Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had a gander there at the top end of the OR...it's worth checking out the team in 20th place...no strikers...premium defence & mids...100 points and Diouf to come.

The same player used Triple Captain in GW 7 on Rashford...the mind boggles :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Had a gander there at the top end of the OR...it's worth checking out the team in 20th place...no strikers...premium defence & mids...100 points and Diouf to come.

The same player used Triple Captain in GW 7 on Rashford...the mind boggles :-)

Probably somebody's experimental team that's had a good run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Could you stretch to afford Hazard?

I have him already got him about three gameweeks ago before he was fashionable.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Tony Pulis sacked as expected

https://twitter.com/WBA/status/932551461485113344

Would have liked to see Kane up against Pulis' WBA, wonder how much of an impact it'll have next week

Would Big Sam take that job ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Would Big Sam take that job ?

That’s what I said at weekend and why I haven’t sold Foster yet ........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Goodbye Pulisball, thanks for all the clean sheet points over the years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I honestly believe there has never been a season like this in FPL.

In previous seasons there was a bit of a stock team, and if you didn't have certain players, you were fúcked. It was Aguero a couple of seasons ago. It was RVP before that. It was Ronaldo before that.

No such thing this season. between rotation, 5 or 6 premium striking options, loads of premium midfield options, it's an absolute minefield.

I haven't taken a points hit yet this season. I'm not saying that's the right way to go at all, because everyone's situation is different. I'm hovering around 100k, and i've found my scores, luckily, quite consistent. So far, I've just taken the outlook that with so many good scorers, you may as well largely stick with what you've got. it's not a hard and fast rule by any means, but when dealing with Kane, Salah, Hazard, Morata, Jesus, Aguero, Lacazette, Sanchez, Lukaku, Pogba et al - in a sense it's almost impossible to have the exact right players every week. You will be screwed.

I don't know if there is an absolute right answer to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

SlickRic wrote: »

I don't know if there is an absolute right answer to be honest.

16 point hits FTW

Insight from Pep following the injury to Mendy: "Sane has to go wide [now], which is why they [Aguero and Jesus] don't play together." #MCFC

Guardiola: “Sergio is fit. Gabriel Jesus is fit. It is my toughest decision. There are a lot of games and they have to be ready to play well, even if it is from the bench”. https://t.co/DyV1ltxCnn

Aguero and Jesus no goes for me now
    Sane coming in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That's that then.

Bye Bye Sergio very very soon.

I might risk the Huddersfield game, but it's not worth it long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Insight from Pep following the injury to Mendy: "Sane has to go wide [now], which is why they [Aguero and Jesus] don't play together." #MCFC

Guardiola: “Sergio is fit. Gabriel Jesus is fit. It is my toughest decision. There are a lot of games and they have to be ready to play well, even if it is from the bench”. https://t.co/DyV1ltxCnn

Aguero and Jesus no goes for me now
    Sane coming in

The poster in here the city fan cant remember his username now nailed that weeks ago . It was a great shout by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone have any idea when Jones will return from injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well at least we know for sure now on Aguero/Jesus. It can't be any more clearer than that.

Aguero to Niasse and Carroll to Hazard is what I think I'll do, going 3-5-2 with a midfield of Hazard, Sterling, Salah, Richarilson and Zaha and strike force of Kane and Morata. I'd also have enough free cash to go Sane instead of Sterling down the line if needed.

First time ever I've really played 3-5-2 but don't really fancy Lukaku and there's no one else premium realistically.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Good to hear on Sane, interesting how this plays out for Sterling.

I'll be giving Jesus one more week before swapping to Morata either way... he has a much better chance of scoring big at Huddersfield (even as a substitute) than Morata at Anfield imo

Jesus to Morata next week is as easy an FPL decision as captaining Suarez vs Norwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Don't know what to do. If Jesus starts against Feyenoord then maybe I'll keep Kun but I highly doubt he will.

Nobody know when’s jones is back
    When mourinho tells us it will be posted !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Plus the Jones ship has sailed IMO. He can't play twice a week so will be rotated in pl games up till new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Plus the Jones ship has sailed IMO. He can't play twice a week so will be rotated in pl games up till new year.

Agreed, but I still have him and hope to get the Brighton game out of him.

I have Davies, Brady, Ritchie, Aguero and Vardy to sort out this week :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The poster in here the city fan cant remember his username now nailed that weeks ago . It was a great shout by him.

Credit to POKERKING.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Kun to Morata now
    Might go Ali to Hazard too later in the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Got a feeling some are gonna be burnt by early transfers ahead of the champions league games

manual_man wrote: »
    Got a feeling some are gonna be burnt by early transfers ahead of the champions league games

yeah i sucked up ANOTHER .1 drop on alli and salah rise as I was unsure which way I want to go this weekend and to make sure none of them get injured AND see if Bavies and sterling start midweek

my TV is abysmal this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Poch saying he will gives players who need it a rest tomorrow here's hoping Kane gets nice and comfy on the bench

Poch saying he will gives players who need it a rest tomorrow here's hoping Kane gets nice and comfy on the bench

Rose has travelled so I'm hoping Bavies doesn't play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

If Kane isn’t rested I’ll be surprised, he’ll come back a bit fresher then hopefully

Will be interesting to see how the upcoming busy schedule impacts clean sheets.

Will it tire teams out and lead to a lack of clean sheets ?

Will it allow teams to get even more finely tuned and keep more clean sheets ?

Will the larger squads rotate better thus helping them keep more clean sheets ?

I could have a spate of clean sheets with DDG or I could find out I was better off with Elliott and Speroni.

I’m leaning toward tired players and less clean sheets overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

United could potentially go on a run of no clean sheets (or a patchy run at least), they've allowed a lot of shots get on target. DDG has made the 6th most saves in the league.

Although they have a decent run coming up so will likely be good for some clean sheets in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Have enough to do Kun/Vardy/TPT to Morata/Niasse and Sane for -8 but can't pull the trigger, with Kun away to Huddersfield and Vardy at West Ham it could backfire spectacularly, tough season which is making it fun.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Have enough to do Kun/Vardy/TPT to Morata/Niasse and Sane for -8 but can't pull the trigger, with Kun away to Huddersfield and Vardy at West Ham it could backfire spectacularly, tough season which is making it fun.

Recently sold Vardy but I would love to have him for this weekend.

Advertisement