Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

806 vs 613

Transfer wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yup I have the same combo. Luckily I was always planning Courtois in this week so a nice free shot at a cleany for Hart (started Eliot), and some disruption to my rivals who have Eliot/Speroni. So happy enough.

Just wondering whether to ditch Hart for the extra 0.3 but only have one playing GK, or ditch Eliot... will likely play courtois every match so seems a waste to have 4.4 on the bench

I was always getting courtois in this week aswell so it was as good a time as ever for Elliot to lose his place. I think I'm going to sell Elliot over hart now though as I'll bank Elliot's price rise and courtois is a little bit more injury prone than some keepers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I love the way 25,000 people have suddenly decided to transfer in Ashley Young. It's almost as if they expect him to score two goals in the next game as well! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Do I leave Elliot in my team or be safe and transfer him out and get Hennessy in? I can sell Elliot for 4.1 and that'd leave me with 4.3 to spend....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Wilberto wrote: »

You see that a fair bit (but it doesn't make it any less weird).

People set up teams just to get the top weekly or overnight rank. That team was only set up a few weeks ago for eg.

PARlance wrote: »
    You see that a fair bit (but it doesn't make it any less weird).

People set up teams just to get the top weekly or overnight rank. That team was only set up a few weeks ago for eg.

Ah yeah, I knew that alright. Why would you bother though! :pac: 14 transfers this week! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hennessey is absolutely awful, but with Palace's upcoming fixtures I think he's the best cheapie option. I'm going to move Elliot to Hennessey and roll with him and Speroni I think as I'm not too keen on doubling up on say Pope with Mee.

Pickford is firmly under consideration now with Allarydce taking over there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Courtois is a nice rotation free route into Chelsea. Pope is good if you have no Burnley defenders but Speroni and Hennessey isn't bad with the fixtures either.

Heaton back lifting weights now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I love the way 25,000 people have suddenly decided to transfer in Ashley Young. It's almost as if they expect him to score two goals in the next game as well! :pac: :pac:

4.9m midfielder who has two goals, two assists and 6 bonus points in his last 3 games. Also is on his fair share of set pieces and Mourinho doesn't trust anyone else to play LB/LWB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

206pua.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

In fairness, Ashley Young is 4.9, practically nailed on, and has been playing incredibly advanced recently. Yes he is OOP at left back, but he's taking set pieces, and puts in a number of dangerous balls, with Lukaku/Pogba/Zlatan to get on the end of them. I'm not bringing him in personally, but I've seen far more outlandish transfers in.

EDIT: What wong said above. I should finish reading the page before commenting :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭Invincible

wong wrote: »
    4.9m midfielder who has two goals, two assists and 6 bonus points in his last 3 games. Also is on his fair share of set pieces and Mourinho doesn't trust anyone else to play LB/LWB.

Plus the inevitable couple of price rises in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PVA wrote: »
    Mo Salah...

Can he do it on a cold, wet, Wednesday evening in Stoke?

He'll get his chance in a few days...
    Yup, only needed 20 minutes too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Salah will be auto-captained until further notice.

Have owned him now for a few weeks but only captained him once unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Probably going with Alonso again this weekend.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Salah will be auto-captained until further notice.

Have owned him now for a few weeks but only captained him once unfortunately

No doubt the week he missed the peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

No doubt the week he missed the peno.

No - I had him captained for his 2 goal haul against Huddersfield.

Always wary of captaining a Liverpool player as a Liverpool fan, but it makes sense now even from a pure, cold-hearted analytical FPL point of view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Top 5 strikers ordered by price...
    Kane
    Aguero
    Lukaku
    Morata
    Jesus

Top 5 strikers ordered by points...
    Kane
    Aguero
    Lukaku
    Morata
    Jesus

You get what you pay for it seems

If niasse or DCL look like keeping the spot for Everton I'll be going Kane and 2 cheap strikers and 4 midfield heavy hitters and richarlison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

My Azpi got a rest and Alonso must be getting tired. What's there to be said for Azpi playing out left this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dsmythy wrote: »
    My Azpi got a rest and Alonso must be getting tired. What's there to be said for Azpi playing out left this weekend?

It's possible. In a recent game Alonso got subbed off and Azpi shifted over to the left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Evening boardsies. Been neglecting you which is surprising since I was a posting freak most of the time. Been foruming and twittering a lot less this season, although I've got roped into an FPL Whatsapp group which keeps me informed!

No idea how everyone is doing, although I see I passed Busts out this week, the main reason I'm checking back in really. :D:D

By the way. A dead team is 9th in the world in FPL.

We can all go home now. Our lives are pointless.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FHFC wrote: »
    By the way. A dead team is 9th in the world in FPL.

We can all go home now. Our lives are pointless.. :(

Just came in to post this. He was mentioned here last week when was 59th.

http://thefantasypl.com/a-dead-team-is-going-to-win-the-fantasy-premier-league/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

If niasse or DCL look like keeping the spot for Everton I'll be going Kane and 2 cheap strikers and 4 midfield heavy hitters and richarlison.

I'm doing that at the moment except I managed to fit in Morata and Kane with Sterling, Pogba, Salah, Hazard and Richarlison. My defence is shiiiiiiiiiite though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Evening boardsies. Been neglecting you which is surprising since I was a posting freak most of the time. Been foruming and twittering a lot less this season, although I've got roped into an FPL Whatsapp group which keeps me informed!

No idea how everyone is doing, although I see I passed Busts out this week, the main reason I'm checking back in really. :D:D

This was my first week owning Salah.

I wildcarded and now I have no keeper.

Somehow Peter Crouch has been mentioned more than is reasonable (once would be more than reasonable).

I've only ranked in 7 digits once this season, two weeks ago.

So you can imagine how well my season has been going :pac:

This was my first week owning Salah.

I wildcarded and now I have no keeper.

Somehow Peter Crouch has been mentioned more than is reasonable (once would be more than reasonable).

I've only ranked in 7 digits once this season, two weeks ago.

So you can imagine how well my season has been going :pac:

Peter Crouch. Glad you haven't changed Mr P.

I'm on a 9 consecutive Green Arrow streak, after a pretty awful start. 80k now from 1.7m gw5

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Peter Crouch. Glad you haven't changed Mr P.

I'm on a 9 consecutive Green Arrow streak, after a pretty awful start. 80k now from 1.7m gw5

Don't worry I didn't get him, instead I got Will Hughes who got injured 20 minutes later. I'm not an idiot :pac:

I'm back up to 666k (:eek:) now though.

It's been a season of captain fails/captain Kane fails basically. That and Salah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not Will Hughes!

Advertisement