Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

Rojo back now aswell. I can see Jones miss a few league games between now and new year .

Yeah Jones will miss some games and his risk of injury will increase if he’s playing more often but I was hoping Rojo might be stationed at left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

eagle eye wrote: »
    The only argument you can have about United's defense is who is better between Bailly and Jones. Jones will not be dropped unless he has a bad run of games. Smalling is the one that will lose out if Mourinho wants to give Rojo games.

Jones is constantly a doubt and has struggled to play 2 games a week. He is regularly rested in the cl games and Carling cup games. The midweek games are now going to be Pl games so I reckon he will either be rested or what has happened throughout his career he will get injured if he plays games every 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

eagle eye wrote: »
    The only argument you can have about United's defense is who is better between Bailly and Jones. Jones will not be dropped unless he has a bad run of games. Smalling is the one that will lose out if Mourinho wants to give Rojo games.

This season jones has been much better than Bailly
    Roji is not a good left back but given the other options may get games there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Not sure if this had been mentioned already but I came across it on the Fantasy PL reddit

The first 11 Gameweeks were played across 86 days, the next 11 Gameweeks are played across 46 days (After the international break)

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/why-premier-league-club-apos-121800153.html
    Once the current international break is over, the next 11 rounds – almost 30 per cent of the entire season - will be played in just 47 days, starting on 18 November and ending on 3 January. All 20 top-flight clubs will play a league fixture, on average, every four days.

Take Chelsea as an example. Antonio Conte's side cannot let their foot off the pedal in the Champions League just yet following last week's defeat in Rome, with two group games remaining against Qarabag and Atletico Madrid. Then, on 20 December, a weakened side is likely to line up against Bournemouth in the EFL Cup quarter-finals. Altogether, with the added Premier League workload on top, Chelsea have two games a week every week until at least 7 January, FA Cup third round weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

That was me ha ha.

hahaha, I'm sure there are some new posters that haven't heard that debate - you should pull up someone on it sometime when your bored :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

km79 wrote: »

Immediately looks for value in defence.... ;)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ace2007 wrote: »
    hahaha, I'm sure there are some new posters that haven't heard that debate - you should pull up someone on it sometime when your bored :P

*paging FHFC to the general chat thread*

Immediately looks for value in defence.... ;)

Look at Burnley or Brighton so cos west hams geriatric defence won't improve until January if it turns at all

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

km79 wrote: »

Hopefully this is a good thing for Chicharito! I've no idea how exactly the arrival of Moyes can help, but surely his goals per games rate can't get much worse...

He's gone after Watford either way, Last Chance Saloon for Little Pea

PVA wrote: »
    Hopefully this is a good thing for Chicharito! I've no idea how exactly the arrival of Moyes can help, but surely his goals per games rate can't get much worse...

He's gone after Watford either way, Last Chance Saloon for Little Pea

He
    Hates
    Moyes

It’s a tad weird there has been no announcement at Everton.

You’d think they’d want the new guy in ASAP.

Give it to Unsworth I say. Until the end of the season at least. That way there’s 2 players I could take in straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It’s a tad weird there has been no announcement at Everton.

You’d think they’d want the new guy in ASAP.

Give it to Unsworth I say. Until the end of the season at least. That way there’s 2 players I could take in straight away.

Unsworth would be far cheaper I bet they just pay him in pies.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

It's being reported that @WatfordFC have rejected an @Everton approach for manager Marco Silva - Silva said to be interested in speaking to @Everton if deal can be agreed.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/41977289

Looks like it’s true alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The England starting XI versus Germany last week would cost you just £61.9m in FPL.

Pickford 4.9
    Trippier 5.7
    Jones 5.3
    Stones 5.7
    Maguire 5.1
    Rose 6.4
    Loftus-Cheek 4.5
    Dier 4.9
    Livermore 4.9
    Abraham 5.9
    Vardy 8.6

Subs userd: Lingard (5.8), Gomez (4.6), Rashford (7.6), Walker (6.6), Cork (4.5), Bertrand (5.4)

Of the 17 players used, 9 were defenders and only 4 midfielders (of which Lingaard was the most expensive).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

Nice. Did an Irish one for the craic. Few subs as obviously we've players at championship level.

Elliot 4.1

Coleman 6.4
    Duffy 4.5
    Clark 4.5
    Ward 4.9

Hendrick 5.4
    Brady 5.5
    McClean 4.9
    McCarthy 4.9
    Arter 4.9

Long 5.8

Subs: Rice 4.4......

Overall cost 60.2

Not a bad defense but short going forward :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

steve_r wrote: »
    Nice. Did an Irish one for the craic. Few subs as obviously we've players at championship level.

Elliot 4.1

Coleman 6.4
    Duffy 4.5
    Clark 4.5
    Ward 4.9

Hendrick 5.4
    Brady 5.5
    McClean 4.9
    McCarthy 4.9
    Arter 4.9

Long 5.8

Subs: Rice 4.4......

Overall cost 60.2

Wes to come in at 13.5 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

PARlance wrote: »
    Wes to come in at 13.5 :)

inpho-00599799.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

steve_r wrote: »

I think you'll find we're long going forward :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

But long is short

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

This is kinda a noob question but how exactly do you transfer a player in and out in the draft teams?? Whenever I click 'Sign' it just says 'You have requested to sign...' but nothing ever happens from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

You sign the player then select who you want to replace. You can do it more than once in an order in case you don't get your first choice transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

-=al=- wrote:
    You sign the player then select who you want to replace. You can do it more than once in an order in case you don't get your first choice transfer

He should be automatically transferred in between now and 1130 tomorrow though so I don't really understand how his transfers aren't going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

-=al=- wrote: »
    Dearg81 wrote: »
    He should be automatically transferred in between now and 1130 tomorrow though so I don't really understand how his transfers aren't going through.

After multiple refreshing and attempts the screen to choose who you want to replace finally came up. Haven't a clue why that didn't show all season. It has prevented me from making any changes to my side but I'm still first in my league so can't complain :P

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

After multiple refreshing and attempts the screen to choose who you want to replace finally came up. Haven't a clue why that didn't show all season. It has prevented me from making any changes to my side but I'm still first in my league so can't complain

It only shows up the day before the gameweek starts. Any other day you attempt a transfer/waiver it won't go through until the day before the gameweek.

If someone below you in the league attempts to get the same player then you'll miss out which is probably what happened to you previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Very interesting stat on FFS, the difference between an OR of 1m and 100k is 56 pts, difference between 100k and 1 is 159 pts. The higher you go the harder it is to make progress but for anyone struggling this year it doesn’t take much to see big improvements in rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Whats happened on the official site. Currently various league tables just showing position and points from last week whereas once when a gameweek kicked off it used to be updated in real time with latest score, everyone's captain, wildcards played etc?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

yPNmJkK.png

Robbed this from Reddit, think the majority of us can relate to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What are fellow Aguero owners doing?

0, 0, 7, 0, 8 and 0 so far today in his last six.

75 and 61 minutes played in his last six, the rest 0 minutes.

Advertisement