Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Does anybody know is the wildcard number two active from January 1st?

Evening of 30th December I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Saw this on Twitter earlier, not sure of its veracity though

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/942138330011127809

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

All this talk of a cheap strike force is very interesting. With a few tweaks to my team I could have the below, which looks so tasty.

Speroni/Elliot
    Jones Christy Mee
    Salah Hazard KDB Sterling Sane
    Lukaku DCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Rooney or Rashford to replace Lacazette??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Rooney or Rashford to replace Lacazette??

Rooney more nailed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Tempting to drop Kane but he's still top of the Striker list and I'm still slightly relucatant. In saying that, I'd have an awesome team without

Pope/Speroni
    Otamendi Christensen Monreal Kenny Jones
    Sterling Hazard Salah Richarlison Silva
    Morata Firmino DCL

Pretty, pretty, pretty nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Rooney more nailed on.

Ya he's in decent enough form right now to I just look at Uniteds fixtures and with Pogba coming back there's more chance of goals.

Rashford has also been part of more or less every game in league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

-=al=- wrote: »
    Tempting to drop Kane but he's still top of the Striker list and I'm still slightly relucatant. In saying that, I'd have an awesome team without

Pope/Speroni
    Otamendi Christensen Monreal Kenny Jones
    Sterling Hazard Salah Richarlison Silva
    Morata Firmino DCL

Pretty, pretty, pretty nice.

Kane is only top of the strikers list because the others behind him have been done so bad. Big Rom is 5 points behind him and 1.6m cheaper - but hasn't been setting the world on light.

Morata has 1 goal in last 6 games but is only 11 points behind and 2.2m cheaper. Kane has nearly 300 mins more playing time as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

So you're in favour of dropping Kane? The problem is wanting him back for the double in 22.

The free hit chip could be useful in gw 22 with the intention of keeping Kane. With the close gameweeks prices won't change too much. Or use the Free hit chip in 22 to bring Kane in and other Spurs/Wham players in.

Firmino firing today isn't helping my decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Thinking De Bruyne & Austin in, Kane and RLC out for a -4. De Bruyne is captain material this gw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

There are some worrying rumours about why David Silva missed the match yday and why the city players held up his jersey after .
    Won't post them as I hope they are just rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

km79 wrote: »
    There are some worrying rumours about why David Silva missed the match yday and why the city players held up his jersey after .
    Won't post them as I hope they are just rumours

Sam Lee said the rumours weren't true so hopefully that's accurate and it's something a lot less serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Just on from this Silva issue - really want to do this change:
    Vardy, Richarlison, Daniels -> Rooney, Silva & Jones.
    Nervous about Silva though. May do Sterling & Cresswell instead, but quite fancy Jones for united's fixtures.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Is Peter Crouch a credible option as a striker?

I can go Morata > Crouch, and then Surman > De Bruyne.

Or am I just tinkering for the sake of tinkering?

Already have Salah, Hazard, and Sterling there, along with Kane up front. I also played with 5 at the back this week of Monreal, Jones, Otamendi, Mee, and Dunk, so chances are Ill be playing with at least four defenders each week.

Current Team is :

DDG (Smelliot*)

Monreal, Jones, Otamendi, Mee, and Dunk

Salah, Hazard, Sterling, (Surman, Carroll)

Kane, Morata (Niasse (probably needs to go too!))

*Taken from Scrubs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Paully D wrote: »
    I see James Egersdorff, largely considered as one of, if not the best FPL player in the world these days, took a 12 point hit this weekend including Kane out. :eek:

https://twitter.com/JEgersdorff/status/942008671898427393

And his reasoning:

https://twitter.com/JEgersdorff/status/942013604521480192

He's had a stroke of luck there getting in Dunk off the bench this week, but in fairness Kolasinac would have kept a clean sheet anyway.

He does play on getting Kane back in for the double without needing a further points hit in order to do so.

Interesting.

Not a bad start for him, 79 (12) with Bony and DCL to play, he is having a great year, wouldn’t be surprised to see him win it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

This is a daft question but I havent used a wildcard yet....1 has to be used this year or its wasted?

so i may aswell use it? what strategies are people using with theirs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    This is a daft question but I havent used a wildcard yet....1 has to be used this year or its wasted?

so i may aswell use it? what strategies are people using with theirs?

Surprisingly this is covered in the help section.
    The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season, once in the first half of the season (before 30 Dec 14:00) and once in the second half of the season.

I would probably use it going into gw20. Bring in maybe one or two Spurs player for Southampton home (so long as we see something from them in 19) and make sure you're set up for 20 & 21 so you can then bench them comfortably. Then roll the transfer over for 21 so then you can bring in two more dgw players and have 3 or 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,887 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

AdpRo wrote: »
    Not a bad start for him, 79 (12) with Bony and DCL to play, he is having a great year, wouldn’t be surprised to see him win it out.

Fair play to him and all.
    But the last line '10 plus years fpl experience' kind of annoys me a bit. :(
    Is it getting full of himself?
    'Celebrity' going to his head?:rolleyes:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

That -12 has payed off this week already. He has a fantastic team now and looks very well set to push on if Kane stays quiet

Speaking of which, does McGettigan use Boards anymore? Having another good season. I know he's in some Boards leagues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nah, James is a good guy. Always very helpful. I don’t think he in any way meant it the way it may have came across.

He's on the Scoutcast right now discussing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_e4PqX6c8

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stephenl15 wrote: »
    That -12 has payed off this week already. He has a fantastic team now and looks very well set to push on if Kane stays quiet

The lads he sold when you factor in he would have started speroni got 10 more pts then the lads he got and that's before you factor in the -12. The time to judge it is just before the dgw but its been a poor start for the hit. Granted he was unlucky that his major upgrade Silva didn't play.

The lads he sold when you factor in he would have started speroni got 10 more pts then the lads he got and that's before you factor in the -12. The time to judge it is just before the dgw but its been a poor start for the hit. Granted he was unlucky that his major upgrade Silva didn't play.

Didn't notice that my bad :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Jay took us on a nice tour of his house,did he get paid for that?

Jay took us on a nice tour of his house,did he get paid for that?

It was hilarious. Jonty was nearly in tears laughing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

stephenl15 wrote: »
    It was hilarious. Jonty was nearly in tears laughing :P
    Yea he was breaking very fast and tried to keep a straight face,he might be a little bit tipsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,887 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Paully D wrote: »
    Nah, James is a good guy. Always very helpful. I don’t think he in any way meant it the way it may have came across.

Yeah I heard him on the scoutcast tonight. Just caught the end bit of it.
    In fairness to the guy he is not afraid to call things as they are.
    James pulled up Andy on his dithering.

Andy:
    'It is the right decision to get rid of Kane but I am not that type of manager'

Then Andy went on and said he was afraid to switch Kane or Morata because he was afraid one of them would get a yellow card!

James:
    'But listening to you...on about captain choices earlier you said you let other things sway your decision.

And now your saying this is going to sway your decision.

Just if you think it is right go for it!.

Even if it sounds mad to everyone else if you think its right just do it!"

So he has gone up in my estimation after that, none of the rest have the balls to say it straight like that. :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Paul Clement sacked... can you say Pulisball in January?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Finally losing Niasse this week.

He wasn't in the squad last game because Big Sam says he had too many options and Niasse just missed out on being on the bench.

Apparently there was a closed doors 11 v 11 yesterday of players who haven't started games for Everton. It was their chance to impress including Niasse.

If Sam's not impressed Brighton are apparently a team interested in his services from January.

Advertisement