Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Hazard is giving me a headache. Was all set on my midfield going forward but Haz looks to have really found form and so hard to ignore with the fixtures. Have Morata but have a feeling I'll be punished if I don't have Haz as well. Just how to fit him in
    same for me..........im going to have a good look at the weekend
    if i want him it will mean a much cheaper 5th mid than pogba heading into xmas OR firmino instead of moratta which im not keen on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yup, also making Haz plans, but some gaps to plug first.

I like all my midfield though apart from my super cheapy one, so looks like it's a 3-5-2 going forward.

On a side note is Haz a new boards nickname that will stick? My use of Aggy for Aguero hasn't got much traction here yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Haz is far better than Aggy! Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Haha it's just the name shortening really. Aguero is Kun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

If I get Haz, the easiest would be in place of KdB (which I'd be reluctant to do). Also brings up the issue of who to captain between Morata and Haz. KdB had been so consistent but Haz has potential for monstrous scores and with that fixture list... I have Silva already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm going for Hazard and Lukaku rather than Morata.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'm going for Hazard and Lukaku rather than Morata.

Likewise I feel haz is less of a rotation risk and should get more minutes than morata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How nailed is Speroni?

Need 0.2 to squeeze Alonso into my team and considering downgrading Elliot (4.1) to Pereria (3.9) to facilitate it.

Or else is there any 4.3 or below defenders that look likely to play most games for foreseeable future? Already have Mariappa so defence is looking thin already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

How nailed is Speroni?

Need 0.2 to squeeze Alonso into my team and considering downgrading Elliot (4.1) to Pereria (3.9) to facilitate it.

I can’t imagine he is very nailed on. He was absolute muck last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Fcuk it I'm keeping Aguero for the next 3, Huddersfield away, Southampton and West Ham at home even if he only gets 100 minutes he could score big, plus he will be a big differential and I would have to do a -8 or -12 this week to get in Salah or Sane.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I'm looking at £4.4m defensive options this week and stumbled across West Ham's Angelo Ogbonna...

He's played 7 full 90 minute games this season and returned a grand total of 4 points. Impressive

Alonso is beginning to give me the eye

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

km79 wrote: »
    Alonso is beginning to give me the eye

Disgraceful, he's married

PVA wrote: »
    Disgraceful, he's married

The heart wants what the heart wants

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Stupid question probably lads but I'm a FF newbie - Do I have to keep my team for this weekend the same for midweek fixtures or will we get the chance to make changes midweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rekluse wrote: »
    Stupid question probably lads but I'm a FF newbie - Do I have to keep my team for this weekend the same for midweek fixtures or will we get the change to make changes midweek?

No the midweek is a new gw so you can make changes. Later on on the year there are double gameweeks when you can't change your team. This place will be in a frenzy when that is happening so you won't miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I'm looking at £4.4m defensive options this week and stumbled across West Ham's Angelo Ogbonna...

He's played 7 full 90 minute games this season and returned a grand total of 4 points. Impressive

Straight on to the watchlist! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What I want to happened this weekend - Vardy to score at least one goal - in which case I will bring him and Hazard in. Mahrez has been very good last few games - just needs someone to get on the end of a few balls.

Really looking forward to the next 10 rapid GW’s over the next 6 weeks starting tonight.

There will be huge swings in overall rankings and there’ll be lots of tears for some and utter joy for others.

The dumb and hopeful optimist in me can see it going only one way.

Really looking forward to the next 10 rapid GW’s over the next 6 weeks starting tonight.

There will be huge swings in overall rankings and there’ll be lots of tears for some and utter joy for others.

The dumb and hopeful optimist in me can see it going only one way.

Yeah hopefully
    Need spurs to kick on this weekend and then Chelsea next 2
    Teams packed with grobb chopu niasse will surely suffer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Jonjoe Kenny for Everton at 4.3 - played 90 mins last four games and returned 3 points!! #enabler

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah hopefully
    Need spurs to kick on this weekend and then Chelsea next 2
    Teams packed with grobb chopu niasse will surely suffer

Why out of interest? They're all solid picks, great value and enablers for big hitters, every good squad need one or two players like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

I was going to ask this in the Match day thread but there doesn't seem to be one and fecked if I'm going to suffer the wrath of KM79 etc by starting one, so who to start 2 of these 4 Gross, Yedlin, Mee or Klavan?

Morzadec wrote: »
    Why out of interest? They're all solid picks, great value and enablers for big hitters, every good squad need one or two players like that

One or 2 yes of course
    What I meant was last week all 3 hit double figures and were in a lot of teams who WERE below me whilst a lot of big guns in my team blanked
    I’m hoping this will be reversed over the next week
    I mean what were the chances of both gross and CM scoring AND then sharing 3 bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

patmac wrote: »
    I was going to ask this in the Match day thread but there doesn't seem to be one and fecked if I'm going to suffer the wrath of KM79 etc by starting one, so who to start 2 of these 4 Gross, Yedlin, Mee or Klavan?

It's a close call but I'd probably start Gross and Yedlin

Tough one that
    I’d go with mee anyway and then ............gross or yedlin

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Gross & Yedlin imo

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Just on this, if Yedlin plays, is Manquillo on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Just on this, if Yedlin plays, is Manquillo on the bench?

Yedlin is a RB. Manquillo is a LB.

Dummett is a LB but is still 2/3 weeks away from pushing for a start I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Tough call here: RLC Home to stoke or Ricarlison away to Newcastle? Currently on the latter based on form

Advertisement