Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Are Mkhi and Auba eligible to play for Arsenal in Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Are Mkhi and Auba eligible to play for Arsenal in Europe?

Just Mkhi.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

the 8 Shaquiri points I left on the bench this week (in favour of Ayew) will haunt me for days.....I'm at the pointy end of the overall rankings and every mistake like this is so costly. Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Patrice Evra set to sign for West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

WTF!!!!!
    He hates Moyes
    So does chicharito

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

km79 wrote: »
    WTF!!!!!
    He hates Moyes
    So does chicharito

But he loves money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I hate Evra. Hate him with a passion. But I am willing to forget about that if he offers returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

WTF!!!!!
    He hates Moyes
    So does chicharito

Maybe he's joining so he can kung fu kick him in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Maybe he's joining so he can kung fu kick him in the face.

Or withdraw his hand from a handshake and accuse him of racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

At 36 he should maintain the average age of the West Ham backline, even as a United fan I found him over-rated and will be avoiding West Ham defenders like the plague.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

Ah here. Don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it at this post but its a bit pathetic that people still don't believe Suarez abused him. The man is an animal (he bites people FFS) so why is it so unbelievable that he abused him? And why would Evra shake his hand afterwards? The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

:confused:

It was Suarez who refused to shake Evra's hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Zaha out injured until the end of March apparently. GW33 fixtures onwards are lovely (possibly including a rescheduled game vs Huddersfield as part of a double gameweek).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Evra added @ 4.5m. One for the watchlist if he has anything left in the tank

ScummyMan wrote: »

Jeez was expecting him to be more
    He could be wing back too at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So that’s the story your going with ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jeez was expecting him to be more
    He could be wing back too at times

Will he be part of the 3 at the back or left wing back do we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

A slow and steady rise to an overall rank of 8k this week. However, the backbone of my defence this season featuring alonso and otamendi have failed to give any points in the past few weeks. Should i keep alonso or get rid of him for bavies.
    Could downgrade and accomodate walcott. Had played with just 11 starting players since last 15 gws. And was lucky not to have multiple injuries. And with the fixtures getting tighter as the season culminates i feel the need to have 13 starting players atleast.
    Team ID 120529

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ScummyMan wrote: »

Remember the time Rio was at QPR for 4.5 and we all lost our **** :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Remember the time Rio was at QPR for 4.5 and we all lost our **** :o

I recall not buying him, because he was playing for QPR.

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    I recall not buying him, because he was playing for QPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

sanket wrote:
    A slow and steady rise to an overall rank of 8k this week. However, the backbone of my defence this season featuring alonso and otamendi have failed to give any points in the past few weeks. Should i keep alonso or get rid of him for bavies. Could downgrade and accomodate walcott. Had played with just 11 starting players since last 15 gws. And was lucky not to have multiple injuries. And with the fixtures getting tighter as the season culminates i feel the need to have 13 starting players atleast. Team ID 120529

Interesting

Part of me thinks you need to stick with Otamendi and Alonso as they'll score big in the longer term but now is the business end of the season when (usually) 1 or 2 of the relegation teams go on a run of results in their attempt at the great escape which means grinding out results and clean sheets.

So rather than Davies or Monreal you might be better investing in Mawson, Naughton, Hegazi, Yedlin, Shaw Cross, Lascelles to name but a few.

(Also, Danny Rose played in the FA cup last night and with CL matching returning, Bavies is bound to be rotated).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Won't be touching another West Ham defender this season after suffering Ogbonna for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Won't be touching another West Ham defender this season after suffering Ogbonna for weeks.
    Wouldn't blame ya...
    3 clean sheets in a row including Arsenal and Chelsea, followed by no clean sheets in 8 including Huddersfield, West Brom, Newcastle, Bournemouth twice, Palace and Brighton!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Wouldn't blame ya...
    3 clean sheets in a row including Arsenal and Chelsea, followed by no clean sheets in 8 including Huddersfield, West Brom, Newcastle, Bournemouth twice, Palace and Brighton!

I bought Masuaku after those 3 clean sheets. Got nothing out of him until he spat in the fa cup and surprisingly I hold no grudge against him despite him being my most useless transfer of the season :)

I do like an OOP player even if they don't deliver :)

I’ve a feeling that there will be quite a few cheaper and mid priced options towards the end of the season that will help out those with poor RV.

Mkhi, Ramsey, Arnie, Antonio, André Ayew, Richarlison and Deulofeu are a few midfielders at very good prices that could finish the season well. I’d be happy to include a few of them when using my WC.

There are also quite a few teams battling for relegation so no doubt there will be a few bargains to be had in defence if you make the right calls about who may stay tight and stay up.

Not sure where one would spend money saved (only Salah, Kane and possibly Aubameyang looking value for bigger price tags) but I think it’ll be fairly easy to have a good team going into the final 4-8 GW’s regardless of your RV.

So I’m now fairly annoyed at how close I paid attention to potential risers and fallers this season. It has no doubt cost me quite a few points in hits.

Next season I will really try and ignore price changes, unless it’s a player I definitely want 100%, and focus more on trying to carry my FT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I went the ignoring price change route. Only time I look now is when I have a definite move for the week to make sure I don't have a .2 swing in the near future.

jimmii wrote: »
    I went the ignoring price change route. Only time I look now is when I have a definite move for the week to make sure I don't have a .2 swing in the near future.

Is this the first season you’ve tried this ?

Were you previously a hit nut ?

How’s this season panning out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Is Phil Jones at risk of not getting a start now?

• Advertisement

I’ve a feeling that there will be quite a few cheaper and mid priced options towards the end of the season that will help out those with poor RV.

Mkhi, Ramsey, Arnie, Antonio, André Ayew, Richarlison and Deulofeu are a few midfielders at very good prices that could finish the season well. I’d be happy to include a few of them when using my WC.

There are also quite a few teams battling for relegation so no doubt there will be a few bargains to be had in defence if you make the right calls about who may stay tight and stay up.

Not sure where one would spend money saved (only Salah, Kane and possibly Aubameyang looking value for bigger price tags) but I think it’ll be fairly easy to have a good team going into the final 4-8 GW’s regardless of your RV.

So I’m now fairly annoyed at how close I paid attention to potential risers and fallers this season. It has no doubt cost me quite a few points in hits.

Next season I will really try and ignore price changes, unless it’s a player I definitely want 100%, and focus more on trying to carry my FT.
    Dont!
    I basically had to chose between kane and aguero on my WC due to chronic TV.
    I'll be making earlier moves at times next season

Advertisement