Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

Kane or morota up top , 2 cheap enough attackers, richarlison and 4 premium mids is the team I'd love to have.

I’m now thinking of going with Kane as my only striker and 5 premium midfielders if we include Richarlison in that bracket. So Salah, Coutinho, Pogba and Hazard.

I could go Ramsey or Sterling over Pogba but his returns are serious considering minutes played.

Strong back 5 that can carry Alonso, Christensen, Gomez, Zeegelaar with DDG in nets.

But it would mean running with Niasse and DCL. So may have to gamble starting 1 over a defender every now and again when one becomes the obvious Big Sam favourite.

If some heads are running with Jesus and Aguero then surely it’s not madness to run with Niasse and DCL ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Invincible wrote: »
    Don't know how many are left in it, was told there were over100 gone out of it. It's not posted to their FB page as the neighbouring club do. I left some of the big 6 until later previous year, went out early :-). Will go Palace this week then, Southampton & Everton picking up a bit of form now.

Best thing to do is plan it out as far as you can frkm the start. You want to use up as many of the smaller teams as you can with a sprinkling of big teams only when needed. Doing what you've done to this point has given you a great chance of getting through 7 weeks but given you very little chance of winning given what's left.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

jimmii wrote: »
    Best thing to do is plan it out as far as you can frkm the start. You want to use up as many of the smaller teams as you can with a sprinkling of big teams only when needed. Doing what you've done to this point has given you a great chance of getting through 7 weeks but given you very little chance of winning given what's left.

That works very well in theory. In reality though, when you get knocked out early because of being brave and choosing a weaker team you'll be kicking yourself for not choosing a stronger one and staying in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

F1ngers wrote: »
    redarmy wrote: »
    Merseyside derby could be POSTPONED over predicted heavy snow

Source?

Anything I've read says unlikely to impact Liverpool or Manchester.
    Liverpool and Manchester are right in the firing line ???????? Every weather forecast has shown that ?
    Still don’t think games will be called off though at OT or Anfield

Wilberto wrote: »
    That works very well in theory. In reality though, when you get knocked out early because of being brave and choosing a weaker team you'll be kicking yourself for not choosing a stronger one and staying in.

If the theory gives you the best chance of winning that's all that matters you want to try win as often as possible not get through 6 weeks as often as possible!

• Advertisement

Just when I was looking forward to the busy fixture list I’ve had my excitement squashed.

I’ve had some long haul travel foisted upon me, very unexpectedly, and I’ll be regularly without internet never mind access to watch the games over the next 3-4 weeks.

So I’ll be hoping to use this forum as my one stop shop for info and updates when I manage to get online.

Drat, drat, and double drat.

What! Of all the times of year it could happen! Now you don't have time to think about decisions watch as your team flies up the rankings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Just when I was looking forward to the busy fixture list I’ve had my excitement squashed.

I’ve had some long haul travel foisted upon me, very unexpectedly, and I’ll be regularly without internet never mind access to watch the games over the next 3-4 weeks.

So I’ll be hoping to use this forum as my one stop shop for info and updates when I manage to get online.

Drat, drat, and double drat.

Gosh darn it! We're here for you. Safe landings.
    What! Of all the times of year it could happen! Now you don't have time to think about decisions watch as your team flies up the rankings :pac:

He'll have 2FTs and we can't improve his 15.

Ah it’s gonna kill my ranking that was as low as 2.5m in GW 2. Then 1.5m in GW 9.

Over the last 7 GW’s I’ve been putting in the hours and chipping away and got it to 250k.

The bigger problem is I make all my decisions based on the matches I watch so I will really struggle over the next 6 GW’s as I’ll be seeing fook all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hope all goes OK Klopp!

• Advertisement

My plan going into these 2-3 GW’s was to decide who to downgrade for my next premium midfielder.

It’s either Morata downgraded or DDG & Alonso downgraded.

The cash saved allows me to upgrade RLC to Pogba, Ramsey, Sterling or Sane.

So I would have been watching all the above closely and their possible replacements.

My gut tells me to keep DDG & Alonso and just downgrade Morata as it’s less upheaval.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

My plan going into these 2-3 GW’s was to decide who to downgrade for my next premium midfielder.

It’s either Morata downgraded or DDG & Alonso downgraded.

The cash saved allows me to upgrade RLC to Pogba, Ramsey, Sterling or Sane.

So I would have been watching all the above closely and their possible replacements.

My gut tells me to keep DDG & Alonso and just downgrade Morata as it’s less upheaval.

I would also say to keep DDG. I know he's expensive for a keeper, but he's been quietly racking up the points for anyone who has him.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Lads a quick question.. I still have all my mini bonuses like triple captain and free hit etc.. If I use them now do we get brand new ones in the new year?

I did though already use my wildcard..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lads a quick question.. I still have all my mini bonuses like triple captain and free hit etc.. If I use them now do we get brand new ones in the new year?

I did though already use my wildcard..
    Two wildcards, the other 3 chips can be used once

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Free hit this gw. Aguero , coutinho/firmino, Pedro,, Kane , salah, hazard, klavan, aurier . Gonna give it serious consideration .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

Free hit this gw. Aguero , coutinho/firmino, Pedro,, Kane , salah, hazard, klavan, aurier . Gonna give it serious consideration .

Considering a free hit too to move Morata but seems a bit of a waste if I only have 1 missing......but god a one week punt on Aguero at swansea is tempting!

steve_r wrote: »
    Considering a free hit too to move Morata but seems a bit of a waste if I only have 1 missing......but god a one week punt on Aguero at swansea is tempting!

Who may not even start !
    I mean he probably will but went he also supposed to start Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

You'd be half tempted but I think I like the comfort of having it too much. Out of interest I quickly threw two together with what money I have, one with a cheaped out defence.

Pope

Christensen Otamendi Jones

Hazard Salah Albrighton RLC

Aguero Kane Firmino

Bench:McArthur Long

Adrian

Jones Kenny Mariappa

Hazard Salah Coutinho RLC

Aguero Kane Firmino

Bench: McArthur Long

Someone with more team value might do better again. Definitely saving my chip though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

3 doubts...

3 dodgy lads on the bench.

Spent all my money on aguero...

Captained him.

Make or break time.

Pulse about 130 at all times

Let's hope the risk pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

3 doubts...

Captained him.

Make or break time.

Living up to your name there Chancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

3 doubts...

Captained him.

Make or break time.

I'll see that and raise you...

4 definite lads welded to the bench (Moreno, Kiko, Morata, Elliot)

Richarlison due a rest.

Charlie fupping Daniels up against United

Shane Duffy up against Kane

And the coup de grace....Peter Crouch :eek:

Already taken a hit (to get Ramsey out/Hazard in)...will be doing well to have 10 players I'd say...it's actually quite amazing how quick things have gone spectacularly t1ts up for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Cartman78 wrote:
    Richarlison due a rest.

Mmm who says??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Aye from winning all the cash leagues I was in to not having 11 players in about 2 weeks....

It all started when Morata and lukaku forgot how to score and then pogba got sent off...

And then Burnley and Watford defenders starting getting injured....

And then....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is anyone else keeping Morata? I’m finding it too hard to part with him.

At the end of the day he’s a virtually nailed on premium option in a team with an insane fixture list for the next few months and was due a rest anyway.

Could be a risk as the injury could be prolonged, but there’s no one else I want to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Paully D wrote: »

At the end of the day he’s a virtually nailed on premium option in a team with an insane fixture list for the next few months and was due a rest anyway.

Could be a risk as the injury could be prolonged, but there’s no one else I want to be honest.

Same here - just as much chance that whoever I get instead will be rested as well. Holding for now.

I'm holding onto him anyway. Although, it does mean that, if Mee doesnt play, I'll be unleashing Tom Carroll! :pac:

I'm banking my transfer this week.

thewools wrote: »
    Mmm who says??

His manager yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I am, nobody that I would replace him would inspire confidence of returns. Could be back by the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I'll keep Morata for now. It's a tough schedule and injuries are going to happen. Best to have at least 2 working subs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

What is Holgate's status at Everton? Played 90mins in last 3, is he there for the forseeable?

Advertisement