Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Arsenal fans! I want to bring in Arsenal cover. Who would you recommend between Ramsey or Micki?
    Went with Ramsey. ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Can I make a transfer same week as taking a free hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Can I make a transfer same week as taking a free hit?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Do people ever think of reading the rules?

Do people ever think of reading the rules?

I'd be happy if they just read the thread they are posting in tbh :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sure, the same questions get repeated often in here but what's the harm? It takes 2 seconds for someone to reply with an answer, it's not an ordeal. Not everyone that posts here is a FF anorak that has memorised the rules, just be helpful or ignore imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sure, the same questions get repeated often in here but what's the harm? It takes 2 seconds for someone to reply with an answer, it's not an ordeal. Not everyone that posts here is a FF anorak that has memorised the rules, just be helpful or ignore imo.
    Definitely don’t agree with this. People log in, sometimes with a limited frame of time. Having to trawl through those sorts of posts before reading the actual content we log in for, can become irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'm sure there would be rules in there that would surprise the anoraks too I doubt anyone knows all the rules. Its even more understandable with the new chips as we're all really still learning about how to use them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What are people thinking about TC now Kane and Aguero been out for a few weeks and Salah not having a DGW?

paulie21 wrote: »
    What are people thinking about TC now Kane and Aguero been out for a few weeks and Salah not having a DGW?

Wait for injury news on Kane. A potential GW37 bri/wba TC is still option 1 for me.

I wouldn't dream of putting the TC on Aguero. League wrapped up, business end of the CL and rotation risk from Jesus.

Outside of that, if Kane is out for the season (unlikely) then it could be a major change in strategy. Potential Lukaku WBA/whu GW34 TC with BB moving to GW37

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Definitely don’t agree with this. People log in, sometimes with a limited frame of time. Having to trawl through those sorts of posts before reading the actual content we log in for, can become irritating.

Agree to disagree, it takes seconds to just scroll by those type of posts unless you're limited to about 20 seconds to read the thread then I don't think it's that big an issue. It's not like it's page after page of it either it's just an odd question here or there.

Agree to disagree, it takes seconds to just scroll by those type of posts unless you're limited to about 20 seconds to read the thread then I don't think it's that big an issue. It's not like it's page after page of it either it's just an odd question here or there.

Agree to disagree with your post also. It would also take seconds for people to scroll to see if the question has been asked - or to look up the rule!

It's not a matter of being an anorak or not but if I was playing a game I would check the rules. I might look for clarification but some people find it easier to post here than look at rules. I find it annoying to see the same question asked 3 times in a few days.

So we all agree to disagree, I'm glad I could bring some harmony to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

paulie21 wrote: »

I am tempted to give it to Son.

He is a very underrated player both in real life and fpl.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pellegrino sacked by Saints

I find it amazing the amount information the ‘anoraks’ give the ‘casuals’ considering how far ahead a lot of the casuals are in the OR.

And that’s not just information on the rules but advice on transfers and other tactics. Anoraks be giving away the edge they work for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

2 free transfers this week and 5 yellow flags, :pac: so I think it's best to use those 2 free transfers on next weeks teams, two punts, 1 midfielder and 1 striker.

Money no object so pick 2 punts for next week only.. Tosun and Mane are what I am thinking atm. Any suggestions?

I find it amazing the amount information the ‘anoraks’ give the ‘casuals’ considering how far ahead a lot of the casuals are in the OR.

And that’s not just information on the rules but advice on transfers and other tactics. Anoraks be giving away the edge they work for.

People are normally only competing against the others in thier own mini-leagues.

Luck has a major part to do with it as well.

There is no harm giving newbies advice as it is only fair most of them (unless extremely lucky) are no threat to the obsessive eejits who cover all the angles.

People are normally only competing against the others in thier own mini-leagues.

Luck has a major part to do with it as well.

There is no harm giving newbies advice as it is only fair most of them (unless extremely lucky) are no threat to the obsessive eejits who cover all the angles.

I hear ya but every time it rains paranoia I get soaked.

I’ve seen some posters talk about their OR and then see them ask fairly basic advice, usually player transfer related, and scratch my head.

There’s also the ‘top of my league’ or ‘only 15 points off top’ and then ‘what do I do next ?’ and then receive some awesome transfer advice they would never have thought of themselves.

I just think you should have to work for the victory rather than be lucky enough to know this forum exists.

• Advertisement

I hear ya but every time it rains paranoia I get soaked.

I’ve seen some posters talk about their OR and then see them ask fairly basic advice, usually player transfer related, and scratch my head.

There’s also the ‘top of my league’ or ‘only 15 points off top’ and then ‘what do I do next ?’ and then receive some awesome transfer advice they would never have thought of themselves.

I just think you should have to work for the victory rather than be lucky enough to know this forum exists.

I see what you mean.
    But some people just need the reassurance sometimes.
    They might even ask a second opinion.
    Then it is up to them whether they take the advice or not.

It does not happen on here, but there is a very famous fantasy football site where people b1tch and moan if they follow advice, and it goes wrong for them!
    :D

That amuses me.

Then again, I am easily amused.

So, two more wins will secure the title for City. Likely a win GW33 at home to Man U will do the job (Everton away before that) , so could enter dgw34 as champions. I have a funny feeling Pep will field strong sides for the remainder of the season though, just about every PL record could be broken if they keep up current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

manual_man wrote: »
    Pellegrino sacked by Saints

It was a good day!!

I'd throw my own hat in the ring to replace him but I've single handedly took a private league winning club last season to mid-tabke mediocrity. I suspect my own days are numbered too.

shineon23 wrote: »
    It was a good day!!

I'd throw my own hat in the ring to replace him but I've single handedly took a private league winning club last season to mid-tabke mediocrity. I suspect my own days are numbered too.

Introducing league tiers into the FPL game would certainly make things interesting wouldn't it :D

I see what you mean.
    But some people just need the reassurance sometimes.
    They might even ask a second opinion.
    Then it is up to them whether they take the advice or not.

It does not happen on here, but there is a very famous fantasy football site where people b1tch and moan if they follow advice, and it goes wrong for them!
    :D

That amuses me.

Then again, I am easily amused.

Aye, but I’m talking about the ones that don’t know what to do, don’t suggest anything themselves, and will blindly follow the advice in here.

Anyway. Each to their own. I’d find no satisfaction in winning anything that way.

Think of how awesome it will feel for me when I transfer in and captain Defoe next GW and he scores a brace. Maybe even a hat trick.

That is the joy of FPL. Making a decision and backing yourself. Works the other way too though as in getting it wrong - nobody to blame but myself.

So, two more wins will secure the title for City. Likely a win GW33 at home to Man U will do the job (Everton away before that) , so could enter dgw34 as champions. I have a funny feeling Pep will field strong sides for the remainder of the season though, just about every PL record could be broken if they keep up current form.

My initial thoughts were to avoid for the DGW’s but not so sure anymore. Think I’ll have a couple of them as Pep goes for 96 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I agree I think he'll want to keep them all sharp for the CL. He said before that resting players in Germany was a mistake he wouldn't make again after they'd wrapped the league up and then the rest of the season went downhill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

jimmii wrote: »
    I agree I think he'll want to keep them all sharp for the CL. He said before that resting players in Germany was a mistake he wouldn't make again after they'd wrapped the league up and then the rest of the season went downhill.

And let's be honest he hasn't REALLY rotated all season has he?
    No more than a lot of other managers really

km79 wrote: »
    And let's be honest he hasn't REALLY rotated all season has he?
    No more than a lot of other managers really

Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Seriously?

Ederson - keeper so wouldn't expect rotation
    Otamendi was apparently a rotation risk. Hasn't happened. Other centre halves have all been injured so hard to tell.
    Walker the same. Mendy got injured but signs are he wouldn't have
    Fernandiho KDB. Started all games.
    Davis Silva has missed games due to premature birth of child not rotation.
    Sterling rotated twice maybe????
    Sane when available rotated very little.
    Aguero and jesus were the 2

So vast majority of team not rotated. 2 strikers for one position lead to inevitable rotation.
    Mourinho has rotated his midfield options much more for example.

The LACK of rotation caught people out more than rotation imo.........

Advertisement