Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anyone on Twitter and could be described as a Finn Harps fan who would join a team in this and help me fly the flag??

Sadly fellow Donegal man mcgettigan15 has turned his back and declared for Man United. Finnharpsboy seems not to have been around for a while. Any other takers?

Busts is an adopted Harps fan and is in.

https://twitter.com/FPLEditor/status/950766748025933826

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I went to see them play one time does that count!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

jimmii wrote: »
    I went to see them play one time does that count!

More than you believe.

I see Evans at City over Arsenal.

He’d be third choice, initially I reckon, behind Stones and Otamendi and when the league is all but won (is it not already ?) then I can see him getting plenty of league games.

They only have 2 centre backs so he would see lots of game time and I reckon he could even oust Otamendi even though you think I’m nuts for saying that.

I’m not including Kompany or Mangala as options at centre back because both their City careers are effectively over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

FHFC wrote: »
    Anyone on Twitter and could be described as a Finn Harps fan who would join a team in this and help me fly the flag??

Sadly fellow Donegal man mcgettigan15 has turned his back and declared for Man United. Finnharpsboy seems not to have been around for a while. Any other takers?

If you’d adopt a closet Sligo Rovers fan i’d be in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Two mistakes in two games now for Stones. He’s miles off the pace (understandably).

I was all set on bringing him in but I might hold off now as I wouldn’t be suprised if he started to get eased back in more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Paully D wrote: »
    Two mistakes in two games now for Stones. He’s miles off the pace (understandably).

I was all set on bringing him in but I might hold off now as I wouldn’t be suprised if he started to get eased back in more.

I watched the game last night. Unless Kompany somehow gets fit, Stones will start every game. As rusty as Stones is, Mangala was absolutely horrendous last night (again), at fault for the first goal and making a number of other basic mistakes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I will join Finn Harps but, being honest, I do take the odd point hit if that is an an issue :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Joined that league as part of the Everton team. Bring it on Finn Harps :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It could be the aftermath of the flu or the soul-destroying dirge of January at work...but having brought Lingard in this week, I'm now contemplating possibly throwing the armband on him :eek:

Anyway merit to this (?) or do I need to lie down in a darkened room and take some Vitamin C??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cartman78 wrote: »
    It could be the aftermath of the flu or the soul-destroying dirge of January at work...but having brought Lingard in this week, I'm now contemplating possibly throwing the armband on him :eek:

Anyway merit to this (?) or do I need to lie down in a darkened room and take some Vitamin C??

Take some vitamin c

Cartman78 wrote: »

I thought about it very briefly but I’d struggle to captain anyone playing against a team that have just sacked their manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Where does Bony stand on starting for Swansea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Where does Bony stand on starting for Swansea?

Usually around the centre circle.

Dearg81 wrote: »

Ha,right let try again,Will Bony be starting for Swansea now that hes back from injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ha,right let try again,Will Bony be starting for Swansea now that hes back from injury.

Yea I'd say he'll be straight back in. He's their main man and they don't have time to ease him back in.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I will join Finn Harps but, being honest, I do take the odd point hit if that is an an issue :D

What's your id?

What's your id?

Sorry FG, they put me under P for team IDs so I had to go with a different "ringer".

He's a Pat's fan, and he's 28th in the world.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dearg81 wrote: »

Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Sorry FG, they put me under P for team IDs so I had to go with a different "ringer".

He's a Pat's fan, and he's 28th in the world.... :)

Next up the Harps "B" team? B for banger ;)

• Advertisement

Have been playing a 3-5-2 for the last 5 or so weeks with great success. However I'm now looking to go back to a 3-4-3

Midfield = Arnautovic, Lingard, Sterling, Mané, Son

Forwards = Kane, Aguero , Niasse

I'm looking at doing Arnautovic to Tom Carroll (great price for bench fodder who actually plays) and then Niasse to Callum Wilson.

Would it be worth the minus 4 to do it this week or should I do one transfer this week and one next week?

If I do just the one transfer this week (Arnautovic to Carroll) I'd have to play an extra defender (prob Holgate against Spurs)

callaway92 wrote: »
    Have been playing a 3-5-2 for the last 5 or so weeks with great success. However I'm now looking to go back to a 3-4-3

Midfield = Arnautovic, Lingard, Sterling, Mané, Son

Forwards = Kane, Aguero , Niasse

I'm looking at doing Arnautovic to Tom Carroll (great price for bench fodder who actually plays) and then Niasse to Callum Wilson.

Would it be worth the minus 4 to do it this week or should I do one transfer this week and one next week?

If I do just the one transfer this week (Arnautovic to Carroll) I'd have to play an extra defender (prob Holgate against Spurs)
    Any love for Bony,he has Newcastle next and then 2 tough fixtures after but there both at home and same price as Wilson.

Any love for Bony,he has Newcastle next and then 2 tough fixtures after but there both at home and same price as Wilson.

I have a good hunch for Wilson to be honest.

I rate him highly and with Defoe & King both out I expect him to have good time on the pitch. I also think Bournemouth are under-performing (more so below expected results), so I think they are due a good run.

Wouldn't go near Bony to be honest. Carroll is the only Swansea player I'd consider since he's bench fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Everton after Walcott for £20m according to a few places today.

He could be FPL gold if he ends up there.

Remember a couple of years ago when a lot of us (maybe it was just me :pac:) thought he could legitimately be the top points scorer in the game that year.

He didn’t start the opener, I lost about £0.2m on him within a week and that was the end of that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Paully D wrote: »
    Everton after Walcott for £20m according to a few places today.

He could be FPL gold if he ends up there.

Remember a couple of years ago when a lot of us (maybe it was just me :pac:) thought he could legitimately be the top points scorer in the game that year.

He didn’t start the opener, I lost about £0.2m on him within a week and that was the end of that. :pac:

It wasn't just you I was onboard the Theo express aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just logged in to post my Theo interest also. Get in my team at 7.1 mill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Allardyce confirms bid for Theo Walcott: "It would be very nice if we could get it over the line but there is nothing imminent. It would be a permanent deal. We wait and see”. https://t.co/CndLPNOWAR

There are now a LOT of options for 7 and under

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Walcott would have a game in gw31 aswell if he went to everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Walcott would have a game in gw31 aswell if he went to everton

I’ll need to look at 31 when choosing my cheap defenders and midfielder

On Walcott
    He will be a wait and see for me I think
    He won’t get as many chances and his finishing can be poor .......I’ll prob stick with Arnie and then it’s an easy switch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Theo Theo Theo!!

Advertisement