Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

callaway92 wrote: »
    These have to be years old. Lasagna Diarra hasn’t posted on boards since going all in on France in the Euros hasn’t he not?

Yeh most of them would be from the football betting forum where I used to post mostly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It has taken 7 odd hours but I'm ready to admit to my 2 transfers before this mornings deadline....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Has anyone else given up FPL Transfers for Lent?

I'm holding out well so far but Courtois and Jones are starting to severely test my faith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Are the fixtures for skinny GW31 confirmed now? I see 5 matches are scheduled, any chance they will change further?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Are the fixtures for skinny GW31 confirmed now? I see 5 matches are scheduled, any chance they will change further?

Spurs Newcastle will also be off if spurs win the replay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Palace v Spurs has been changed to Sunday because of FA Cup replay so no MNF this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Spurs Newcastle will also be off if spurs win the replay.

That sucks! But Thanks for the info, I was already eyeing up getting Eriksen and Vertonghen in or something similar, scrap that because obv Spurs will beat Rochdale in the cup!

That sucks! But Thanks for the info, I was already eyeing up getting Eriksen and Vertonghen in or something similar, scrap that because obv Spurs will beat Rochdale in the cup!

If you used your wildcard already I still think that can be a good strategy. Spurs have nice fixtures before the blank and then you have them in place for the dgw. I have choupo who has a game in 31 but if I can get the funds together I'll be upgrading him to alli.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Up to 8th in the latest FFS Live Hall Of Fame. 1 place behind the actual 'Scout'. :pac:

Chelsea will be an interesting observation for the remainder.

Looks likely they’ll get knocked out by Barcelona and will have the FA cup and top 3-4 to play for.

Looks odds on the manager will be gone in the summer but I’d expect the players to get their heads down so they are playing champions league next year.

Two difficult league games coming up now and if they’re still in the hunt for top 4 after those games then I may consider trebling up for the run in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Markx wrote: »
    Up to 8th in the latest FFS Live Hall Of Fame. 1 place behind the actual 'Scout'. :pac:

Fair play that's pretty dam impressive!

It’s my night finishing early from work and no doubt I’ve had a few drinks to realx whilst I’m listening to Ben Crellin on the ‘who got the assist’ podcast but I’m sure he just said he’s looking to sell Kane for Aubameyang in GW 32.

Whilst he’s a spreadsheet genius I’m now starting to doubt everything about him.

WTF ?

And now he’s just said he’s gonna do DDG to Ben Foster for GW 31.

His skills undoubtedly lie with spreadsheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

And now he’s just said he’s gonna do DDG to Ben Foster for GW 31.

His skills undoubtedly lie with spreadsheets.

Yea they sound like questionable moves. A lot of people could do what he does with the spreadsheet but most just couldn't be arsed. It doesn't make him an FPL expert just a guy with time on his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

It’s my night finishing early from work and no doubt I’ve had a few drinks to realx whilst I’m listening to Ben Crellin on the ‘who got the assist’ podcast but I’m sure he just said he’s looking to sell Kane for Aubameyang in GW 32.

Whilst he’s a spreadsheet genius I’m now starting to doubt everything about him.

WTF ?

Probably not the craziest thing in the world. Low ownership and has fixtures of STO SOT new WHM from 32 - 35, vs Kane who has che sto MCI and then a probably blank in 35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

WTF ?

Depending on what Aubameyang shows in the next two gameweeks I was planning on the same transfer but for Augero as opposed to Kane but the same rationale applies, dont see whats unusual or bad about it at all??

Better fixtures, not elegible for Europe and Lacazette out injured so pretty much guaranteed 90 mins every game. And it will most likely be a differnetial and frees up funds to strenghten elsewhere.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Yea they sound like questionable moves. A lot of people could do what he does with the spreadsheet but most just couldn't be arsed. It doesn't make him an FPL expert just a guy with time on his hands.

He does have a good history in the game. 130k at the minute . Finished top 45k last 6 seasons and in the top 12k in 4 of those seasons. Him and his spreadsheets have made my dgw role fairly redundant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He does have a good history in the game. 130k at the minute . Finished top 45k last 6 seasons and in the top 12k in 4 of those seasons. Him and his spreadsheets have made my dgw role fairly redundant though.

Yea I just realised he's in one of my leagues, he is a decent player looking at his ranks in fairness to him. The cheek of him though coming along with his fancy colourful xls and taking your job! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I can beat that but for the love of god I hope no one does what I do this season, I've lost the plot with transfers and gone on a mad one :pac:

id 8234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

-=al=- wrote: »
    I can beat that but for the love of god I hope no one does what I do this season, I've lost the plot with transfers and gone on a mad one :pac:

id 8234

Your bench is in rag order !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

km79 wrote: »
    Your bench is in rag order !

Haven't had one in a while! The teams a shambles at the minute, I need to do some jiggery pokery magic around the blanks and doubles and try and recoup some points for this disaster season

Harry Kane just presented an award at the Brits....not sure if relevant to FPL or not but might be useful to some on here as DGW planning season looms ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Harry Kane just presented an award at the Brits....not sure if relevant to FPL or not but might be useful to some on here as DGW planning season looms ;-)
    What was he wearing??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Did he look sick

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

The ox was also there sitting with Perrie, sir Harold was walking well.

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The ox was also there sitting with Perrie, sir Harold was walking well.
    don't see the love for ox at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ace2007 wrote: »
    don't see the love for ox at all

I find it to be very tasty

km79 wrote: »

Did he look sick

Not sick but deffo very anxious....his female co-presenter did all the heavy lifting, setting up his lines etc.....basically the Christian Eriksen role

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

On the weather forum there is a lot of excitement of some very cold weather (possibly lots of snow) being forecast to hit here and the UK middle of next week so this could have an impact on GW 29.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Poker Face wrote: »
    On the weather forum there is a lot of excitement of some very cold weather (possibly lots of snow) being forecast to hit here and the UK middle of next week so this could have an impact on GW 29.

Potential to tear the schedule asunder if it gets as bad as feared.

Advertisement