Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Who do you guys think are the best budget defenders for the upcoming Christmas period?

£4.3m Klavan? FPL says Moreno & Matip are back on the 23rd December. Realistic?

£4.3m Ogbonna? WHU & himself are on fire. Christmas fixtures are good (bar GW21 blank but the DGW22). Is he nailed. Saw he did miss some games earlier on...

£4.1m Mariappa? The cheapest way into Watford defense.

£4.4m Kenny? Everton are going better. Some decent fixtures coming that could serve a rotation plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Quick lowdown on this upcoming DGW please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Masuaku is a good option there too, particularly with the DGW coming up. I've gone for Kenny and will be getting Masuaku in soon. Kiko and Zeegalar will be back for Watford so would worry about Mariappa.

Mariappa plays center back
    They are wing back. Britos is the one to worry about . It's actually better fir Mariappa if kiko and zeegalar are back as they are more likely to persist with 352

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Quick lowdown on this upcoming DGW please.

Week 21 Spurs vs West Ham moved from New Year's Day to January 4th for traffic reasons creating DGW in week 22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Benimar wrote: »
    The top scoring striker in the league.
    The top points scoring striker in FF.
    10 points more than the next best.
    Not a single ‘must have’ striker in FF at the moment.
    Have 0.4 invested in him.
    Absolutely essential for DGW22

That’s a no from me.

He has a blank coming playing City today 10 points clear but takes a huge amount of money , till the DGW I have dropped him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

iroced wrote: »
    Who do you guys think are the best budget defenders for the upcoming Christmas period?

£4.3m Ogbonna? WHU & himself are on fire. Christmas fixtures are good (bar GW21 blank but the DGW22). Is he nailed. Saw he did miss some games earlier on...
    On the WHU defenders, Collins and Fonte are due back soon, so I'm interested to see what happens when that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    Mariappa plays center back
    They are wing back. Britos is the one to worry about . It's actually better fir Mariappa if kiko and zeegalar are back as they are more likely to persist with 352

Holebas and Janmaat are direct replacements at wingback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I drew with my opponent in the cup, yet I lost somehow?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Wilberto wrote: »
    Decent chance of a 0-0 there I'd say. I'd consider going with both depending on your players elsewhere. If not, I'd probably go with Mee with Dunk as first sub.
    Haven't looked at it properly this week yet though.

Phew! I'm glad I took my own advice as well! :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ShaneU wrote: »

He prob scored more goals

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

This is the worst season for strikers I can ever remember. Not one reliable option.

Anything to be said for a new chip allowing you to play a 3-8-0 formation? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ShaneU wrote: »

Its all in the rules so it's one of these. If you went to a coin toss that's harsh!
    If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:

1) Most goals scored in the Gameweek
    2) Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
    3) Virtual coin toss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Sold Sane to Sterling then Sterling to Silva

I guess it's time to sell Silva for Sterling and complete it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ScummyMan wrote: »
    This is the worst season for strikers I can ever remember. Not one reliable option.

It's a mess, I dumped Kane cause I had no confidence in him as spurs seem to have gone off the boil.

I want to get rid of Aguero but just have no idea who to get in, Rooney is the only striker I have that is returning points consistently. There isn't even cheap options that you'd say are on fire and worth going with.

I could dump Aguero and update the defence with premium players, but still have to replace him and no one is standing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Not one of the top 10 teams in my main ML had a striker that scored more than 2 points today. Most actually scored 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

-=al=- wrote: »
    Sold Sane to Sterling then Sterling to Silva

I guess it's time to sell Silva for Sterling and complete it :pac:

You mean Silva to Sane? :)

Peps wheel of rotation strikes again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah, it's a dangerous game. I've been saying it for weeks to just pick one and stick with it but I never listen to myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

-=al=- wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a dangerous game. I've been saying it for weeks to just pick one and stick with it but I never listen to myself!
    I picked one: Aguero, looking sharp this game and against Swansea, subbed on 57 minutes, go to the pub, penalty which he would probably have scored. Sterling who my league leader has, plays awful yet gets 2 goals.
    If I sell him, he has Bournemouth next week at home guaranteed 20 points like the last time I sold him.
    I'm struggling not to rage transfer him, but will keep him for one more week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I suppose I did go with a 5-3-2 this week! :eek: :pac:

The disappointing thing is, it was looking like four of them were going to get clean sheets, with Jones to play tomorrow, until City went and conceded.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    I picked one: Aguero, looking sharp this game and against Swansea, subbed on 57 minutes, go to the pub, penalty which he would probably have scored. Sterling who my league leader has, plays awful yet gets 2 goals.
    If I sell him, he has Bournemouth next week at home guaranteed 20 points like the last time I sold him.
    I'm struggling not to rage transfer him, but will keep him for one more week.

I was talking to another aguero owner about this today........ye will never sell him. Look at the fixtures .....every week the week following is a plum fixture with massive potential!
    If ye didn't sell him before spurs game ye won't !
    The lack of alternatives doesn't make it any easier

Sitting in an airport and trying to make sense of all the results so far.

Haven’t a Scooby Doo what’s going on.

Got me confused face on bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Feel free to quote me later in the year, bbut Aguero is dead. I love the man, had him triple captained when he got 25 V Bournemouh (I think) a few years back, wstill have goosebumps from the goal v QPR a few years back, but anyone still spending theat amount of cash on him is liiving in he past. He's always possible to score 4 in a game but come on...
    4 goals and 0 assists in the last 12 gameweeks
    22nd highest scoring striker via form

City mids are where it's at. Pick one or two of KDB/Sterling/Silva/Sane, stick with it, and leave them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

It's a crazy season when you're gonna start a Burnley defender next week with confidence, against Tottenham.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    It's a crazy season when you're gonna start a Burnley defender next week with confidence, against Tottenham.

And possibly sell kane for a hit too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

So as far as recommended / template teams it's gone from a 3-4-3 with 3 premium strikers, to a 3-5-2 with 2 premium and one cheapy, to now maybe a 4-5-1 with one premium and 2 cheapies (or even one mid-range and 2 cheapies?!).

I see the world number 1 is playing 4-5-1 at the moment.

It's been a remarkable turnaround from September where the conundrum of which 3 of Lukaku, Kane, Morata, Aguero and Jesus to choose from.

Those who have twigged this early are probably doing quite well now.

Personally I still have Morata and Kane.

Morata looked decent yesterday when he came on and could have been amongst the points. 2 very nice home fixtures after Everton away next.

Kane is Kane and surely will be amongst the points soon. He's not even had a bad season, but at 12.5 the bar is set very high.

Aguero is one that shocks me, he's actually starting almost every game and City are banging them in but his points tally remains modest. I'm very tempted to bring him in for Morata as there's a feeling that he's due one of his customary hauls soon!

How are people setting up with strikers at the moment? Is it time to abandon ship and limit your attack budget to about 20m, or is this reactive play?

I'm probably going to stick with a 3-5-2 / 4-4-2 for the next couple of GWs but as soon as Morata gets suspended / goes a couple of more games blanking I'm thinking of beefing up the midifeld and going 2 cheapies + Kane up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I see James Egersdorff, largely considered as one of, if not the best FPL player in the world these days, took a 12 point hit this weekend including Kane out. :eek:

https://twitter.com/JEgersdorff/status/942008671898427393

And his reasoning:

https://twitter.com/JEgersdorff/status/942013604521480192

He's had a stroke of luck there getting in Dunk off the bench this week, but in fairness Kolasinac would have kept a clean sheet anyway.

He does play on getting Kane back in for the double without needing a further points hit in order to do so.

Interesting.

Paully D wrote: »
    I see James Egersdorff, largely considered as one of, if not the best FPL player in the world these days, took a 12 point hit this weekend including Kane out. :eek:

https://twitter.com/JEgersdorff/status/942008671898427393

And his reasoning:

https://twitter.com/JEgersdorff/status/942013604521480192

He's had a stroke of luck there getting in Dunk off the bench this week, but in fairness Kolasinac would have kept a clean sheet anyway.

He does play on getting Kane back in for the double without needing a further points hit in order to do so.

Interesting.

I’m defo taking a 4 pt hit this week to sell Kane and rlc
    Will prob bring in Calvert Lewin /rooney and kdb/ sterling
    Following week zaha or Ricky to Pogba

May yet wildcard to get Kane back but then I can’t Tc him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Feel free to quote me later in the year, bbut Aguero is dead. I love the man, had him triple captained when he got 25 V Bournemouh (I think) a few years back, wstill have goosebumps from the goal v QPR a few years back, but anyone still spending theat amount of cash on him is liiving in he past. He's always possible to score 4 in a game but come on...
    4 goals and 0 assists in the last 12 gameweeks
    22nd highest scoring striker via form

City mids are where it's at. Pick one or two of KDB/Sterling/Silva/Sane, stick with it, and leave them at it.

Still probably the best striker in the league,hes has played alot less the Kane(471 Minutes) and Morata (175 minutes) and is doing well,I think its a case of just stick it out or move on,he will be at the top end of the Strikers.Pep might revert back to Aguero and Jesus soon,the likes of Sane Sterling have had alot of minutes,even Silva and KDB will be roated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Does anybody know is the wildcard number two active from January 1st?

Advertisement