Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

Further to the above we could easily have the tightest relegation battle for a long time too.

So keeping a WC for the GW prior to the first DGW could be the play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s going to be interesting to see which managers prioritise which competitions.

When Pep has the league all but wrapped up will he be resting Sterling, KDB, and the likes, for the champions league. It would make sense wouldn’t it ?

Then we have 5 teams vying for 3 places.

United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal.

Wenger has played his strongest 11 in the league so far and has been playing his second 11 in Europe. If they drift further away from 4th place will this strategy change ? Mourinho did it last season when 4th was not achievable and won the Europa league.

Liverpool and Spurs look the safest teams to have players from. They are likely to be battling all the way to the line for a top 4 place. Pochettino and Klopp will still be managing those teams next season so they will want top 4. Carrying 5-6 of their players looks feasible.

Conte will be leaving in the summer (if we believe the journalists) so will he be fussed about top 4 ? He could easily rest players if they progress further in Europe and concentrate on that cup.

Jose looks like he will be staying after reports that he was interested in going to PSG. Although he will only have 12 months left on his contract when this season finishes. Jose loves a trophy so again I would think he’d prioritise Europe but only if allowed by the United hierarchy.

No idea why I’ve typed any of this.

Suppose I’m just putting out there other variables that could be at play in the final 4-6 weeks of the season which could impact what players would play both games in a DGW for example.

If City have the league won with 5-6 games to go and are still in Europe then I wouldn’t want any of their players.

If United are clear 2nd or even guaranteed 3rd, with 3-4 weeks to go, then I wouldn’t want any of their players either.

Was actually thinking about this at weekend and it was this that made me hold my WC for a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

jimmii wrote: »
    If Spurs finished outside the cl places and Kane went the whole following season injury free you could see him threatening the 295 but that PPG record is on a whole other level.

No chance, whatever about the 30 goals he would never even come close to the number of assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

danganabu wrote: »
    No chance, whatever about the 30 goals he would never even come close to the number of assists.

It would need to be an insane injury free season alright. I was thinking it would be more along the lines of 40 goals 40 bonus and then 8 assist. A few years back 300 seemed completely impossible but Suarez showed it could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

It would need to be an insane injury free season alright. I was thinking it would be more along the lines of 40 goals 40 bonus and then 8 assist. A few years back 300 seemed completely impossible but Suarez showed it could be done.
    Who got the highest ever FPL score? Ronaldo? Think he got 260+ in 07/08 season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Did Suarez not top that?

Edit: "Ending the campaign with 30 goals, 25 assists and 40 bonus points, Suarez’ produced 295 points in the FPL game"

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/05/23/team-of-the-season-luis-suarez-2/

That was a ridiculous season can't see Salah matching that.

Suarez

@stokecity: #SCFC are delighted to confirm the signing of Greek international defender Kostas Stafylidis on loan from @FCAugsburg https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/953983849092075522/photo/1

Ronaldo was top for a couple of years with 283 before he was pipped by a point by Lamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

While we're on the subject of FPL archives who had the most meteoric rise (price wise) in a season?

And who was the most expensive player at their highest price? I think Kun reached 13m+ a couple of years ago - did anyone ever top that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Chelsea closing in on Roman left back Emerson Palmieri according to the Mirror to ease pressure on Alonso

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Chelsea closing in on Roman left back Emerson Palmieri according to the Mirror to ease pressure on Alonso

Not to ease pressure, they have being trying to find a new left back for three or four transfer windows, Alonso is FPL gold but a shocking footballer for a club of Chelsea's stature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

While we're on the subject of FPL archives who had the most meteoric rise (price wise) in a season?

And who was the most expensive player at their highest price? I think Kun reached 13m+ a couple of years ago - did anyone ever top that?

Didn't Ronaldo come in at 14 mil one season? He was injured but ended up getting Wildcarded in at some point due to his value.

RvP was very expensive too at one point, if I remember correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ramsey was a big riser one year, as was Mahrez. Kane the year he broke out too - got him at 4.8 - ended up close to 7.
    RVP was the most expensive I remember (14)

Bale would have been another big riser can't remember if he had a big season when he was listed as a defender but he was cheap.

Highest price wise I seem to remember the holy trinity costing ~40m and Ronaldo would have been the most expensive of the 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Bale may have been 4.5 or 5 when he was a defender but deployed in midfield. He was gold when he was listed as a defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Payet a big price riser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Sterling too in his breakthrough season. Started at 4.5.

Peter crouch now being linked with Chelsea due to Andy Carroll injury !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Peter crouch now being linked with Chelsea due to Andy Carroll injury !!!

What are they smoking over at Stamford Bridge?!

I thought Andy Carroll was a weird one
    But this
    THiS

• Advertisement

Batshuayi must be a bag of confidence!

Moratta has been unavailable and they play no striker rather than play him.
    Now he looks around and sees Peter crouch or Andy Carroll starting.....wtf did he do on conte!

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Batshuayi must be a bag of confidence!

Moratta has been unavailable and they play no striker rather than play him.
    Now he looks around and sees Peter crouch or Andy Carroll starting.....wtf did he do on conte!
    I wonder does conte regret how he handled Diego costa now ......

Payet a big price riser?

He's definitely one of the biggest but think he started out higher than them so doubt he reached the heights of Bale, Kane and Ramsey.

km79 wrote: »
    I wonder does conte regret how he handled Diego costa now ......

You'd def have to think so with how weak their defence of the title has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Homegrown players apparently.

Chelsea interested in dzeko now apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Chelsea interested in dzeko now apparently.

Hard to understand why city let him go, he's been prolific for Roma in Europe since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Invincible wrote: »
    Hard to understand why city let him go, he's been prolific for Roma in Europe since.
    He's been prolific all throughout his career. City just being city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Klinkhammer

If United are clear 2nd or even guaranteed 3rd, with 3-4 weeks to go, then I wouldn’t want any of their players either.

A guy in our money league last year was cruising all year. Didn't captain Kane over the last 2 game weeks because Spurs were safe for 2nd. He finished 4th after the double hat trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A guy in our money league last year was cruising all year. Didn't captain Kane over the last 2 game weeks because Spurs were safe for 2nd. He finished 4th after the double hat trick.

I think it's different with a guy who's chasing the golden boot. I would always captain them, whether their team is safe or not.

Advertisement