Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

km79 wrote: »
    I must resist wildcard as my team is in ok shape and should probably see if Christy keeps his spot too
    But I have Jones . Have enough for Daniels to stones . Have azpi who I will downgrade to Christy to free up cash .
    Adrian Elliot goalies so I may look at Kelly unless palace sign a defender and then maybe dunk or keep mee who I bought at 4.6

Sure I'll just have a look now ........

Due to my team value I could get:

Pickford Elliott
    Christensen Jones Stones Ogbonna Lascelles
    Salah Sterling Richarlison Lingard Carroll
    Kane Aguero Firmino

So tempted :pac:

But I could probably get there over the course of about 3-4 weeks with a couple of -8’s if I get lucky with no injury/suspension and price changes.

I do think I’ll end up with something very similar to the above in the coming weeks. It’s so template though, isn’t it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    Christensen/Jones/Stones looks like a nice, budget friendly (to a certain extent) backline going forward.

Very manageable to get those 3 in along with a few heavy hitters in midfield and attack.

Two £4.5m defenders such as Ogbonna (great fixtures) and a Duffy or Lascelles would easily cover Jones’ inevitable couple of weeks out and Christensen rotation the odd week if Luiz gets back.

I wouldn't skimp on Alonso. Best FPL asset in the game ATM. Have owned since GW6. Held through a heap of price drops and he's now back at more than what I paid for him. I love Alonso me..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Paully D wrote: »
    Due to my team value I could get:

Pickford Elliott
    Christensen Jones Stones Ogbonna Lascelles
    Salah Sterling Richarlison Lingard Carroll
    Kane Aguero Firmino

So tempted :pac:

But I could probably get there over the course of about 3-4 weeks with a couple of -8’s if I get lucky with no injury/suspension and price changes.

I do think I’ll end up with something very similar to the above in the coming weeks. It’s so template though, isn’t it?

There's been nothing template about this season up to now and I don't think that's changed. From what you proposed I would only say that Kane, Salah, Sterling and Firmino are significantly highly owned. Everyone else is a differential of some sort in the overall scheme. Relative to Private Leagues that of course may be a much different story if certain players are much more highly owned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

manual_man wrote: »
    There's been nothing template about this season up to now and I don't think that's changed. From what you proposed I would only say that Kane, Salah, Sterling and Firmino are significantly highly owned. Everyone else is a differential of some sort in the overall scheme. Relative to Private Leagues that of course may be a much different story if certain players are much more highly owned.

Would agree with that, there are so many decent options in Midfield that it's hard for a template to form. There are probably 10 midfielders that I would find it really hard to pick from.

My current midfield (post FH)
    Salah, Sterling, Sane, Son, Richarlison

My FH
    Alli, Son, Arnie, Sterling, TPT

Other MF
    Hazard, KDB, Lingard, Mahrez, Gross

No Sanchez or Ozil in there even.
    The only template Ive probably had is Salah, at least 1 City, at least 1 Spurs, 1 Mid priced.

I think the key to this season is a bit of patience. Not my strong point. But if you just stuck with 5 good options in midfield and rode through a few blanks/rotations, you would be doing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    Would agree with that, there are so many decent options in Midfield that it's hard for a template to form. There are probably 10 midfielders that I would find it really hard to pick from.

My current midfield (post FH)
    Salah, Sterling, Sane, Son, Richarlison

My FH
    Alli, Son, Arnie, Sterling, TPT

Other MF
    Hazard, KDB, Lingard, Mahrez, Gross

No Sanchez or Ozil in there even.
    The only template Ive probably had is Salah, at least 1 City, at least 1 Spurs, 1 Mid priced.

I think the key to this season is a bit of patience. Not my strong point. But if you just stuck with 5 good options in midfield and rode through a few blanks/rotations, you would be doing alright.
    That's a great midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That's a great midfield.

Would nearly fancy myself to do a decent job alongside some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Just brought Ogbonna in for Zanka (I know it's early but not sure if price will rise & could not afford if it was to). Currently running with;

Lossl/Speroni

Smalling Stones Alonso Ogbonna Lascelles

Salah Sterling Chupo-Moting RLC Arnie

Wilson Kane Aguero

Ideally would like to get another big hitter into that midfield in place of Arnie/ECM, but happy enough at the moment when you look at Stoke/West Ham fixtures. My only worry is I'm banking on Smalling to come back into United team when he's fit, similar with RLC & then Moting starting regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ross Barkley signs for Chelsea

I wonder will Miner become an option.

If Coutinho does leave.

If Henderson continues to struggle with injury.

If Can really has signed a pre contract with Juve then as a fan I would like to see a player getting games that will still be here next year so I’d like to see Can benched until needed.

6.1m for Milner could be very attractive by end of January although I still think it’s a bit steep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I wonder will Miner become an option.

If Coutinho does leave.

If Henderson continues to struggle with injury.

If Can really has signed a pre contract with Juve then as a fan I would like to see a player getting games that will still be here next year so I’d like to see Can benched until needed.

6.1m for Milner could be very attractive by end of January although I still think it’s a bit steep.

I actually had him prior to GW1, potentially OOP at times and on penalties. Not a bad shout but for me, it would mean sacrificing Alonso or Otamendi and might be the case for others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Cenk Tosun Joins Everton.

I wonder how much he'll be on FPL?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11196542/cenk-tosun-joins-everton-from-besiktas-in-27m-deal

Time to rethink DCL on my bench.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

FYI if this United & Derby finishes in a draw (hopefully it won't), United & Stoke will take place on Sat 13th Jan at 12.30 moving the FPL deadline to 11.30 instead of 2.

Source: https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/949389700023902208

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

It could still be rescheduled to the Saturday if Stoke draw at Coventry tomorrow.

I may have to get lingard in. Words I never thought I'd say.

For who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

He's looking near essential. I'll wait a bit and hope he doesn't go nuts against Stoke - away to Burnley and Spurs after so might struggle in those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

scotchy wrote: »
    Cenk Tosun Joins Everton.

I wonder how much he'll be on FPL?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11196542/cenk-tosun-joins-everton-from-besiktas-in-27m-deal

Time to rethink DCL on my bench.

7.5m id say.

Same as Rooney was at start of season.

FHFC wrote: »
    For who?

If I get him for Arnie it frees up the money for me to go alli to salah the following gw. I can allow lingard go up .1 before I'd have to make a move.

Likewise
    Feels weird !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Brought Lingard in for Arnie already and it felt like a weird move, but he's still scoring so not bad for the price, so glad I did before the first rise.

VvD looked pretty decent for Liverpool today too. He could have had 2 goals. He should mop up some of the baps if Liverpool have a cs too, I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

🔶 62’ Booked
    ⚽️ 68’ Goal
    🔴 68’ Sent off!

😂 Diego Costa is well and truly back! https://t.co/XAr4v6tr3S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

km79 wrote: »
    🔶 62’ Booked
    ⚽️ 68’ Goal
    🔴 68’ Sent off!

😂 Diego Costa is well and truly back! https://t.co/XAr4v6tr3S

Nothing if not predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Will Klavan remain a regular in Liverpool's defence with VVD's arrival do people know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Will Klavan remain a regular in Liverpool's defence with VVD's arrival do people know?

Doubt it very much. I'd say that he's 4th choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Great question. I would like to know the answer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Matip and VvD first choice now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hughes sacked.

Put the brakes on those Lingard (c)s.....

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Hughes sacked.

Put the brakes on those Lingard (c)s.....

Too late. Already brought him in.

Doubt any manager can save that sorry lot.

Advertisement