Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

bantee wrote: »
    Tough call here: RLC Home to stoke or Ricarlison away to Newcastle? Currently on the latter based on form

Richarlison has a higher points expectancy than RLC according to bookie odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

bantee wrote: »
    Tough call here: RLC Home to stoke or Ricarlison away to Newcastle? Currently on the latter based on form

Richarlison for me.

Struggling to decide on 2 from Mee, Mariappa, Naughton and Gomez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Staying away from Pogba for time being. Stacked fixture list (incl CL game which he'll surely start) and what Mou said about managing his minutes and it just doesn't feel right. Hope i don't get burned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

patmac wrote: »
    I was going to ask this in the Match day thread but there doesn't seem to be one and fecked if I'm going to suffer the wrath of KM79 etc by starting one, so who to start 2 of these 4 Gross, Yedlin, Mee or Klavan?

Thanks Patmac! Almost got caught out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

ElTel wrote: »
    Yedlin is a RB. Manquillo is a LB.

Dummett is a LB but is still 2/3 weeks away from pushing for a start I think.

Manquillo is really a right back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Runswithfeet

Am I right in saying despite getting 2 game ban Niasse has escaped a price drop thus far?

Have him as my 3rd striker and think I will hang onto him at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,887 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Am I right in saying despite getting 2 game ban Niasse has escaped a price drop thus far?

Have him as my 3rd striker and think I will hang onto him at this stage.

Yeah I brought him just before his price rise and ban.
    If you got him before his price rise it is unlikely you will lose any money on him.
    Great value around the same price as Stephen ward and in a team with good fixtures and have to scrap for thier lives.
    He is the ideal first bench sub in fpl.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Same here...bought him for 4.9m and then he goes and does his Swan Lake impression!....hopefully Everton strikers don’t shoot the lights out in next two games!....so he gets straight back into team:)

Yeah I brought him just before his price rise and ban.
    If you got him before his price rise it is unlikely you will lose any money on him.
    Great value around the same price as Stephen ward and in a team with good fixtures and have to scrap for thier lives.
    He is the ideal first bench sub in fpl.[/quote]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

He is the ideal first bench sub in fpl.

Precisely the reason I brought him in, expect him to be used a good bit over Christmas too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Mo Salah is now the leading points scorer in FPL, a clear 15 points ahead of Sane who plays tomorrow. If he continues on this form and doesn't get hit by injuries, he's set for a 200+ point season. However, as with all foreign players that come to England, the age old quest must be asked...

Can he do it on a cold, wet, Wednesday evening in Stoke?

He'll get his chance in a few days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Whoever on the forum back in early August posted the Mane/Salah/Firmino analysis, I salute you. At the time we were all trying to figure out which of the 3 was the must have, at the time the score was....
    Mane: 3 goals - 22 points
    Salah: 2 goals, 2 assists - 23 points
    Firmino: 2 goals, 2 assists - 26 points

The anlysis basically showed how despite Firmino being named as the number 9, Salah was getting beyond him and taking more shots, with Mane doing the opposite. One of the real nuggets of gold amoungs a sea of opinions on this forum and one of the reasons I love reading here.

I went with the analysis on my wildcard, and since then it's...
    Mane: 0 goals, 2 assists, 1 suspension, 1 injury - 14 points
    Salah: 8 goals, 1 assist - 72 points
    Firmino: 1 goal, 1 assis - 26 points

Real great example of looking beyond the stats. whoever it was that posted it, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Whoever on the forum back in early August posted the Mane/Salah/Firmino analysis, I salute you. At the time we were all trying to figure out which of the 3 was the must have, at the time the score was....

The anlysis basically showed how despite Firmino being named as the number 9, Salah was getting beyond him and taking more shots, with Mane doing the opposite. One of the real nuggets of gold amoungs a sea of opinions on this forum and one of the reasons I love reading here.

Real great example of looking beyond the stats. whoever it was that posted it, thank you!

I ignored it and am about 72 points worse off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shedite27 wrote: »

It seems a bit odd to go against this in any way but I will. Salah has been class, but the last 3 GWs have put a really nice gloss on things, 38 points of those 72 GW4-13 inclusive. For the first 7 GWs of that, he was "only" averaging 5 ppg. He has become a must have in the last 3. He has turned clinical after a fair bit of frustration.

There was never any chance Firmino was getting the attacking spot ahead of those other 2 for me. Just no, no way.

It's slightly unfair on Mane as he has played sfa since then and is still being eased in. Salah is on form and ownership means he is now a must have but I wouldn't be too put off if someone said you had to play a fully fit Mane instead. From his 5 fullish games this year he has returned 8,8,6,10,3... averaging more than 7 ppg.
    If he didn't get sent off and injured I think he would have taken some Salah points and they'd both be sitting having returned high 80's so far.

It'll be interesting to see how the points go with Mane fully back, I fancy Salah to pip him but only just.

Tldr: Mane was a good shout back in GW3, you can't account for suspensions / injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PARlance wrote: »
    Tldr: Mane was a good shout back in GW3, you can't account for suspensions / injuries.
    Absolutely.

I was just pointing out that whoever made that call looking a their average positions, it's definetly been the right one, even in games they've both played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Just for a bit of long term planning in the next 6 games Arsenal, Brighton, Everton, Leicester (although 3 of these are Spurs ,Chelsea and Utd), Man City and Stoke have 4 games at home , Palace, Huddersfield, Liverpool, Utd, Newcastle and Spurs have 4 away. Might get in a City defender instead of Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

patmac wrote: »
    Just for a bit of long term planning in the next 6 games Arsenal, Brighton, Everton, Leicester (although 3 of these are Spurs ,Chelsea and Utd), Man City and Stoke have 4 games at home , Palace, Huddersfield, Liverpool, Utd, Newcastle and Spurs have 4 away. Might get in a City defender instead of Salah.

No real difference whether Salah plays home or away so far. Quick calc shows
    43 from 6 away = 7.1 ppg
    52 from 7 home = 7.4 ppg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Kane’s next 4 games are Leicester (a), Watford (a), Stoke (h), Brighton (h)

Morata/Hazard’s next 4 are Swansea (h), Newcastle (h), West Ham (a), Huddersfield (a)

Do you think with captaincy you are better off just picking one player knowing over a stretch of games you will get reward or else move it from player to player depending on their fixtures and risk getting unlucky with blanks?

Kane pretty much averages a goal a game and consistently takes loads of shots etc but the four goals you would expect from him could easily come in the Leicester and Watford games which are slightly harder on paper. And obviously the same thing could happen with Morata.

So even though the fixtures tell us to go Morata (Swansea H), Morata (Newcastle H), Kane (Stoke H) and Kane (Brighton H) maybe picking one and sticking with him is a better method if you want to protect yourself from Lady Luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

So even though the fixtures tell us to go Morata (Swansea H), Morata (Newcastle H), Kane (Stoke H) and Kane (Brighton H) maybe picking one and sticking with him is a better method if you want to protect yourself from Lady Luck?

I dunno, nearly better off with Kane (c) when spurs are away from home than at Wembley this season tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I dunno, nearly better off with Kane (c) when spurs are away from home than at Wembley this season tbh.

I don’t believe Kane is any better away from home than he is at Wembley - sample size is too small. There will be plenty of braces at home this season - like in loads of those games where he blanked he went very close to scoring and was just as threatening as he is away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I have Kane, Morata, and Hazard for the upcoming games. Captain issue is a tough one. I'd nearly leave it on Kane for the whole lot given that I have both of the Chelsea lads.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    I have Kane, Morata, and Hazard for the upcoming games. Captain issue is a tough one. I'd nearly leave it on Kane for the whole lot given that I have both of the Chelsea lads.

Have the same dilemma.....going with Morata midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Also have all 3.

Haz for me, he's just looked so good lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pardew set to take over at WBA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,887 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Morzadec wrote: »
    Also have all 3.

Haz for me, he's just looked so good lately

Plus the way the fpl bonus system works because he does not give the ball away much and creates chances -
    Even if he just gets one assist he is likely to get bonus points like the last days game.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

manual_man wrote: »

Always struck me as a streaky manager if there is such a thing. Either unbeatable for games on end or utterly miserable results.

I'll give him three games and see :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

I took a lot of hits early in this campaign and wasted a wildcard as well, since week 8 (when I was ranked 2.6m) I have only taken a hit once and now I am currently ranked 465k. Yesterday I panicked a bit and took a -4 to get in Salah along with Shaquiri and Niasse. Silva, Vardy and Carroll gave way. I have a very bad feeling about this week and feel that Salah could be rested and Silva and Vardy could score big (similar to the time I got rid of Aguero and he got 9 and 20 in the following 2 weeks). Hope I am wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »

Definitely selling Foster now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Plus the way the fpl bonus system works because he does not give the ball away much and creates chances -
    Even if he just gets one assist he is likely to get bonus points like the last days game.

Yup beats players as well which I think is good for bonus points.

And to be fair he 100% deserved the 3 points against Pool, he looked different class again.

You also get the one point for the cleany. You see Hazard getting a lot of 11 point hauls with just one goal (5 + 3 + 2 + 1), whereas one goal for Morata might well end up being just a 6 pointer as Hazard and the defenders tend to hoover up the BPs.

Morata more likely to score a goal, but the above pips it for Hazard imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So apparently Brighton and Palace hate each other and both will be well up for the game. Which makes me much less confident of a Duffy clean sheet. I'd bench him if I had a better option.

• Advertisement

So apparently Brighton and Palace hate each other and both will be well up for the game. Which makes me much less confident of a Duffy clean sheet. I'd bench him if I had a better option.

The M23 derby. Seen a short tv show on it recently.

Very tenuous reasons (imo) for the rivalry yet seems to be quite a vicious rivalry.

Will be interesting to see if many cards are issued.

Advertisement