Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs vs Rochdale is going ahead tonight anyway, fans advised to arrive early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Spurs vs Rochdale is going ahead tonight anyway, fans advised to arrive early.

:eek:

Feel for Rochdale fans making their way down to London. Hard to suggest to them they don't go how often will they get to see their team play at Wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Burnley Everton going by Burnley message board might be in danger of a postponement Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Burnley Everton going by Burnley message board might be in danger of a postponement Saturday.
    That’d be a disaster for me and my 3 Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Turf Moor usually one of the places games get called off in bad weather don't think they have under soil heating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Where's those Pickford lovers at :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dsmythy wrote: »
    Where's those Pickford lovers at :)

In the burns unit

Any update re. Burnley v Everton game going ahead or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

With this being the early kickoff does the deadline change if it's postponed?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Are most of the members of this group from the U.K.?

If so, you are experiencing this storm first hand. Are conditions so bad that games this weekend are likely to be postponed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Any update re. Burnley v Everton game going ahead or not?

At least it's the early game so we'll know before deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Big Borg wrote: »
    Are most of the members of this group from the U.K.?

If so, you are experiencing this storm first hand. Are conditions so bad that games this weekend are likely to be postponed?

Before today I would have said no, but after seeing what I have woken up to I think there's a high chance of cancellations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

David Moyes concerned about the logistics of getting from London to Wales (WHU @ Swansea).
    The Met Office is saying people shouldn't travel, especially through Cardiff and down the M4," Moyes said.

At 10:00 GMT on Friday, a Premier League spokesman told BBC Sport that there were no concerns about any of Saturday's seven games going ahead.

Various lower league matches postponed, as well as rugby being pushed back 48 hours.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/43256340

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pretty much every sporting event in UK/Ireland this weekend (GAA/rugby/horsies) have been called off. Reckon there'll be a good few called off in the next 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If EPL matches are pushed back by 24-48hrs are they still counted as part of the GW, or possibly be part of a mid week GW?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    If EPL matches are pushed back by 24-48hrs are they still counted as part of the GW, or possibly be part of a mid week GW?

:confused:
    There is no midweek GW for them to be counted as part of.

Salah 60% ownership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Feenix wrote: »
    There is no midweek GW for them to be counted as part of.

So they will still be part of this GW, with just the dates changed then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So they will still be part of this GW, with just the dates changed then?

Any games between March 3rd and March 10th are GW29.

I would normally stay up and watch the early kickoff on Saturday (it’s 11.30pm here) but I think I’ll pass on this Saturday’s offering.

Early night and up early to watch the recorded Liverpool game.

• Advertisement

I would normally stay up and watch the early kickoff on Saturday (it’s 11.30pm here) but I think I’ll pass on this Saturday’s offering.

Early night and up early to watch the recorded Liverpool game.
    Probably an idea to stay up until the deadline incase the weather impacts the fixture list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Harry Kane off at 75 after a brace? or Salah getting subbed at 85 a after goal and assist?

Kane match sharp but rested for CL, Liverpool already through.

Who to cap? Which way will it go? 50/50 on both but slightly favoring Kane... Salah ownership is a hefty percentage stopping me from it at the minute

Who you going for?

CSF wrote: »
    Probably an idea to stay up until the deadline incase the weather impacts the fixture list.

Good call.

I had originally planned this but completely forgot about it.

I had a sleeping tablet planned for 8-9 so I’ll scrap that.

I heard a journalist talking about Pep yesterday.

I’ll paraphrase -

he admitted to making a mistake at Bayern when acknowledging he had won the league and would rest players for champions league. Their season collapsed and they were tamely knocked out of Europe and lost all momentum in the league.

He has recently mentioned the leason he learned and it would not happen again so maybe we won’t see that much rotation at City.

The journalist also mentioned that Pep is aware of all records and takes records into consideration when making all his decisions.

Many were confused as to why he brought such a strong team into the final match of the group stages even though he had the group wrapped up. It had something to do with a record of winning all 6 group matches. So it was either no team had done it or no English team had done it. I can’t remember which.

So maybe I’ve been premature to expect lots of changes.

Looks like the Burnley game will go ahead.

Looks like the Burnley game will go ahead.

I can’t find the thread where some guy (2nd row donkey ?) mentioned the line up for Everton.

He said Coleman and Baines would start according to what he’d seen.

Did he say anything about Niasse ?

I have Martina and Niasse and if neither are predicted to start I’ll only have 10 players so will need bring someone else in.

Anyone remember ?

I can’t find the thread where some guy (2nd row donkey ?) mentioned the line up for Everton.

He said Coleman and Baines would start according to what he’d seen.

Did he say anything about Niasse ?

I have Martina and Niasse and if neither are predicted to start I’ll only have 10 players so will need bring someone else in.

Anyone remember ?
    He said Niasse would start.

CSF wrote: »
    He said Niasse would start.

Nice one. Cheers. I’ll carry my -4 so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Nice one. Cheers. I’ll carry my -4 so.

Niasse not starting:rolleyes:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement