Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

dsmythy wrote: »
    Finally losing Niasse this week.

He wasn't in the squad last game because Big Sam says he had too many options and Niasse just missed out on being on the bench.

Apparently there was a closed doors 11 v 11 yesterday of players who haven't started games for Everton. It was their chance to impress including Niasse.

If Sam's not impressed Brighton are apparently a team interested in his services from January.

I've been looking to get rid of Niasse for a few weeks now but have no idea who to bring in?

I'm also worried about not having De Bruyne. With Silva surrounded in uncertainty, it will be up to De Bruyne to pick up the mantle. He could soon become a must have (if not already).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Wilberto wrote: »
    I've been looking to get rid of Niasse for a few weeks now but have no idea who to bring in?

I'm also worried about not having De Bruyne. With Silva surrounded in uncertainty, it will be up to De Bruyne to pick up the mantle. He could soon become a must have (if not already).

My plan for Niasse is to go as cheap and reliable as possible, so likely Quaner for a permabench.

I'd rather the likes of Monreal as an option in defence than any poor striker like Murray atvthe same price in attack.

Kachunga got injured recently so Quaner should be pretty nailed on now.

Otherwise Crouch is an option. Stoke have good fixtures. But he's a serious risk in terms of gametime and Stoke are fairly ****e at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

despite the massive fpl troll that Morata has been, it seems dumb to sell him now. He misses Everton who he may well have blanked against anyway, and then has two tasty fixtures after which he should now start. GW20 he is now serious captain consideration for me, at home against lower half opposition and he should be fresh as a daisy after his layoff and now suspension. Minor headache personally this gw of who to start now in Morata's absence - Kenny, Quaner, or Mariappa. On Kenny at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I didn't spot salah in the Liverpool training photos from tonight. Klopp did say there were a couple of issues with some players from the previous game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I didn't spot salah in the Liverpool training photos from tonight. Klopp did say there were a couple of issues with some players from the previous game.

I hope he is out
    ****e owning a player you don't want to score
    League leader is in desperate straits as it is with injuries
    But he did outscore me by 15 points with a squad of 9 last week

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm getting more and more defensive. From a 5-3-2 last week, to a 5-4-1 this week! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

https://twitter.com/AnfieldExpress/status/943565782151286784

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm getting more and more defensive. From a 5-3-2 last week, to a 5-4-1 this week! :pac:

Same with me :P

Strikers have been a pain in the a** this season. No consistency whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

think I need to do only my second-4 to swap Silva over to Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Silva was back in training apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    dsmythy wrote: »
    Silva was back in training apparently.

I'd hold fire until tomorrow at least for the pressers. Silva looks like he'll be back right away, just a question whether he'll start at the weekend or be benched.

I'd wait on doing that -4 til tomorrow. FYI, Sterling is to go up in price tonight if that impacts your decision

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I had a look at points per minute on the pitch for midfielders so divided total points by total minutes played.
    Salah .100
    Coutinho .094
    Sterling .092
    Sane .085
    hazard .083
    Pogba .082
    KDB .073
    Richarlison .055
    Now in isolation this isnt to be relied on but its a better indicator than total points. The likes of pogba/coutinho have missed a good few games and the likes of kdb plays every game. Sterling has for example has had 2 games when he didnt play any minutes. What its telling me is that when I consider prices my best move would be hazard and richarlison to sterling and pogba. My ideal midfield 5 would be coutinho, salah, pogba, sterling, sane.

I want that midfield 5 myself and can easily have them with a -4 next GW but I’m finding it very hard to sell Richarlison.

He is actually very very profligate in every match I’ve watched him yet he is still scoring quite consistently for his price. A couple of huge scores could happen with that guy at any time.

Im currently running with Coutinho, Salah, Pogba, Richarlison and Hazard.

DDG, Jones, Alonso and Kane are my other chosen premium players.

So I could shift Richarlison and Hazard for two of Dilva, Sterling or Sane with my preference being for the latter two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I had a look at points per minute on the pitch for midfielders so divided total points by total minutes played.
    Salah .100
    Coutinho .094
    Sterling .092
    Sane .085
    hazard .083
    Pogba .082
    KDB .073
    Richarlison .055
    . My ideal midfield 5 would be coutinho, salah, pogba, sterling, sane.

I’ve Salah Pogba Hazard De Bruyne and RLC midfield.. I’d be slow to ha e double pool and double city but that’s just me. As you say the stats can lie a bit but I prefer having more basis covered with more clubs. Currently anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I want that midfield 5 myself and can easily have them with a -4 next GW but I’m finding it very hard to sell Richarlison.

When/If you take that -4 what will your squad be?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    When/If you take that -4 what will your squad be?

DDG, Elliott

Alonso, Jones, Zeegelaar, Martina, Mariappa

Sane, Sterling, Pogba, Coutinho, Salah

Kane, Austin, Niasse

I’ve kept Zeegelaar through his suspension because he is first choice and a great attacking defender.

Martina, whilst useless, will play until Baines is back.

And Mariappa is seeing plenty of game time because Watford have real difficulty keeping any of their first choice centre backs fit.

The only deadweight is Niasse.

I’d also have about 0.2-0.3 to upgrade elsewhere if I need to.

Huge mistake last night not doing Niasse to Depoitre as one dropped and one went up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You know things are going too far when you wake up in a sweat after having a dream/nightmare thinking Hazard scored against Everton but it was really Alonso.

Jesus Christ. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

For those with a keeper combo of Pope/Elliot who are you playing this week?

COH wrote: »
    For those with a keeper combo of Pope/Elliot who are you playing this week?

I have neither but for what it's worth, I'd probably play Pope.

I don't think either will keep a CS but Pope will probably get more save points, as he has done throughout the season. Tarkowski could be a big loss and it'd be typical for Kane to get back to his best.

If Spurs are playing like they have been recently though, Pope could get a better score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Paully D wrote: »
    You know things are going too far when you wake up in a sweat after having a dream/nightmare thinking Hazard scored against Everton but it was really Alonso.

Jesus Christ. :pac:
    I had a dream last night that Chelsea won 6-1 and Hazard scored a double. But it was against Sunderland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Start Crouch or RLC?

Start Crouch or RLC?

I was literally about to post the same thing.

Edging on RLC at the moment, Swansea managerless and Palace in decent form but interested to hear other thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I was literally about to post the same thing.

Edging on RLC at the moment, Swansea managerless and Palace in decent form but interested to hear other thoughts

Would also start RLC if you don’t have zaha
    He looked good the last game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

start TPT or DCL? Fix saying TPT but I was thinking DCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

start TPT or DCL?

IDK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

DCL for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan