Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Do you lose a FT if you use the free hit?
    yes

@km79, I thought the answer was always no :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Do you lose a FT if you use the free hit?
    yes
    ScummyMan wrote: »
    @km79, I thought the answer was always no :P

4dce5e7d-750b-4ff2-b969-cf63e455e72e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

What if I use the FT and then do the free hit chip. Do I get a minus then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

No.

Everything you've done is cancelled and you're on you're FH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

No.

Everything you've done is cancelled and you're on your FH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote:
    Everything you've done is cancelled and you're on your FH.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Need a bit of advice men.

Haven't followed fantasy football since the beginning of February. I'm 99 points behind the leader in a money league.

My team;

Foster
    Smalling Christensen Otamendi
    David Silva Walcott Salah Mahrez
    Barnes Kane Firmino

Bench: Elliot, Kenedy, Tomkins and B Smith.

I still have all of my chips - wildcard, free hit, triple captain and bench boost to play, with 2.3 in the bank.

What's the best way to go out about catching this fecker? I'm not overly happy with my team, to be expected as I haven't changed it in weeks!

Irish94 wrote: »
    Need a bit of advice men.

Haven't followed fantasy football since the beginning of February. I'm 99 points behind the leader in a money league.

My team;

Foster
    Smalling Christensen Otamendi
    David Silva Walcott Salah Mahrez
    Barnes Kane Firmino

Bench: Elliot, Kenedy, Tomkins and B Smith.

I still have all of my chips - wildcard, free hit, triple captain and bench boost to play.

What's the best way to go out about catching this fecker? I'm not overly happy with my team, to be expected as I haven't changed it in weeks!

Your team is good. Use your 2 FT and get new keepers would be my advice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Irish94 wrote: »

And use Cartman's Spreadsheet here, in order to negotiate GW 34,35, and 37. :)

• Advertisement

Bournemouth starting to look fairly decimated.

Wonder will Surman get a run out. He played plenty of minutes early on in the season but I can’t find out if he lost his place or if he got injured.

Going off fplstatistics I’d be guessing he lost his place but I doubt that’s true.

Looking for the best sub 4.6 midfielder for DGW 34.

It’s a shoot out between Lewis Cook (4 points) or Will Hughes (2 points but could be 7 or 9).

0.1 short for Ibe which is a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Bournemouth starting to look fairly decimated.

Wonder will Surman get a run out. He played plenty of minutes early on in the season but I can’t find out if he lost his place or if he got injured.

Going off fplstatistics I’d be guessing he lost his place but I doubt that’s true.

Lost his place. He didn't suit Bournemouth's current style of play apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It’s a shoot out between Lewis Cook (4 points) or Will Hughes (2 points but could be 7 or 9).

Jack cork 4.5

Jack cork 4.5

Like Cook he’s unlikely to score better than 2 x 2 points.

Also trying to avoid my midfielders or attackers playing against my defence.

Will Hughes it is.

Surman would have been my choice had he not lost his place. I thought he was playing decent earlier in the season and bagged more than 5 points on 6 occasions over 17 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Southampton's Steven Davis could drop to 4.6M tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

For a BB to be beneficial (accounting for fixtures as well), how many DGW players would anyone recommend?
    Looking at a BB in GW 34 with 11 players having DGW, so 26 games in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

CSWS101 wrote: »
    For a BB to be beneficial (accounting for fixtures as well), how many DGW players would anyone recommend?
    Looking at a BB in GW 34 with 11 players having DGW, so 26 games in total.

Depends on who the three are

If its Cech, Salah, Firmino and Robertson its good
    If its Foster, Hegazi, King and Ayew its not

In general the more the better, you should be able to look at and think you will get a minimum 16 extra points

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Depends on who the three are

If its Cech, Salah, Firmino and Robertson its good
    If its Foster, Hegazi, King and Ayew its not

In general the more the better, you should be able to look at and think you will get a minimum 16 extra points

It's Salah, Robertson, Mustafi & Fernandez.
    Banking a FT this week, next week going Auba -> Kane & Son -> Lingard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Have exact funds to get Kane and Kenedy in for Firmino and Son

If I wait next week with 2 free transfers it's Kane and Gross/Lingard in for Auba and Son.

BB in 34, so the second one makes more sense but selling Auba but he has being doing pretty damn good recently and good fixtures to come.

Have 10 for the double either way, which isn't bad. Salah out for Liverpool and the CL might hinder Firmino's points, but then again Mkhit is out for Arsenal and that might hinder Aubameyang's points + no double

So should I stick with the current team and do 2 free transfers next week, or get Kane now and keep Auba too?

DdG Ryan
    Alonso Mustafi Robertson Morgan Lowton
    Salah Mahrez Son Willian Gudmundsson
    Aubam Firmino Vardy.

Team is decent enough too and I have 0.0 in the bank if I go for Kane/Kenedy now. Slightly have the Kane fear but he is going to rise tonight (likely) and keep me .1 short tomorrow annoyingly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

-=al=- wrote: »
    Have exact funds to get Kane and Kenedy in for Firmino and Son

If I wait next week with 2 free transfers it's Kane and Gross/Lingard in for Auba and Son.

BB in 34, so the second one makes more sense but selling Auba but he has being doing pretty damn good recently and good fixtures to come.

Have 10 for the double either way, which isn't bad. Salah out for Liverpool and the CL might hinder Firmino's points, but then again Mkhit is out for Arsenal and that might hinder Aubameyang's points + no double

So should I stick with the current team and do 2 free transfers next week, or get Kane now and keep Auba too?

DdG Ryan
    Alonso Mustafi Robertson Morgan Lowton
    Salah Mahrez Son Willian Gudmundsson
    Aubam Firmino Vardy.

Team is decent enough too and I have 0.0 in the bank if I go for Kane/Kenedy now. Slightly have the Kane fear but he is going to rise tonight (likely) and keep me .1 short tomorrow annoyingly!

I think your team is well set up for this week but Kane rising would be a worry for me and I would most likely make the transfer if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

How can I check if the Head to Head league I'm in goes to knock out rounds?

The administrator cant remember what he set and he cant find any info in the admin area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think your team is well set up for this week but Kane rising would be a worry for me and I would most likely make the transfer if I was you.

Thanks

I got away with it as Son rising too made me .1 on him so I can live for this weekend and then make the move!

Going to be hard to watch Spurs vs Stoke though. An early goal and we could see a 4-0... or worse. Auba cap for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Two final decisions to be made.

Son or David Silva?

Kane or Auba for captain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »
    Two final decisions to be made.

Son or David Silva?

Kane or Auba for captain?

Son/Kane

I sold Auba and am a United fan so may have bias

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Son/Kane

I sold Auba and am a United fan so may have bias

:)

Yeah, going forward, I think this makes more sense. Spurs have two games next week (albeit one is against City) so if I keep him in I can use the one FT to bring in Lukaku for Auba.

I'll leave the captaincy on Captain Kane as well. I'm all set for this weekend so! Now just sit back and watch as my WC team plays out a complete and utter disaster!! :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mangan_Liam

In a club last man standing that has run on for many weeks now with everyone constantly picking the same team. This is the first week whereby the top 6 have all been picked so it now becomes very interesting. Thoughts on which team outside the top 6 may win today? Some very tricky ties - I'm leaning towards Leicester as Newcastle are due a slip up and they have a poor record against the Foxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

In a club last man standing that has run on for many weeks now with everyone constantly picking the same team. This is the first week whereby the top 6 have all been picked so it now becomes very interesting. Thoughts on which team outside the top 6 may win today? Some very tricky ties - I'm leaning towards Leicester as Newcastle are due a slip up and they have a poor record against the Foxes.

Good shout imo

Leicester (home to Newcastle) or Brighton (Home to Huddersfield) seem like the two stand out ones outside the top six. Leicester more so, of course.

• Advertisement

In the only € league I'm in, the guy in second (70 points behind me) took a four point hit to transfer out Lukaku and Otamendi, for Kane and Mawson, and captained Kane. I also captained Kane!

Plugging his team into that famous spreadsheet and he hasn't bettered his playing options for GW34. Still just 5 DGW players for him compared to my 7 (8 when I get Lukaku). He's already used his FH as well! :)

Advertisement