Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Paully D wrote: »
    What are fellow Aguero owners doing?

0, 0, 7, 0, 8 and 0 so far today in his last six.

75 and 61 minutes played in his last six, the rest 0 minutes.

Downgrade, and upgrade the City midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Going 3-5-2

Kun/TPT to Hazard/Niasse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Yeah he is gone for me. Planning a big hit to get the team in shape. Aguero to Niasse means I can upgrade TPT and/or Atsu.
    I'll be looking at Rotating 3-5-2 with 3-4-3 for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'll give him another week, no minutes today should mean a start against a Huddersfield team that just shipped 4 against Bmouth. I'll probably captain him too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'll give him another week, no minutes today should mean a start against a Huddersfield team that just shipped 4 against Bmouth. I'll probably captain him too

My thinking too. Then probably shift him for morata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jesus has started every away PL game this year, Pep may well continue the trend unless he starts both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You're forgetting CL midweek. Kun should start that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Jesus has started every away PL game this year, Pep may well continue the trend unless he starts both

There's your first mistake - trying to guess what Pep will do. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's a pain - Aguero and Jesus - ya either stick with them and don't put the armband on them, or you get rid of both and have Sane/Silva.

Huddersfield next week - he could get a brace in that game even if he only got 30 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Huddersfield away, Southampton home, West Ham home.. need him to get 20 points plus in those to justify his place at that price.

Going to give it a week but the knee jerker in me is looking to get hazard in for Chelsea’s great run and get a cheap third choice striker like Niasse in for Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Hard to sell Aguero before Huddersfield but it's pretty frustrating and you need an 11.8 priced player to play week in week out

I'll probably get Lukaku in for Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I got rid of Jesus for a hit this week for lukaku and it cost me fairly big as I would have captained salah. However I'm fine with it as city strikers are just not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I got rid of Jesus for a hit this week for lukaku and it cost me fairly big as I would have captained salah. However I'm fine with it as city strikers are just not worth the hassle.

I did he same but would have captained kane

I can't have too many complaints. I got rid of Sané for Salah! It's great when it works out! :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Wilberto wrote: »
    I can't have too many complaints. I got rid of Sané for Salah! It's great when it works out! :D :pac:

Yeah I sold Davies and Sterling for Moreno and Salah this morning. It's honestly the first time in 3 years that a last minute change paid off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's a pain - Aguero and Jesus - ya either stick with them and don't put the armband on them, or you get rid of both and have Sane/Silva.

Huddersfield next week - he could get a brace in that game even if he only got 30 mins.

I will probably get kane surely they will be stung after the arsenal defeat and will role west brom over?

Plus Kane is on pens we know he starts and if spurs go mad he is normally in the thick of it.

I got away with not owning him for the last couple of weeks.
    But I doubt he will be quiet for long.
    I already have morata. Lukaku is also an option to get. But I think Pogba is better value and I am not sure if Lukaku is on pens anymore.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Probably keep for another week at least.

Will then strongly consider ditching for a cheapy and maybe using the funds to bring in Hazard

Interview last week with the lad who's now currently top in the world:

https://soundcloud.com/justoffside/gw12-part-2-lallana-land

Only playing his 2nd season in FPL.

He's a Croatian guy living in Ireland. Luckily he didn't enter the Boards league so the rest of us have a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Morzadec wrote: »
    Probably keep for another week at least.

Will then strongly consider ditching for a cheapy and maybe using the funds to bring in Hazard

I'm really considering going 3-5-2.

I've always been an advocate of 3-4-3 with 3 premium strikers, but aside from Kane and Morata, Aguero/Jesus is the only other one that I'd really want and the rotation is killing me.

Downgrade Aguero to someone like Niasse and upgrade my fifth midfielder to a Hazard seems like the play here.

Aye, I'll give it another week and see but I'd be astonished if Aguero doesn't start CL and Jesus away to Huddersfield as he has started all away PL games thus far.

He's a Croatian guy living in Ireland. Luckily he didn't enter the Boards league so the rest of us have a chance!

Talks a lot about having a plan and sticking to it (avoiding bandwagons), which is good common sense in this game but a good reminder nonetheless. However, presumably he hasn't had too many nasty surprises like random injuries / suspensions / seemingly nailed on players suddenly being dropped. I've felt it hard to get a long term plan together lately due to constantly having to paper over cracks in my team the last few weeks.

The main interesting takeaway from it was that he has just mainly steered clear of City players. No City mids since GW2, never had Sane.

He likes to have a plan and says that he just can't stick to a plan when you don't know who's going to play. There's a lot of here (me included) who have either not managed to field 11 players, or have been scrambling around taking points hits to attempt to deal with Pep's rotation.

I've always lived by the philosophy of the paramount importance of having guaranteed starters in your team, but City's insane attack just maybe made me throw this out the window. Plus I thought Aguero would be more nailed on when fit.

I said a while ago that correctly predicting / anticipating City'd rotation would be the key to doing well this season, but turns out that perhaps the best strategy was to avoid them altogether.

• Advertisement

Talks a lot about having a plan and sticking to it (avoiding bandwagons), which is good common sense in this game but a good reminder nonetheless. However, presumably he hasn't had too many nasty surprises like random injuries / suspensions / seemingly nailed on players suddenly being dropped. I've felt it hard to get a long term plan together lately due to constantly having to paper over cracks in my team the last few weeks.

The main interesting takeaway from it was that he has just mainly steered clear of City players. No City mids since GW2, never had Sane.

He likes to have a plan and says that he just can't stick to a plan when you don't know who's going to play. There's a lot of here (me included) who have either not managed to field 11 players, or have been scrambling around taking points hits to attempt to deal with Pep's rotation.

I've always lived by the philosophy of the paramount importance of having guaranteed starters in your team, but City's insane attack just maybe made me throw this out the window. Plus I thought Aguero would be more nailed on when fit.

I said a while ago that correctly predicting / anticipating City'd rotation would be the key to doing well this season, but turns out that perhaps the best strategy was to avoid them altogether.

O e lad has rocketed up work league the last month with no city players
    I may have none this weekend . If sterling starts mid week I'm selling him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I don't think there is any problem in having city mids you just need to stick with whoever you go with. Silva, kdb and sane are close enough to being nailed. Sterling at his price you can probably accept the inevitable rotation. The strikers are a no go for me.

Their 'Wagon watch' means something completely different to me... :confused:

I don't think there is any problem in having city mids you just need to stick with whoever you go with. Silva, kdb and sane are close enough to being nailed. Sterling at his price you can probably accept the inevitable rotation. The strikers are a no go for me.

Agreed they just take up too much funds whereas sterling and sane are kindly priced.
    I am starting to look at getting KDB back even at 10.1 he looks like good value.
    Plus he starts!

Yeah agree, Sane looks fairly nailed on now, and well priced. He may miss a match here and there but at least it's not as devastating as he's only taking up 8.5 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Agreed they just take up too much funds whereas sterling and sane are kindly priced.
    I am starting to look at getting KDB back even at 10.1 he looks like good value.
    Plus he starts!

Could you stretch to afford Hazard?

Been in bed quite a bit.

Haven’t watch MOTD yet.

When do we find out if Niasse is getting done for diving ?

Been in bed quite a bit.

Haven’t watch MOTD yet.

When do we find out if Niasse is getting done for diving ?

He won’t be
    There was contact
    Minimal but there was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Does anyone have any idea when Jones will return from injury for United?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    He won’t be
    There was contact
    Minimal but there was

Big decision now before price changes.

Jesus to Niasse so I can get Sane feels so sideways.

The City conundrum has really been an unwanted and distracting sideshow this season. Wish I had the balls to go without.

Advertisement