Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Hard to see him walk into free kicks when Salah & Firmino are on the pitch. Would say even from a defensive point of view, TAA will be ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Cenk Tosun added to the game, 7.5 million. DCL to lose his place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

elefant wrote: »

you would have to imagine so, Siggy may be the real winner here, I will certainly be keeping an eye on him and how they line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

elefant wrote: »

Oumar Niasse even further down likely too :(

Could potentially be finally a genuine mid-range striking option.

£27m is still a hefty sum for a midtable team even in today's crazy market, roughly 1 in 2 scoring record, hitting his peak years.

Don't know anything about him as a player but looks like one to watch for sure.

wardides wrote: »
    Hard to see him walk into free kicks when Salah & Firmino are on the pitch. Would say even from a defensive point of view, TAA will be ahead of him.

Disagree to be honest, I do indeed see him walking into direct freekick duty.

I've never seen Salah or Firmino strike a freekick and I'm doubtful whether they have the superb technique VVD has. The fact an 18 year old kid took them when Coutinho was out should tell you a bit about their ability and confidence at taking on a direct freekick.

Also he's a very strong character, and a £75m man, already being talked about as a possible captain (would not at all surprise me to see him named as captain for 18/19 season). He's not going to be afraid to step up and pull rank and take the ball of TAA (when he even plays which is rarely) or whoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Morzadec wrote: »
    Oumar Niasse even further down likely too :(

Could potentially be finally a genuine mid-range striking option.

£27m is still a hefty sum for a midtable team even in today's crazy market, roughly 1 in 2 scoring record, hitting his peak years.

Don't know anything about him as a player but looks like one to watch for sure.

In an awful league where Vagner Love (33 y/o) was top scorer last year and Samuel fcking Eto'o (36 y/o) was joint second with Tosun.

I wouldn't go near buying this guy. It's honestly a horrible signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Arouna Kone & Adebayor scored the same amount of goals as Tosun in Turkish league this season.

Definitely a wait and see on him.

callaway92 wrote: »
    In an awful league where Vagner Love (33 y/o) was top scorer last year and Samuel fcking Eto'o (36 y/o) was joint second with Tosun.

I wouldn't go near buying this guy. It's honestly a horrible signing.

Big fan of the Turkish league you are? How in the name of god can you come to that conclusion before he even plays a game?

Seen him twice in this years Champions League and he looked very good, Besiktas toped their group and he was their standout player.

danganabu wrote: »
    Big fan of the Turkish league you are? How in the name of god can you come to that conclusion before he even plays a game?

Seen him twice in this years Champions League and he looked very good, Besiktas toped their group and he was their standout player.

How would you value Eto/Adebayor/Vagner Love if this guy is £27 million.

Bear in mind he plays up front by himself, the same as all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Everton attacking assets could be very promising. For me it's dependant on two things though. First is Coleman and Baines returning. Then it's changing their formation to the same as Chelsea's. Baines and Coleman as wingbacks, and then Siggy and Rooney as a double pivot behind the striker. It sounds almost so obvious it's laughable. Who knows. Maybe Sam has it in mind! But I really do think Coleman and Baines are an important factor. As is their attacking play looks very disjointed.

• Advertisement

How would you value Eto/Adebayor/Vagner Love if this guy is £27 million.

Bear in mind he plays up front by himself, the same as all of them.

I have no idea how good or bad he is as I have said I only really took any notice of him twice and was impressed, but to write it off before he has even kicked a ball is silly. And obviously he is at least 7 years younger that all of those so is considerably more marketable.

manual_man wrote: »
    Everton attacking assets could be very promising. For me it's dependant on two things though. First is Coleman and Baines returning. Then it's changing their formation to the same as Chelsea's. Baines and Coleman as wingbacks, and then Siggy and Rooney as a double pivot behind the striker. It sounds almost so obvious it's laughable. Who knows. Maybe Sam has it in mind! But I really do think Coleman and Baines are an important factor. As is their attacking play looks very disjointed.

Baines and Coleman back showing their old form will be massive for Everton and both will be very attractive FPL propositions.

manual_man wrote: »

Agreed to an extent, but Baines is way way past his best at this stage. I'd even be hesitant about Coleman returning to 75% of his previous form given the injury he suffered.

The team severely suffers from a lack of pace (Coleman and Baines not quick anyway) and the lack of a great target man (which Lukaku was and Giroud could've been)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Agreed to an extent, but Baines is way way past his best at this stage. I'd even be hesitant about Coleman returning to 75% of his previous form given the injury he suffered.

The team severely suffers from a lack of pace (Coleman and Baines not quick anyway) and the lack of a great target man (which Lukaku was and Giroud could've been)

Bolaise says Hi!!!

dahat wrote: »
    Bolaise says Hi!!!

That's one player (whom I'm a fan of).

One player does not make the team a pacey team. Lennon is replaced by Bolasie so you can't count him really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 vader ed

I had 1 Free Transfer before doing Free Hit last gameweek. This gameweek I still have only 1 Free Transfer.

Just a heads up if you haven't used the Free Hit maybe do a transfer before you choose it in order to get the other Free Transfer the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

vader ed wrote: »
    I had 1 Free Transfer before doing Free Hit last gameweek. This gameweek I still have only 1 Free Transfer.

Just a heads up if you haven't used the Free Hit maybe do a transfer before you choose it in order to get the other Free Transfer the following week.

Fairly sure that doesn’t work as a few found out earlier in the season

• Registered Users Posts: 14 vader ed

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Fairly sure that doesn’t work as a few found out earlier in the season

Damn. Do they block from using chip? Pretty sneaky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

vader ed wrote: »
    Damn. Do they block from using chip? Pretty sneaky

Its not that they block you from using the chip - it's just that once you use the chip your team reverts to the 15 players who finished the previous gameweek and any transfers are ignored. That's the rules of the chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Niasse rumoured to (unsurprisingly) be leaving Everton. Brighton, Palace and west Brom linked.

Worth watching if still stuck with him like I am.

• Advertisement

Will be very interesting to see if Sturridge pushes for a move away to improve his chances of going to the World Cup.

Ings could be another interesting one if he gets a move this month.

I also see Johnny Evans was left out of the FA cup game, for West Brom, having played 90 minutes in all games since GW 4 bar one where he came off after 30 minutes injured.

Could be a tasty 4.9m option at City soon.

FHFC wrote: »
    Niasse rumoured to (unsurprisingly) be leaving Everton. Brighton, Palace and west Brom linked.

Worth watching if still stuck with him like I am.

Could be good news alright, although I'm not sure if he walks into any of those starting elevens..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I also see Johnny Evans was left out of the FA cup game, for West Brom, having played 90 minutes in all games since GW 4 bar one where he came off after 30 minutes injured.

Wouldn't he be behind Otamendi, Stones and Kompany (when fit) in the pecking order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

You'd want to be more hopeful he goes to Arsenal, where he'd start every week. Arsenal are leaky at the back but at 4.9m he'd still be really good value in that case.

Arsenal bound I would have thought, god knows they need something at the back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

He looks like the kind of guy who cares more about his game time than the size of his bank account, so I'm going with Arsenal as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

You'd want to be more hopeful he goes to Arsenal, where he'd start every week. Arsenal are leaky at the back but at 4.9m he'd still be really good value in that case.

6 clean sheets at home out of 11 games. They're similar enough to Liverpool at home, their defence is poor but most of the time is rarely tested.

Agree with the last few posts -

Evans at 4.9 at Arsenal and I'll be snapping him up

Evans 4.9 at City you're talking a rotation option at best and definite 4th choice overall. Might end up getting a lot of game time towards the end of the season when the league is wrapped up however, so could end up being one to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I got jones at 5.3
    Could get stones at 5.4
    Evans at Arsenal for 4.9
    That’s a cheap premium defence !

Advertisement