Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    https://anewpla.net/fpl/report-test/ownedtable.php?id=155

Which players like you, which players don't?

Replace the 155 with your own id.

I need to stay away from Kevin DeBruyne, whatever I did to offend him... :(

Handy but a pity that they don't adjust for games they don't play through injury etc... really affects the your non-ppg stat if a player is out for any lenght of time.

I wonder will City make a serious move for Sanchez and especially because of the injury to Jesus.

Will also be interesting if Conte buys competition or a replacement for Alonso. He did try in the summer if we are to believe transfer gossip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

I wonder will City make a serious move for Sanchez and especially because of the injury to Jesus.

Will also be interesting if Conte buys competition or a replacement for Alonso. He did try in the summer if we are to believe transfer gossip.

I would imagine so. Sanchez will slot in seamlessly & the 25m or so it’ll cost to buy him now, they’ll save that on wages next 18 months if/when he would sign for free in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Have had three constants in my team since Gameweek 1.

De Gea, Rob Elliot (bench) and Alonso - Delighted I stuck with the latter as I could've easily gotten rid of him once or twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mildly interesting stats here from F365 about each teams most substituted player.

Surprised that Hazard isn't top of the list for Chelsea tbh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

FHFC wrote: »
    https://anewpla.net/fpl/report-test/ownedtable.php?id=155

Which players like you, which players don't?

Replace the 155 with your own id.

I need to stay away from Kevin DeBruyne, whatever I did to offend him... :(

Richarlison is killing me (3pts when I have him v 6 when I don't)

On the plus side, replacing Lukaku (7.4 v 3.9) with Kane (7.1 v 3.4) as early as GW6 was the correct call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

For those with Coutinho, it really looks like he's on his way out now: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/coutinho-closes-in-on-sealing-record-barcelona-transfer-from/l81wv45i1nqn1hbjvbhisi677

That's a very reliable source, she is very close to the club, and was adamant all summer he wouldn't be sold (which she was of course right about).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Now that the hectic festive period is over and we are back to just the one game a week (mostly) for the foreseeable future, are we now at a stage where we can afford to scrimp on bench players to pump an extra 0.5-1m or so into our first 11’s, or do you think it’s still vital to have a full playing bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Morzadec wrote: »
    For those with Coutinho, it really looks like he's on his way out now: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/coutinho-closes-in-on-sealing-record-barcelona-transfer-from/l81wv45i1nqn1hbjvbhisi677

That's a very reliable source, she is very close to the club, and was adamant all summer he wouldn't be sold (which she was of course right about).
    I should really have switched Coutinho to Eriksen this past week.

He's had a good sendoff, got him in instead of Sane pretty much purely as Sane was dropping like a stone at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Say if Coutinho goes to Barca next week & is removed from the game. When I go to transfer him out is that counted as a free transfer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Say if Coutinho goes to Barca next week & is removed from the game. When I go to transfer him out is that counted as a free transfer?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

CSWS101 wrote: »

Its a transfer the same as any other. He'll still appear on your team just red flagged. So it counts the same as transferring a long term injured player. Any other transfer costs 4pts as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

F1ngers wrote: »

"My player has left the Premier League. What do I do now?

You can leave the player in your squad, where he will continue to earn 0 points. To remove him permanently, you must use a transfer."

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Its a transfer the same as any other. He'll still appear on your team just red flagged. So it counts the same as transferring a long term injured player. Any other transfer costs 4pts as normal.

Cheers lads. Such a shame, very good returns from him recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Paully D wrote: »
    Now that the hectic festive period is over and we are back to just the one game a week (mostly) for the foreseeable future, are we now at a stage where we can afford to scrimp on bench players to pump an extra 0.5-1m or so into our first 11’s, or do you think it’s still vital to have a full playing bench?

In theory yes, but I'd also be inclined to wait until the transfer window is over. All it takes is something stupid to happen (Ake being recalled to Chelsea last year for example) for you to be stuck.

Personally I think it's always good practice ideally to have 15 playing players if possible to cover injuries, suspensions and rotation.

My WC included Mbemba (4.0), Suttner (4.4) and King (4.4) as bench fodder. To be fair they were all playing at the time and then all suddenly got dropped, so I was a bit unlucky, but in the case of King and Mbemba at least I knew this was likely.

It really cost me a lot of points the ensuing 5 weeks taking hits to try to get 11 players out.

It will save you a headache down the line to have 15 players imo, but perhaps you can take a risk on 1 at 4.0 who might have a chance of playing now and again. Strikers like Quaner at 4.5 are good shouts too for a perma bench, I definitely agree that you don't want a lot of funds sitting on your bench.

Once the CL starts again we may see rotation amongst the top teams, so 15 playing players still important imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

theres a guy in my work league who has Origi as VC all season. Still not bottom of it

For me the ideal realistic bench at the moment looks something like this (assuming most good teams are maxing out 5 in midfield):

4.0 playing GK (or 4.5 if you rotate your GKs)
    4.5 playing DF (rotating with another one or two 4.5 DFs)
    4.1 - 4.3 playing DF (if possible, to be rotated in for good fixtures)
    4.5 - 5.0 playing Striker (someone like Quaner, or Niasse if he looks to be getting more gametime)

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

5 MFs was the template for the last while but a forward line of Kane, Aguero and Firmino looks tempting now so back to 343 maybe

It may come down to

Aguero + cheap MF

Or

KDB + cheap FW

I think Lingard at 6.2 is looking better value than the strikers in that range so I'm leaning more towards Aguero than KDB, plus better captaincy option until Jesus returns. The problem with KDB is although he's ultra consistent with points, I don't fancy him for captaincy. Not likely to go mental like Aguero can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

5 MFs was the template for the last while but a forward line of Kane, Aguero and Firmino looks tempting now so back to 343 maybe

That's exactly what I'm gonna do next until Jesus is back. I can get Aguero in 2 transfer and leaves me with :

Salah Sterling Arnie Lingaard
    Aguero Kane Firmino

I also have Alonso and Otamendi so not even losing out in defence. I'll see how it goes for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That's exactly what I'm gonna do next until Jesus is back. I can get Aguero in 2 transfer and leaves me with :

Salah Sterling Arnie Lingaard
    Aguero Kane Firmino

I also have Alonso and Otamendi so not even losing out in defence. I'll see how it goes for a few weeks.

Yeah, similar team myself now:

Adrian Elliot
    Otamendi Jones Duffy Kenny Bardsley
    Salah Sterling Lingard Richarlison Carroll
    Kane Aguero Firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yeah, similar team myself now:

Adrian Elliot
    Otamendi Jones Duffy Kenny Bardsley
    Salah Sterling Lingard Richarlison Carroll
    Kane Aguero Firmino

I think a lot of people who keep an eye on things wll end up with a similar team as this, with a few exceptions.

Hopefully the transfer window will shake things up a bit again like sigurdsson did a few years ago when he was brought in january?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I think a lot of people who keep an eye on things wll end up with a similar team as this, with a few exceptions.

Hopefully the transfer window will shake things up a bit again like sigurdsson did a few years ago when he was brought in january?

The main question marks for me are -

How long will Jesus be out and will they sign Sanchez etc ie how long is Aguero a viable option?

Will Alonso keep his place and therefore need to be squeezed in (for Otamendi probably)?

Are there other 6-7m viable MF or FW options in addition to Lingard; Richarlison off boil a bit and Austin out of the frame? This is the 10th/11th starting place each week (with the third cheap rotating defender) so need another Gross or Richarlison on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

into the top 30 in Ireland and 800 overall...feeling the pressure.....I reckon I'll hold on to Son for a while now, plan of action is to do something with Firminio, his purple patch has sailed. Maybe Vardy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Happy to not be looking at fantasy football for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Happy to not be looking at fantasy football for a week.

Same here. The Christmas schedule was exhausting, on top of having to deal with real life as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Same here. The Christmas schedule was exhausting, on top of having to deal with real life as well!

What is this real life you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    into the top 30 in Ireland and 800 overall...feeling the pressure.....I reckon I'll hold on to Son for a while now, plan of action is to do something with Firminio, his purple patch has sailed. Maybe Vardy?

Good going, just shy of top 400 in Ireland myself, would take the season finishing now!

Thinking I might need to work Son in myself, but already have Kane and feel two Spurs is overkill as they're not the same outfit they were in the 2nd half of last season when this was vital. Also next 5 fixtures don't scream points with Everton & Southampton doing decent jobs at killing games vs top 6 (apart from the demolition from spurs a few weeks ago which they should learn from). They then go to United, liverpool & Arsenal for the following 3 GW!!

Priority for me is trying to see when best to use chips. Havn't used anything so far, and some of my rivals have used free hit/TC already so really need to use this to maximise a gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Christensen/Jones/Stones looks like a nice, budget friendly (to a certain extent) backline going forward.

Very manageable to get those 3 in along with a few heavy hitters in midfield and attack.

Two £4.5m defenders such as Ogbonna (great fixtures) and a Duffy or Lascelles would easily cover Jones’ inevitable couple of weeks out and Christensen rotation the odd week if Luiz gets back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Christensen/Jones/Stones looks like a nice, budget friendly (to a certain extent) backline going forward.

Very manageable to get those 3 in along with a few heavy hitters in midfield and attack.

Two £4.5m defenders such as Ogbonna (great fixtures) and a Duffy or Lascelles would easily cover Jones’ inevitable couple of weeks out of Christensen rotation the odd week if Luiz gets back.

I must resist wildcard as my team is in ok shape and should probably see if Christy keeps his spot too
    But I have Jones . Have enough for Daniels to stones . Have azpi who I will downgrade to Christy to free up cash .
    Adrian Elliot goalies so I may look at Kelly unless palace sign a defender and then maybe dunk or keep mee who I bought at 4.6

Sure I'll just have a look now ........

Advertisement