Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Poker Face wrote: »
    On the weather forum there is a lot of excitement of some very cold weather (possibly lots of snow) being forecast to hit here and the UK middle of next week so this could have an impact on GW 29.

It's interesting and could affect Thursdays game between City and Arsenal, tempted to dump Sterling and/or Aguero.
    Also have Jones,Son and Holgate to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

patmac wrote: »
    It's interesting and could affect Thursdays game between City and Arsenal, tempted to dump Sterling and/or Aguero.

Had forgot about the Thursday game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Poker Face wrote:
    On the weather forum there is a lot of excitement of some very cold weather (possibly lots of snow) being forecast to hit here and the UK middle of next week so this could have an impact on GW 29.

*spins slowly around in office chair*

*presses imaginary intercom to my imaginary PA*

Sandra, get me M.T. CRANIUM in here Stat!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

patmac wrote: »

Thats a good point .Could also affect the cup replays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Didn't Sterling have a bad runin last season aswell. Sterling to Mane could be on the cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Didn't Sterling have a bad runin last season aswell. Sterling to Mane could be on the cards?

Sterling is a different player this year to be fair. That said, I think dumping him in the short term could be a very good idea, then consider getting him back around the doubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How do people feel about Mahrez as an option now?

Fixtures are excellent, his previous form was brilliant, Leicester will have DGW in 34..

I’ve got about 8 million for a mid but Son, Mhki and Ramsey all have their pitfalls so beginning to think about pulling together the extra .5 for mahrez. Signed the little **** the day before the City story broke so can’t belive I’ve got back to this point so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

How do people feel about Mahrez as an option now?

Fixtures are excellent, his previous form was brilliant, Leicester will have DGW in 34..

I’ve got about 8 million for a mid but Son, Mhki and Ramsey all have their pitfalls so beginning to think about pulling together the extra .5 for mahrez. Signed the little **** the day before the City story broke so can’t belive I’ve got back to this point so quickly.

Great option and differential

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Mahrez has played 28 minutes this month.
    After the unpleasantness with City do you really want to gamble on him.
    Mane if you can afford or Vardy's your man up front

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mahrez has played 28 minutes this month.
    After the unpleasantness with City do you really want to gamble on him.
    Mane if you can afford or Vardy's your man up front

Got both. Mahrez played 90 in the FA cup last week but yeah the risk is what’s putting me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/966689240187834369

Further evidence that the United defence isn't actually very good but De Gea is. I'll be getting him back in for the run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

That's almost as bad as Arsenal :eek:

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/966689240187834369

Further evidence that the United defence isn't actually very good but De Gea is. I'll be getting him back in for the run in.

He is damn near a must have for the DGW
    I’ve nade a lot of bad decisions this season
    But moving him on in WC gw5 and going with jones instead is a killer
    I sold kdb that week too but I don’t regret that half as much as the other mids brought in have scored well
    But my keepers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Really thinking of bringing in Alli this game week (have Kane), but can't seem to find much stats or good highlights of previous games for him. Any Spurs fans or anyones opinions of his form in here?

The pluses are he's pretty nailed on. I'd love to bring in Son but with Lamela & Lucus I'm worried about his game time.

Really thinking of bringing in Alli this game week (have Kane), but can't seem to find much stats or good highlights of previous games for him. Any Spurs fans or anyones opinions of his form in here?

The pluses are he's pretty nailed on. I'd love to bring in Son but with Lamela & Lucus I'm worried about his game time.

Get eriksen
    Alli has been stink this season
    I held him for WAY to long in the hope he would come good
    Not happening

km79 wrote: »
    Get eriksen
    Alli has been stink this season
    I held him for WAY to long in the hope he would come good
    Not happening
    Thanks for the reply but I don't care about what he was like all season I want to know what he's like form wise as of now. Did he get forward much against Arsenal etc.

Thanks for the reply but I don't care about what he was like all season I want to know what he's like form wise as of now. Did he get forward much against Arsenal etc.

I was including that in my synopsis
    He played the same way he has been every game I've seen him since Xmas
    Slowing down counter attacks. Giving the ball away.
    Eriksen was MUCH more dangerous and then has set pieces
    He will score well next few weeks
    But I'm probably gonna go mahrez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Any chance of games being called off due to the impending spell of cold and snow over in England?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Any chance of games being called off due to the impending spell of cold and snow over in England?

Most games this weekend will probably be fine. Man City v Arsenal on Thursday could be off though. And then next weekend is anyone's guess.

Something went wrong with my FFM Pro app, and my team was displaying all corrupted for some reason.

Just checked on a PC and it's fine. Talk about giving me a heart attack. Thought I'd been hacked and someone else had made loads of transfers
    attachment.php?attachmentid=442611&d=1519401414[IMG]Edit: the image is displaying for me correctly on mobile, but not on the desktop site. Not sure why[/img]

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I was including that in my synopsis
    He played the same way he has been every game I've seen him since Xmas
    Slowing down counter attacks. Giving the ball away.
    Eriksen was MUCH more dangerous and then has set pieces
    He will score well next few weeks
    But I'm probably gonna go mahrez
    Cheers. I'd love to go the Mahrez route myself but wish I knew if he was a guaranteed starter this GW after the city debacle.

Cheers. I'd love to go the Mahrez route myself but wish I knew if he was a guaranteed starter this GW after the city debacle.

Can’t see why he wouldn’t be
    He started in the cup
    His attitude was fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Briefly looking to next season - Spurs have requested that their first fixtures next season are away from home as a contingency for the new stadium maybe not being ready if there’s any delays etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

And for the season after that - winter break coming! Proposal is that it will be split over 2 calendar weeks, so half the clubs will have the first weekend of Feb off, the other half will have the second weekend off.

Presumably that's just a gameweek split over 8 calendar days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Paully D wrote: »
    Briefly looking to next season - Spurs have requested that their first fixtures next season are away from home as a contingency for the new stadium maybe not being ready if there’s any delays etc.

Good for Harry Kane owners maybe ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Rikand wrote: »
    Good for Harry Kane owners maybe ;)

Not if it's August though.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

No one has mentioned whether the snow storm will affect Thursday’s game or this weekend. Any news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Big Borg wrote: »
    No one has mentioned whether the snow storm will affect Thursday’s game or this weekend. Any news?

Its mentioned a few posts up! Could do hard to tell at this point though. The councils should have be plenty prepared at this stage so should hopefully be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'd say it will be ok. Salt around the stadium. Tube should be fine. They'll play the game regardless of how many fans show you'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

GW 34 could either be the GW to load up on Spurs defenders / attackers or avoid all costs.

City can mathematically win the league the game previous at home to United so they could be celebrating / resting players for CL.

Advertisement