Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

What captain is James Egersdorff going with I wonder this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

So I have Kane and Kun and a dodgy defence that includes Daniels, Marriappa and Klavan.
    Original plan was
    GW20 Daniels/Kun to Christiansen/Morata
    GW21 Kane to Kun
    GW22 Kun to Kane.
    Or alternatively could do Daniels to cheap defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What captain is James Egersdorff going with I wonder this week?

Not Kane anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Not Kane anyway.

Yea haha ,in the same boat think I'll switch to Salah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

jimmii wrote: »
    I would guess 6.5 can't see him being of interest fpl wise not like he was setting goal records against Scottish defences.

Well he has been actually! Scored 32 goals in 49 games last season, has been injured most of this.

The story is complete fantasy anyway, pardon the pun, Celtic turned down £30m for him in the summer, why on earth would they let him go for nealry halve of that, he will obviously leave but it wont be to Brighton and certainly not for £18m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

kilburn wrote:
    Going to hold off on dumping Austin his drop tonight wont impact my sale value, but it leaves me with below starting decision.

kilburn wrote:
    Kenny away to West Brom or Crouch away to Huddersfield. Leaning towards Kenny at the minute.

kilburn wrote:
    Although Wilson and Depoitre are winking at me one has fixture other has form

Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

kilburn wrote: »
    Any thoughts ?

I moved him out for Depoitre even though I was happy with my XI as it was. Wanted to protect against rotation as I also had Tarkowski who was definitely missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

danganabu wrote: »
    Well he has been actually! Scored 32 goals in 49 games last season, has been injured most of this.

The story is complete fantasy anyway, pardon the pun, Celtic turned down £30m for him in the summer, why on earth would they let him go for nealry halve of that, he will obviously leave but it wont be to Brighton and certainly not for £18m

32 in 49 really isn't that impressive up there at all given just how dominant Celtic have been. He's obviously only young and could well only show his true potential if he gets another shot in the big leagues but I wouldn't expect him to have a better strike rate than Murray at the end of next season.

I mean one thing we've seen this year is players never come back to the Premier League and prove they are better than we thought :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ah nice one lads, thanks for the replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

kilburn wrote: »
    Any thoughts ?

Kenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Getting Kabasele and Ogbonna in a few weeks ago has been some disaster. I'm also missing out on a lot of Liverpool clean sheet points through Gomez, who doesn't always play.

What defenders at the £4.5m price range (or under) do you lads have in your squad? It'd be interesting to get a wider picture of who people are going for in that bracket.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Paully D wrote: »
    Getting Kabasele and Ogbonna in a few weeks ago has been some disaster. I'm also missing out on a lot of Liverpool clean sheet points through Gomez, who doesn't always play.

What defenders at the £4.5m price range (or under) do you lads have in your squad? It'd be interesting to get a wider picture of who people are going for in that bracket.

I've had Dunk in from the start and have been quite happy with him. I'm sure Ben Mee is still around that price two? Haven't looked at their upcoming fixtures though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Dunk has decent fixtures coming up with Brighton and has come close to scoring a few times already this season.

Newcastle could be an under the radar option in that budget bracket. I know they've been awful of late, but they finally won a game last week and now play BHA, stk, SWA, mci, BUR, cry in their next 6. Three very nice home games and two away games that you wouldn't really have any fear of.

I know Ogbonna has been a disaster the last few weeks, but they do have WBA/tot (DGW), hud, BOU, CRY, bha, WAT in the next 6 so he is probably worth persisting with.

Brighton look very nice also. new, BOU, wba, CHE, sot, WHU, stk, SWA in their next 8 for example.

Your 4 defensive options being 1 premium alongside Newcastle, West Ham and Brighton budget selections could be profitable over the next 6 gameweeks or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Newcastle could be an under the radar option in that budget bracket. I know they've been awful of late, but they finally won a game last week and now play BHA, stk, SWA, mci, BUR, cry in their next 6. Three very nice home games and two away games that you wouldn't really have any fear of.

I know Ogbonna has been a disaster the last few weeks, but they do have WBA/tot (DGW), hud, BOU, CRY, bha, WAT in the next 6 so he is probably worth persisting with.

Brighton look very nice also. new, BOU, wba, CHE, sot, WHU, stk, SWA in their next 8 for example.

Your 4 defensive options being 1 premium alongside Newcastle, West Ham and Brighton budget selections could be profitable over the next 6 gameweeks or so.

Everton
    Big Sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Probably been answered already but why are Spurs not playing in the next GW?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Probably been answered already but why are Spurs not playing in the next GW?

Transport issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greysheep

No D. Silva tonight. He is back in Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I know he is a little higher at 4.6 but have you considered Robertson - Moreno looks like he is another few games off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have Kane at 12.7, do we think he'll drop back down to that price over the next few days with the blank? Anyone keeping him for the blank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have Kane at 12.7, do we think he'll drop back down to that price over the next few days with the blank? Anyone keeping him for the blank?

He is more likely to increase in value! No chance he loses 0.2 in value in 3 nights.

I’m keeping him, for reasons I outlined in the transfer thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

He has over twice as many transfers in than out so far this week - extremely unlikely he will drop.

I'm benching him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

He's currently heading for a rise! I'm keeping him, though I got him at 12.4.

Exclusive: Liverpool agree world-record £75m fee for Virgil van Dijk @JWTelegraph https://t.co/5jqZFXDApS

@_pauljoyce: Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool to be announced tonight. Undergone medical today. Joins on January 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

City at home will probably be the first league game he'll play in so will be end of January before he's worth buying I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

City at home will probably be the first league game he'll play in so will be end of January before he's worth buying I'd say.

I'm more concerned that Klavan will lose his place.

Just watched Chelsea v Brighton. How on earth did Hazard blank? :eek:

After watching him relatively closely in recent weeks, you'd have to figure there's a Hazard explosion coming soon. He reminds me a little of Kane a bit in the sense that he's just not getting the points his play deserves, but eventually those type of players generally always get their just rewards.

Watch this space I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Aguero is starting to look pretty nailed on. Jesus not getting a look in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just watched Chelsea v Brighton. How on earth did Hazard blank? :eek:

After watching him relatively closely in recent weeks, you'd have to figure there's a Hazard explosion coming soon. He reminds me a little of Kane a bit in the sense that he's just not getting the points his play deserves, but eventually those type of players generally always get their just rewards.

Watch this space I guess.

One more week here for me! I saw the highlights too and it was crazy he got nothing. No one else has him in my mini league and it’s quite infuriating, so let’s hope he does well against a weak Stoke defense

Advertisement