Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

A guy in our money league last year was cruising all year. Didn't captain Kane over the last 2 game weeks because Spurs were safe for 2nd. He finished 4th after the double hat trick.

That first Kane hattrick is the reason why I won the the money league last year! :pac:

A guy in our money league last year was cruising all year. Didn't captain Kane over the last 2 game weeks because Spurs were safe for 2nd. He finished 4th after the double hat trick.

Maybe he didn’t know he was still fighting Lukaku for the golden boot.

Also Spurs were not still in Europe.

If City have the title wrapped up and are still in Europe. If any of the other teams, probably United, have secured top 3 but are still in Europe then I’ll be avoiding.

No danger a manager still in Europe will risk players in the league if they’ve achieved all they can in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I know the Sanchez/Mhki deal hasn't gone through yet but just curious if they'll be cup tied for European games? They both played europa/champions league respectively earlier in the year but is the rule for all comps in Europe or specific to each cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

testing my own logic here...if you have a comfortable lead in your leagues, is it best to be conservative on captain choice? I fancy Sterling this week but something is telling me to play safe with Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I know the Sanchez/Mhki deal hasn't gone through yet but just curious if they'll be cup tied for European games? They both played europa/champions league respectively earlier in the year but is the rule for all comps in Europe or specific to each cup?

Not sure about Mkhitaryan but Sanchez is eligible to be registered with Man United in the champions league

*edit
    That’s assuming the deal goes through. Which seems to have been close for nearly a week now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Technically they are cup tied but I looked it up and the rule says each club can pick 1 player a season who would normally be cup tied and play them assuming their previous club were not in the same competition. That means Sanchez and Miki could both play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Neither are cup tied
    And you would think that the time is drawing near where wenger will start to prioritize the Europa league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Looks like Aaron Lennon is signing for Burnley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Poor old RLC out for months :(

Had to replace him with ogbinna who I've never actually seen play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

You mean Obiang?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is that an ogbonna/obiang hybrid you created :pac:

Assume it's Obiang you've signed give it's RLC out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

RLC out is a pain, he was such great value at 4.5

Ibe seems the obvious replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 14 vader ed

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    RLC out is a pain, he was such great value at 4.5

Ibe seems the obvious replacement

RLC is 4.6 to sell
    Ibe is 4.8 to buy

Not so obvious if don't have the money in the bank.

vader ed wrote: »
    RLC is 4.6 to sell
    Ibe is 4.8 to buy

Well the reason I said it was a pain is because there is pretty much no-one who plays in his advanced role for the same price, Obiang may be the only guy even worth considering.....moving around 0.2m for Ibe seems like the best way to replace is what I was saying.

Feel free to disregard :)

Well the reason I said it was a pain is because there is pretty much no-one who plays in his advanced role for the same price, Obiang may be the only guy even worth considering.....moving around 0.2m for Ibe seems like the best way to replace is what I was saying.

:) I've been about to pull the trigger and get Obiang and take the -4 hit for the day then cancel out. I'm replacing a bench warmer with another bench warmer and when I've done that for a hit so far this season the bench warmers haven't played.

Don't know what to bloody do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any thoughts on Danilo due to Delph’s injury?

Only £5m and two fantastic home fixtures upcoming, but how long would you get out of him?

Paully D wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Danilo due to Delph’s injury?

Only £5m and two fantastic home fixtures upcoming, but how long would you get out of him?

Luke Shaw might be better punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

vader ed wrote: »
    RLC is 4.6 to sell
    Ibe is 4.8 to buy

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it'll be 0.3 to replace RLC with Ibe. RLC is 4.6 to buy & 4.5 to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Start 2 of Duffy, Zanka and DCL?

Start 2 of Duffy, Zanka and DCL?

DCl won’t start anyway so the other 2

• Advertisement

BREAKING: Albion have completed the club-record signing of striker Jurgen Locadia from Dutch Eredivisie side @PSV, on undisclosed terms.

#BHAFC 🔵⚪️ https://t.co/uBYdn9rnqC

Niasse won’t be going there so
    Murray also no longer a budget option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

km79 wrote: »

DCl won’t start anyway so the other 2

In fairness, Chelsea and missing Morata and Pedro and have not been banging them in of late - with a bit of luck Duffy at home could sneak a clean sheet imo, unlikely but not a hopeless cause!

In fairness, Chelsea and missing Morata and Pedro and have not been banging them in of late - with a bit of luck Duffy at home could sneak a clean sheet imo, unlikely but not a hopeless cause!

Yeah but he needs to start 2 !
    Duffy for sure
    But the other 2.......

Two of Gomez, Kenny and Ibe?

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

I’d probably go with Gomez and Kenny
    If Gomez doesn’t start then hope he doesn’t cameo

km79 wrote: »
    I’d probably go with Gomez and Kenny
    If Gomez doesn’t start then hope he doesn’t cameo

Yeahits a close one, its really between Kenny and Ibe.....just looking at that Everton back four doesn't fill me with confidence at all, even at home to WBA..

I'll probably change my mind once every 20mins before deadline, its Gomez and Ibe at the moment :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Any thoughts?

Out of those - the two I would play ibe and Gomez (attacking threat)

I am a Kenny and Ibe owner by the way.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Any thoughts?
    Kenny and Gomez. Big Sam will have sewn things up at the back after Spurs and WB can't score goals. Gomez is 90% to start after a weeks rest.

Thanks for the replies lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If I knew Walcott would start, I’d put him in for Lingard on my wildcard.

Hard to know if he will or not however.

Advertisement