Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    @FFScout: Southampton confirm the signing of striker Guido Carrillo from AS Monaco https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-01-25/announcement-guido-carrillo-southampton-signing

not good news for Michael

Sanchez is in some sort of breach of drug testing.

Not much info on it currently but seems he missed a drug test during the 24 hours he was finalising his move from Arsenal to United.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://tlks.pt/QoPl5j
    It will be arsenal in bother for failing to notify authorities that he would not be on site. A fine for them any most.
    Man city have 3 times "forgotten" to notify authorities that their entire squad were not on site over the past 15 months and nothing happened

The daily mirror reporting exactly that
    Under the big headline of Sanchez in drug probe shock the article says both clips COULD face a fine OR a warning

Seems there have been 29 fewer penalties awarded compared to this time last year.

That’s quite a difference eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Seems there have been 29 fewer penalties awarded compared to this time last year.

That’s quite a difference eh.

Been looking through some numbers there. There's an average of 1.96 penalties being awarded each gameweek this season. That is compared to 2.79 last year.
    If the present rate continues, it will be the lowest amount of penalties awarded since the 05/06 season.

Maybe somewhat surprisingly, Everton have most spotkicks awarded so far with 7. Man City & Palace next up with 6 & 5 respectively. Burnley, Newcastle & Swansea haven't had any yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Been looking through some numbers there. There's an average of 1.96 penalties being awarded each gameweek this season. That is compared to 2.79 last year.
    If the present rate continues, it will be the lowest amount of penalties awarded since the 05/06 season.

Maybe somewhat surprisingly, Everton have most spotkicks awarded so far with 7. Man City & Palace next up with 6 & 5 respectively. Burnley, Newcastle & Swansea haven't had any yet.

I wonder has the retrospective banning on diving having an effect on players not looking for penalties more than before. Also I think refs are a lot stricter this year, if there's any doubt in their mind they won't give a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs have only had 1 in the league so far I think (max 2), so by the law of averages Kane should have a few between now and May.

Spurs have only had 1 in the league so far I think (max 2), so by the law of averages Kane should have a few between now and May.

If Alli stopped giving the ball away outside the box on counter attacks they might have some chance.It slows everything down at a time when the defences are stretched. Gives them time to regroup. Defo one of the main reasons they have got none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

jamesbere wrote: »
    I wonder has the retrospective banning on diving having an effect on players not looking for penalties more than before. Also I think refs are a lot stricter this year, if there's any doubt in their mind they won't give a penalty.

Unless its Arsenal of course :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Brighton's new striker Locadia priced at 6m.

• Advertisement

Brighton's new striker Locadia priced at 6m.

He is also injured for 2/3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

http://tlks.pt/QoPl5j
    It will be arsenal in bother for failing to notify authorities that he would not be on site. A fine for them any most.
    Man city have 3 times "forgotten" to notify authorities that their entire squad were not on site over the past 15 months and nothing happened

The daily mirror reporting exactly that
    Under the big headline of Sanchez in drug probe shock the article says both clips COULD face a fine OR a warning

They need to explain why he wasn't there. We all know why he wasn't there, so there will be nothing coming out of it. A warning maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pick 2 to play this gw from Jones, Vertonghen, Wilson and Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

manual_man wrote: »
    Pick 2 to play this gw from Jones, Vertonghen, Wilson and Simpson.

Straight off I will say play Wilson and Vert last.
    Jones over Simpson up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

My team is in such ruins that they removed the 'Save Your Team' option when changing my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If/when Arsenal get Aubemyang, I'll be getting him. His goalscoring record is insane, just hope he is under 11.5

Ulloa has joined Brighton on loan. Murray possibly at risk now

Also, West Ham are in talks to sign BUIB :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Daniel Sturridge could well be on his way to @NUFC from @LFC
    A loan until the end of the season with a loan fee of £1.5 million and an agreement to pay his salary in full.
    #LFC #YNWA #bbcfootball #MOTD https://t.co/iaezV8Rsv4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Aubam straight in for Aguero when he’s added. 11.5 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

manual_man wrote: »
    Ulloa has joined Brighton on loan. Murray possibly at risk now

Is Ulloa big into law enforcement?

@AnfieldHQ: Klopp on penalties: "There's 4 or 5 players who think they should take them. They stay behind at the end of training to practice. Firmino is the main taker at the moment. It doesn't need to become a problem." https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/957963087633698816/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

-=al=- wrote: »
    Aubam straight in for Aguero when he’s added. 11.5 maybe?

Lacazette was 10.5, I think?

I'd say the same.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Is Ulloa big into law enforcement?

Not sure but I'd say Murray owes u-loa tax HAW HAW HAW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lacazette was 10.5, I think?

I'd say the same.

Yeah he was 10.5.

I'd agree with that price for Auba.

Twist - Now seems that Sturridge is on his way to West Brom. £1.5m loan fee agreed, says @AHunterGuardian.

Nooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Twist - Now seems that Sturridge is on his way to West Brom. £1.5m loan fee agreed, says @AHunterGuardian.

Nooooooooooooo

*waits for FPL Twitter account to tell everyone that jrod is no longer a good option*

West Brom confirm the signing of Egypt international Ali Gabr from Zamalek FC. The centre-half joins on loan for the rest of the season, with the Baggies having an option to make deal permanent https://t.co/JSC3DWgnA5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

West Brom confirm the signing of Egypt international Ali Gabr from Zamalek FC. The centre-half joins on loan for the rest of the season, with the Baggies having an option to make deal permanent https://t.co/JSC3DWgnA5

Evans to Arsenal so??

Advertisement