Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fromvert wrote: »
    United could potentially go on a run of no clean sheets (or a patchy run at least), they've allowed a lot of shots get on target. DDG has made the 6th most saves in the league.

Although they have a decent run coming up so will likely be good for some clean sheets in there.
    Ye a read a thing last week that there expected goals conceded so far is close to an extra six goals apart from Burnley I think it was the highest. They have been giving up a fair few chances but in utds case it helps when you have the best keeper in the league to make vital saves. Its a combination of great saves by ddg and some poor misses. Although you would imagine the % of games they are keeping cs in will fall the same with Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

United could potentially go on a run of no clean sheets (or a patchy run at least), they've allowed a lot of shots get on target. DDG has made the 6th most saves in the league.

Although they have a decent run coming up so will likely be good for some clean sheets in there.
    I’ve commented on this a few times as I watch most united games
    Most of those shots have been from outside box and daisy cutters !!!!!
    He has picked up some very very very handy save points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

patmac wrote: »
    Have enough to do Kun/Vardy/TPT to Morata/Niasse and Sane for -8 but can't pull the trigger, with Kun away to Huddersfield and Vardy at West Ham it could backfire spectacularly, tough season which is making it fun.

Who’s TPT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

patmac wrote: »
    Have enough to do Kun/Vardy/TPT to Morata/Niasse and Sane for -8 but can't pull the trigger, with Kun away to Huddersfield and Vardy at West Ham it could backfire spectacularly, tough season which is making it fun.

Who’s TPT?
    Two-point Tom Carroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Two-point Tom Carroll

Hopefully his name doesn't change to NPT soon :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hopefully his name doesn't change to NPT soon :(

You mean No Problem Tom? because he'll score so much.. Right? :pac:

Two-point Tom Carroll

Thanks! I kept seeing that on here and Reddit and couldn’t for the life of me figure it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Thanks! I kept seeing that on here and Reddit and couldn’t for the life of me figure it out.

I was the same. Sometimes nicknames are confusing here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I have Tom Carroll, but I don't think he's ever come off the bench for me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ye a read a thing last week that there expected goals conceded so far is close to an extra six goals apart from Burnley I think it was the highest. They have been giving up a fair few chances but in utds case it helps when you have the best keeper in the league to make vital saves. Its a combination of great saves by ddg and some poor misses. Although you would imagine the % of games they are keeping cs in will fall the same with Burnley.
    There's a better explanation. I just bought DDG :D :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Wilberto wrote: »
    I have Tom Carroll, but I don't think he's ever come off the bench for me! :pac:

He brings 0 points off the bench these days :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Wilberto wrote: »

He’s only ever come off the bench for me once, with an assist. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

So Newcastle, West Brom & Huddersfield all shipped 4 goals last weekend.
    Tough captain decisions this weekend between Man U, City, Spurs and even Watford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

wdBTmeb.png

busy times ahead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Two-point Tom Carroll

Reddit? Knew I should have trademarked it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

busy times ahead

15 starters absolutely vital now.

Premium players like Aguero who can't be banked on to start every week need to go and cannot be carried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

On Davies. Danny Rose didn't make the squad against Arsenal for fitness reasons. He had a bad first half against Dortmund but was kept on the pitch and was one of the better players out there second half.

When his fitness levels are up to 100% I'd say he is first choice rather than someone who rotates with Davies. No question. Davies playing the odd game here and there especially in busy periods. Aurier will probably rob the spot the odd time too as against Liverpool when there's a threat coming down their left flank. He's a tackling beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dsmythy wrote: »
    On Davies. Danny Rose didn't make the squad against Arsenal for fitness reasons. He had a bad first half against Dortmund but was kept on the pitch and was one of the better players out there second half.

When his fitness levels are up to 100% I'd say he is first choice rather than someone who rotates with Davies. No question. Davies playing the odd game here and there especially in busy periods. Aurier will probably rob the spot the odd time too as against Liverpool when there's a threat coming down their left flank. He's a tackling beast.

Already ditched Bavies and Trippier will be following after this gw. They both did well for me. But I can't afford to keep players who'll play every second game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jones, all spurs full backs and aguero/ Jesus are all going to be rotated a lot between now and new year. I'll be avoiding all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

Next week isn't a double game week, is it?

Is a double game week just when a couple of teams play midweek due to re-fixtures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Jones, all spurs full backs and aguero/ Jesus are all going to be rotated a lot between now and new year. I'll be avoiding all of the above.

I'm hoping to get next weekend out of Bavies and then will move him on
    If Christensen could play well against Liverpool this would help matters but I'm now ofa mind to go really really cheap at the bank and maybe squeeze in hazard AND moratta

It may require me to keep sterling instead of getting sane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

DuhJerk wrote: »
    Next week isn't a double game week, is it?

Is a double game week just when a couple of teams play midweek due to re-fixtures?

No game weeks don't always follow the calendar week. It's the same as normal for points and transfers just less time between deadlines.

Yep that's exactly what makes a double GW typically. We don't normally see double game weeks until the later stages of the league cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Probably a silly question but still going to ask. If I transfer list all my players I get 100.5 itb but on the Home page it tells me my team is worth 101.3? Why is this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but still going to ask. If I transfer list all my players I get 100.5 itb but on the Home page it tells me my team is worth 101.3? Why is this?

It's to do with PP, CP and SP - on your transfer page.
    Different numbers give different values.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's to do with PP, CP and SP - on your transfer page.
    Different numbers give different values.

So on wildcard I’ve 100.5 to spend not 101.3?

I thought I was loaded

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I thought I was loaded

100.5 is definitely on the low side.
    I've 101.4 myself and I reckon a good few around here have 102+ to play around with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I thought I was loaded

Correct.

Some of the players you own have gone up 0.1m since you bought them, but they would have to go up 0.2m for you to get 0.1m profit when selling them.

F1ngers wrote: »
    100.5 is definitely on the low side.
    I've 101.4 myself and I reckon a good few around here have 102+ to play around with.

YA when I transfer list them all that’s the value I’m getting to spend on my new team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hazard is giving me a headache. Was all set on my midfield going forward but Haz looks to have really found form and so hard to ignore with the fixtures. Have Morata but have a feeling I'll be punished if I don't have Haz as well. Just how to fit him in

Advertisement