Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What was it?

Nike saying he’ll light up the Nou Camp and encouraging people to get his name on Barca jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote: »
    Walcott being linked with return to Southampton

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D

Would love him back as the club needs a proven Premier League goalscorer but just cannot see it happening, Southampton would be hard pressed to pay his wages so loan deal if anything, I read £30 million plus was rumoured fee. That'd be nearly double the club's record transfer.

But sounds like very much like another nothing January rumour with the press trying to figure out ways to spend the VVD profits.

Southampton are not a club to spend big and take that kind of financial risk but hope I'm wrong and the new owners aren't shy at flashing the cash. Wouldn't hurt if there was a sell on clause in Theo's original transfer to Arsenal in 2006 but I'd say if there was, it was cashed out at the same time as Bale's was to save the club from extinction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Last season

Last season was a bit different with Mou situation. As far as I can see he is trying and in good form - his last 10 gameweek he’s on around 7 ppg.

It’s funny I’m defending him as I’ve usually stayed away from him but now I have him I’m gonna ride out the next 5 gameweeks because I think he will deliver points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cheers. Got a lovely pair of trainers for €60 and a couple of teeshirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

shineon23 wrote: »
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D

Would love him back as the club needs a proven Premier League goalscorer but just cannot see it happening, Southampton would be hard pressed to pay his wages so loan deal if anything, I read £30 million plus was rumoured fee. That'd be nearly double the club's record transfer.

But sounds like very much like another nothing January rumour with the press trying to figure out ways to spend the VVD profits.

Southampton are not a club to spend big and take that kind of financial risk but hope I'm wrong and the new owners aren't shy at flashing the cash. Wouldn't hurt if there was a sell on clause in Theo's original transfer to Arsenal in 2006 but I'd say if there was, it was cashed out at the same time as Bale's was to save the club from extinction.

A lot of talk about Sturridge to Southampton.

• Advertisement

Learning a harsh lesson about waiting for a player to get his rest.

I’ve been waiting for Sterling to get his rest for about 5-6 gameweeks now.

Same last year waiting for Costa to get that yellow.

Sterling has been killing me and I hope he gets his rest today so I can bring him straight in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What do we think will happen with City now? Obviously they'll still run away with the league, but from an FPL point of view?

The De Bruyne injury looked serious, as did Jesus', and although they didn't win today, the winning streak being snapped could end up seeing the air of invincibility fading a bit. You see it all the time in sports where a team goes on a great run and then when it ends, they limp for a bit.

I guess we'll find out in just 2 days anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Paully D wrote: »
    What do we think will happen with City now? Obviously they'll still run away with the league, but from an FPL point of view?

The De Bruyne injury looked serious, as did Jesus', and although they didn't win today, the winning streak being snapped could end up seeing the air of invincibility fading a bit. You see it all the time in sports where a team goes on a great run and then when it ends, they limp for a bit.

They drew earlier in the season and had little effect, they aren't quite the goal machine as earlier in the season though. There was a time where double City attacking coverage seemed essential but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Surely Sterling will start their next game against Watford right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

****in typical . Palace keep a clean sheet against city and Peroni wasn't even ****in playing. ****in joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I see Ashley Young has been charged for elbowing Tadic. Should miss the next three games, Luke Shaw has become very interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

KdB injury might be A bit of incentive for Silva to get back in sooner rather than later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    ****in typical . Palace keep a clean sheet against city and Peroni wasn't even ****in playing. ****in joke

that's probably why they kept a CS;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Anyone know if Quaner came off injured or not yesterday. Is he likely to start tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Paully D wrote: »

Yeah it could be like the situation where Arsenal went to Birmingham, Eduardo's leg was snapped, Gallas lost his mind, and they faded badly.

If KDB and Jesus are injured seriously it could expedite their transfer plans. Makes the Sanchez move a bit more likely IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Anyone know if Quaner came off injured or not yesterday. Is he likely to start tomorrow?

Looking at the commentary on live score it just says it was a tactical substitution. That, and there's no flag next to his name on the site so I'd say he's clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

The run before probably looked similar ?

Replacing him with Alonso to keep Chelsea attacking coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

With no KDB I'm guessing the Gundog and Yaya will appear much more. Can be good in patches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Pep : “He (KDB) may not be ready for Watford in a few days.”

Source

Sound to me like he'll miss one gameweek and that's it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Wilberto wrote: »
    Pep : “He (KDB) may not be ready for Watford in a few days.”

Source

Sound to me like he'll miss one gameweek and that's it. :)

That's good enough for me to get rid for one of the Spurs trio as a GW punt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

any kane news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

froog wrote: »
    any kane news?

None that I can find.

And given the night that's in it and that Spurs don't play till Tuesday, I don't think there will be any new info before the new game week tomorrow morning.

Just my opinion, hope I'm wrong.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Still captaining him though regardless! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Have a Delia Smyth style 'WHERE ARE YOU HARRY?? WHHHHEEERRRREEE ARRRRRREEEE YOOOOOOOU?' playing on a loop all day.

Think I'm gonna risk the TC even if we hear nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Happy early wildcard season lads.

I'm currently parked in my car in a housing estate around the corner while I type this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Happy early wildcard season lads.

I'm currently parked in my car in a housing estate around the corner while I type this.

What
    Is
    Wrong
    With
    Us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    What Is Wrong With Us

Only joking. I'm in the pub.

(but I didn't slip off to the toilet for a phantom sh+t so that I could write that last message).

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Does Kane have the flu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Big Borg wrote: »
    Does Kane have the flu?

Does Nick Pope shît in the woods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

manual_man wrote: »
    Big Borg wrote: »
    Does Kane have the flu?

Does Nick Pope shît in the woods?