Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    Is Tomkins the most nailed defender for 4.3 or less?

Yes tomkins is the most nailed. Kelly will more than likely lose his place when some defenders get fit or palace sign someone. Tomkin's was starting before the injuries. The lad of stoke could lose his place with new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yes tomkins is the most nailed. Kelly will more than likely lose his place when some defenders get fit or palace sign someone. Tomkin's was starting before the injuries. The lad of stoke could lose his place with new manager.

I'm actually looking at Simpson now. Currently injured but I won't need him this coming gw, or probably the one after. Am 0.2 short to do McBurnie to Wilson, so looking to do Masuaku to a 4.3 - at least I know Simpson is first choice when available. Leicester fixtures pretty good for rest of season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Paul Lambert appointed as Stoke manager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Obviously very hard to analyse Stoke with a new manager coming in, but looking into bringing in a cheap defender who is as nailed on as possible.

May not be possible, but any thoughts on the following:

- Edwards 4.0 (started the last few but is a young lad, pretty unknown)
    - Wimmer 4.2 (started the last 5 but is surely behind Zouma and Shawcross when everyone fit, if playing a flatback 4)
    - Cameron 4.3 - started the last 7 or so I think. Possibly playing a holding role in midfield? A steady contributor, possibly the most nailed on.

I'm thinking Cameron is the best option, but if anyone has any additional info would appreciate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Paul Lambert appointed as Stoke manager

Might get Shaq in this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭Invincible

BBC website have an article up about possible loan move for Andy Carroll to Chelsea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Invincible wrote: »
    BBC website have an article up about possible loan move for Andy Carroll to Chelsea...

Good news for Arnie owners you would think...

What's the story with Chicarito, started season so well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Don't think Moyes rates him very much.

• Advertisement

Hope to god that goes through
    May even bring in Lanzini too !

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Don't worry I'm not getting carried away as if I was running away with a league or lagging so far behind that I've hit total desperation, but what do we think is the maxiumum & average gap that is possible to bridge? For example, would a 100 point gap between 1st & 2nd by GW 32 pretty much kill all hope (assuming all chips were still to be used).

Just curious as it was a discussion had in work. I think it all probably depends on DGW & Chips, but if 2 players had all chips remaining, but a 100 point gap by GW34 I would say it would be tough. 25 points per week would be a fair bit to make up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

wardides wrote: »
    Don't worry I'm not getting carried away as if I was running away with a league or lagging so far behind that I've hit total desperation, but what do we think is the maxiumum & average gap that is possible to bridge? For example, would a 100 point gap between 1st & 2nd by GW 32 pretty much kill all hope (assuming all chips were still to be used).

Just curious as it was a discussion had in work. I think it all probably depends on DGW & Chips, but if 2 players had all chips remaining, but a 100 point gap by GW34 I would say it would be tough. 25 points per week would be a fair bit to make up...

No way. With all chips still to be used I'd say 175+ is possible

I made back 80 points on one opponent in 2 gameweeks without any use of chips. Just savvy transfers which is what you'd need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Lambert is such an underwhelming appointment. I assume he'll steady the ship, yeah? Is he typically Pulis-esque? I got the impression that his teams always leak goals just from being so bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

callaway92 wrote: »
    No way. With all chips still to be used I'd say 175+ is possible

I made back 80 points on one opponent in 2 gameweeks without any use of chips. Just savvy transfers which is what you'd need.

I was thinking the same, I said GW34. I just think once you get to that stage of the season most teams are quite template and getting that differential is pretty tough.

Clearly too many variables to say anyone is right, but quite a difference of opinion by a few around the table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Lambert is such an underwhelming appointment. I assume he'll steady the ship, yeah? Is he typically Pulis-esque? I got the impression that his teams always leak goals just from being so bad...

His Norwich team were tidy. He jumped ship too soon to Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

wardides wrote: »

I was 100 points behind a lad in a work league years ago (this was before any of the fancy modern day chips), with 2 game weeks remaining in the season and I overtook him! He played it safe last game week and captained a defender at home, who conceded. I captained an attacker and got 30 points approx. Made 26 points on him, on that player alone.

He was sickened. Still is. I remind him regularly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Seaba wrote: »
    I was 100 points behind a lad in a work league years ago (this was before any of the fancy modern day chips), with 2 game weeks remaining in the season and I overtook him! He played it safe last game week and captained a defender at home, who conceded. I captained an attacker and got 30 points approx. Made 26 points on him, on that player alone.

I find myself in a very similar position as last year in the exact same league - different leader this time. 87 points behind. Last year I was about 90-100 pts behind and came back and won by about 40 points :) Now, this year the leader is actually doing very well - a lot of luck but must say some good decisions too. Hoping to overtake him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Seaba wrote: »

Captaining a defender is anything but safe, seems like a crazy decision really, especially for the final game of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

siblers wrote: »
    Captaining a defender is anything but safe, seems like a crazy decision really, especially for the final game of the season

Yea, can't say I've ever captained a defender in the last 6/7 years playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

His Norwich team were tidy. He jumped ship too soon to Villa.

Well he did recognise talent and appreciate legends of the game by playing Mickey Turner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yea, can't say I've ever captained a defender in the last 6/7 years playing.

Think I captained Cashley at his peak in a dgw. Guy in one of my leagues is always at it for dgws a couple of times he's absolutely cleaned up! Wouldn't be my cup of tea though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Chelsea have apparently made a move for Sanchez too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Am I mad for thinking of selling De Bruyne and Grob for Son and Ox to allows me to upgrade my defence? Could dump Zanka and have 6.8m to upgrade him or have 11.2m to upgrade both Zanka and Ogbonna?

Courtois (Elliot)

Jones/Mee/Kenny (Ogbonna/Zanka)

Salah/De Bruyne/Sterling/Arnie/Grob

Kane/Firmino (Ayew)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fromvert wrote: »
    Am I mad for thinking of selling De Bruyne and Grob for Son and Ox to allows me to upgrade my defence? Could dump Zanka and have 6.8m to upgrade him or have 11.2m to upgrade both Zanka and Ogbonna?

Courtois (Elliot)

Jones/Mee/Kenny (Ogbonna/Zanka)

Salah/De Bruyne/Sterling/Arnie/Grob

Kane/Firmino (Ayew)

Yes you are mad, Ox had one good game. KdB has had a great season. Liverpool being Liverpool will probably lose to Swansea next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Yes you are mad, Ox had one good game. KdB has had a great season. Liverpool being Liverpool will probably lose to Swansea next week.

Ox has been good for more than a game and will the furthest forward mid and gets rotated into the front three too and with Couthinho gone he'll get more shots in both positions.

He would be fifth choice though, where I could possibly play a team of.

Courtois

Stones/Jones/5.8m defender/Mee

Salah/Sterling/Arnie/Son

Kane/Firmino

With Kenny/Ox/Ayew on my bench. Mid takes a step down to Son but defence gets a lot better. City are playing some trash over the next few weeks so not having De Bruyne could hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Is it complete madness to try and get cute with Liverpool and bring in mane as an alternative to Salah?

Is it complete madness to try and get cute with Liverpool and bring in mane as an alternative to Salah?

YES
    It very briefly crossed my mind yday
    Every team has to have salah now sadly . It’s boring but thats the way it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Salah is as essential as it gets really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Very hard to shake things up now. Most people who are still playing fpl seem to have a very similar midfield and strikers.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement