Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

-=al=- wrote: »
    One more week here for me! I saw the highlights too and it was crazy he got nothing. No one else has him in my mini league and it’s quite infuriating, so let’s hope he does well against a weak Stoke defense

I’m keeping him for Chelsea’s full run of good fixtures, over time you will be rewarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

-=al=- wrote: »
    One more week here for me! I saw the highlights too and it was crazy he got nothing. No one else has him in my mini league and it’s quite infuriating, so let’s hope he does well against a weak Stoke defense

I think I'll captain him if Shawcross is confirmed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

One is going in the next days and one is going at the weekend. So who do you keep for one game week only?
    Lukaku (SOU)
    or
    Aguero (cry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

One is going in the next days and one is going at the weekend. So who do you keep for one game week only?
    Lukaku (SOU)
    or
    Aguero (cry)

Kun

United in terrible form currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Will have to do something about not having a City defender.

Hopefully they’ll concede over the next week or two until I find a suitable time to bring in Stones when he’s back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Have Kane at 12.7, do we think he'll drop back down to that price over the next few days with the blank? Anyone keeping him for the blank?

If I get rid and plan to get him back for the double, that's my two transfers tied up - no free wriggle room for unexpected injuries/suspensions or gettin anyone else for the double. I'm keeping him and never considered otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

After the last bit of advice I asked regarding whether or not to ditch Kane a couple of weeks ago, and ye had the temerity to tell me to keep him, I was thinking as I have one ft will I get Morata in for one week for Kane, then bring him back the following week. It will cost me .2m and -4 but would only have Kun and Quaner up front if I didn't.
    Looking forward to your fine words of wisdom.
    Kind regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

patmac wrote: »
    After the last bit of advice I asked regarding whether or not to ditch Kane a couple of weeks ago, and ye had the temerity to tell me to keep him, I was thinking as I have one ft will I get Morata in for one week for Kane, then bring him back the following week. It will cost me .2m and -4 but would only have Kun and Quaner up front if I didn't.
    Kind regards.

I wouldn't. It'd cost you -4 and a ft which you could use elsewhere.
    You'd need morata to score once to break even on points (a max gain of 3 if he got 3bps too).

You'd lose .2 and a ft in the process.

You'd really need morata to get 2 or 3 to make it worthwhile and of course this is possible but not worth the risk in my opinion unless you have absolutely nothing else to use ft on. But personally I'd hold ft and get in an extra spurs player (eriksen/alli/son) next week or even Arnie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

patmac wrote:
    temerity.

Temerity, well laa-de-da.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

patmac wrote: »
    Kind regards.

Not worth it imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Temerity, well laa-de-da.

Yeah I recently got Stephen Fry reading the complete works of Sherlock Holmes on Audible, so expect more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Getting hazard and femenia for Alonso and sterling 4 gws ago for a -4 has ruined my season. Hazard 15 pts femenia became jaanmat for another -4 so I've basically got 0 from them. Alonso has 40 pts and sterling 45 pts in those 4 gws. There is a fair chance I would have captained sterling over sane 2 gws ago aswell which is another 10 pts. That move alone has cost me the guts of 80- 90 pts in 4 gws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Is this last GW to use wildcard?

honeybear wrote: »
    Is this last GW to use wildcard?

Yes

@ed_aarons: Everton agree £25m deal with Besiktas for Turkey striker Cenk Tosun #efc https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/28/everton-cenk-tosun-besiktas-turkey-striker

Was worried DCL might be rested at weekend but probably no need now as he won't be playing much after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Carlos Carvalhal confirmed as the new Swansea manager. He just got sacked by Sheffield Wednesday so this is a very strange appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

This probably a stupid question but anyway :o . I set up a new league to start next gameweek but i cannot see the code anywhere which obv i need to send to players. Anyone help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Carlos Carvalhal confirmed as the new Swansea manager. He just got sacked by Sheffield Wednesday so this is a very strange appointment.

Strange move possibly due to being a free agent and no compensation to be paid while planning a promotion push next year either way they are relegated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Elliott v Brighton or Pope v Hud?

Haven't been able to watch any games in a long time so I don't know if Burnleys defence still looks solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Haven't been able to watch any games in a long time so I don't know if Burnleys defence still looks solid.

Pope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

This probably a stupid question but anyway :o . I set up a new league to start next gameweek but i cannot see the code anywhere which obv i need to send to players. Anyone help?

From memory the code comes up as soon as you set up the league.Maybe best to set up a new(er) league with a slightly different name and copy the code as soon as it pops up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Maybe best to consult Father H on the matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Leagues/options /invite friends

PVA on bench again for palace
    Big Sam has a bizarre liking for him
    I'd love if he signed him in January !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

km79 wrote: »
    PVA on bench again for palace
    Big Sam has a bizarre liking for him
    I'd love if he signed him in January !

Bizarre?

It's totally rational :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

wonski wrote: »
    Leagues/options /invite friends

Nope, doesnt show up in that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Nope, doesnt show up in that

Yes it does, I just created a league to see, code is there as per wonskis' post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have kind of resigned myself to fact I won’t be fielding 11 this week,Benching Kane and hoping that either Surman or Mariappa get on the field.

Surman inj and Mariappa out of favour again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have kind of resigned myself to fact I won’t be fielding 11 this week,Benching Kane and hoping that either Surman or Mariappa get on the field.

Surman inj and Mariappa out of favour again.

Advertisement