Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The 1st year I remember there being an FPL website was for the 04/05 season. Now it may have been up and running a season or 2 earlier than that, but that is the 1st time I remember registering a team. For some reason, FPL never recorded the season scores for those 1st couple of years. So, even fewer of those players listed would have been playing then I'd imagine...

I think they revamped the website in 2006 and didn't keep any of the previous season's stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Just spent the last half hour going through the league signup threads bookmarking all the regulars fpl teams :D Always want to check peoples teams when they comment on matchday threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

The FPL site was preceded by CYKI.com (can you kick it). Changed around 03 or so.

Was having an unbelievable season in 02 when Geremi was a must have and was in the top 20 overall at Christmas. I then got redundancy and never looked at it again that season. No idea where I finished.

What I'd give now to get redundancy and be top 20 overall at Christmas. 100% dedication till June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Didn't RTE 2 (Network 2 back then) have their own version too back on Sports Stream.

I distinctly remember my cousin showing me the site at his house as he had dial-up internet and we never did. Picked a team, not really knowing the rules. The scores used to come up on the screen every week.

I fancy Lambert to get off to a winning start this weekend.

I’ll be very interested in his formation and personnel on the pitch.

From memory he likes to get it wide and get the ball in the box but I doubt that’ll be his tactic now.

Berahino could become an option again if he gets him playing regularly and gets his confidence up.

They have a nice run coming up so it’ll be a case of pouncing of those initial starting 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

From memory he likes to get it wide and get the ball in the box but I doubt that’ll be his tactic now.

Berahino could become an option again if he gets him playing regularly and gets his confidence up.

They have a nice run coming up so it’ll be a case of pouncing of those initial starting 11.

Seriously considering a hit for shaq in for Mata/Richarilson
    Probably Mata tbh
    I'll have to swallow yet another price drop on a player by keeping Ricky though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm worried he won't start choupo mouting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm worried he won't start choupo mouting

I see it being Choupo-Moting up front from the get-go.

There’s a reason Berahino hasn’t been getting any game time for Hughes since he was brought in. There’s no way Lambert will just start him out of the blue.

Worst case scenario it’ll be Crouch flanked by Shaqiri and Choupo but I’m not seeing this happening. A change is needed so I see Crouch warning the bench for a bit anyway.

callaway92 wrote: »
    I see it being Choupo-Moting up front from the get-go.

There’s a reason Berahino hasn’t been getting any game time for Hughes since he was brought in. There’s no way Lambert will just start him out of the blue.

Worst case scenario it’ll be Crouch flanked by Shaqiri and Choupo but I’m not seeing this happening. A change is needed so I see Crouch warning the bench for a bit anyway.

Diouf in the mix too
    Chopu mouting subbed after 59 minutes the last day
    Shaq is the safest and on set pieces

km79 wrote: »
    Diouf in the mix too
    Chopu mouting subbed after 59 minutes the last day
    Shaq is the safest and on set pieces

Diouf poor though. Can see him down the pecking order. Shaqiri obv the safest of the bunch but you’re paying the small bit extra for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Just spent the last half hour going through the league signup threads bookmarking all the regulars fpl teams :D Always want to check peoples teams when they comment on matchday threads

I'm a regular but I'd swerve me at all costs
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

callaway92 wrote: »
    What about your Irish Independent/Irish Times fantasy football? Loved them

I used to do the one in shoot in the mid 90s! Then did one of the newspapers then the absolute game changer in finding cyki!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Wilberto wrote: »
    Nah. It was all about Echo Elevens on Echo Island back in the day!

Hah, i remember recording that and playing it through pause to get still by still to see my name. Finished 10th one year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Who would be the pool Pool penalty taker now that coutinho gone and Milner not getting gametime..

salah and firmino both missed penalties already this season..

thewools wrote: »
    Who would be the pool Pool penalty taker now that coutinho gone and Milner not getting gametime..

salah and firmino both missed penalties already this season..

Most likely still Firmino

callaway92 wrote:
    Most likely still Firmino

Be certainly be interesting when pool get next peno..

I'd say firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Hi lads,
    Is there anyway to find out my position at the moment compared to this stage last year.
    Would be interested to find out

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    Is there anyway to find out my position at the moment compared to this stage last year.

If you posted here last year you could check last years gw 23 thread.

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Think the only way is if you recorded it somewhere yourself. I always save a screenshot of my history page at the end of the season.

• Advertisement

Walcott to Everton confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

km79 wrote: »
    Walcott to Everton confirmed

Back in fpl consideration. Good signing that for the Evs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

So do we think Salah will break Lampard's fpl record-season-score of 284pts?

Fowler87 wrote:
    Back in fpl consideration. Good signing that for the Evs
    Won't get a fraction of the chances for everton unless they play him up front.. One to keep an eye on though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

manual_man wrote: »

Is that the record? Currently averegaing 7.7 ppg
    Needs 105 points in 15 games so 7 ppg exactly for the rest of the season.

Not sure he can keep this up.

Lampard had penalties that season I'd imagine

Did Suarez not top that?

Edit: "Ending the campaign with 30 goals, 25 assists and 40 bonus points, Suarez’ produced 295 points in the FPL game"

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/05/23/team-of-the-season-luis-suarez-2/

That was a ridiculous season can't see Salah matching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    Did Suarez not top that?

Edit: "Ending the campaign with 30 goals, 25 assists and 40 bonus points, Suarez’ produced 295 points in the FPL game"

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/05/23/team-of-the-season-luis-suarez-2/

That was a ridiculous season can't see Salah matching that.

And after missing the first 5 games of the season. Unreal PPG 8.9

And after missing the first 5 games of the season. Unreal PPG 8.9

If Spurs finished outside the cl places and Kane went the whole following season injury free you could see him threatening the 295 but that PPG record is on a whole other level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

If you posted here last year you could check last years gw 23 thread.

Just did,
    Had just broken the 100k this time last year, ah the nostalgia.

434,000 now!!

• Advertisement

It’s going to be interesting to see which managers prioritise which competitions.

When Pep has the league all but wrapped up will he be resting Sterling, KDB, and the likes, for the champions league. It would make sense wouldn’t it ?

Then we have 5 teams vying for 3 places.

United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal.

Wenger has played his strongest 11 in the league so far and has been playing his second 11 in Europe. If they drift further away from 4th place will this strategy change ? Mourinho did it last season when 4th was not achievable and won the Europa league.

Liverpool and Spurs look the safest teams to have players from. They are likely to be battling all the way to the line for a top 4 place. Pochettino and Klopp will still be managing those teams next season so they will want top 4. Carrying 5-6 of their players looks feasible.

Conte will be leaving in the summer (if we believe the journalists) so will he be fussed about top 4 ? He could easily rest players if they progress further in Europe and concentrate on that cup.

Jose looks like he will be staying after reports that he was interested in going to PSG. Although he will only have 12 months left on his contract when this season finishes. Jose loves a trophy so again I would think he’d prioritise Europe but only if allowed by the United hierarchy.

No idea why I’ve typed any of this.

Suppose I’m just putting out there other variables that could be at play in the final 4-6 weeks of the season which could impact what players would play both games in a DGW for example.

If City have the league won with 5-6 games to go and are still in Europe then I wouldn’t want any of their players.

If United are clear 2nd or even guaranteed 3rd, with 3-4 weeks to go, then I wouldn’t want any of their players either.

Advertisement