Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Can you see if someone is playing their bench boost or free hit before the gameweek starts?

Playing someone in a head to head and want to work out what they’re doing for GW34.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can you see if someone is playing their bench boost or free hit before the gameweek starts?

Playing someone in a head to head and want to work out what they’re doing for GW34.

Watch changes in their TV for free hit
    No way of knowing for BB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Wilberto wrote: »
    In the only € league I'm in, the guy in second (70 points behind me) took a four point hit to transfer out Lukaku and Otamendi, for Kane and Mawson, and captained Kane. I also captained Kane!

Plugging his team into that famous spreadsheet and he hasn't bettered his playing options for GW34. Still just 5 DGW players for him compared to my 7 (8 when I get Lukaku). He's already used his FH as well! :)

Same guy also has Firmino and Tosun while I have Auba and Vardy!

Show me the money!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

https://twitter.com/paul_tomkins/status/982915338978447360

Fcuking hell!

I think I’ll be buying the penalty takers of teams with an English striker next season!

Context of tweet. Tomkins is looking at whether English players ‘win’ more penalties than their foreign counterparts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    In one of my MLs I am now 60 behind a rival. Was closer to a hundred but made some dents recently. Do ye think it's possible to close the gap?

My squad
    Ddg/fab
    bong/Morgan/legenue/Fernandez/lowton
    Salah/son/willian/gross/mahrez
    Lukaku/PEA/Austin

His squad
    Ddg/Elliot
    Robertson/azpi/mustafi/Jones/babies
    Salah/Miki/Sterling/fernandino/tpt
    Jesus/firmino/j Ayew

I have FH and BB. Him just the BB.

I feel I'm well set to have a decent DGW34 team with no hits required. FH then 35 and most likely BB 37.

Update : gap now down to 49 points my 32 v his 25 this week and a 4 point hit for him (his first of the season!)

Big week incoming as I have 10DGW players and two FTs. He has just 5 currently and one FT. Course we all know the perils of relying on DGW players......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

FA to review Kane’s goal today... Any chance if the award it to him Fantasy Football change their points or am I clutching at straws?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

MrMac84 wrote: »
    FA to review Kane’s goal today... Any chance if the award it to him Fantasy Football change their points or am I clutching at straws?

This is garbage if he gets it.Where you see are they reviewing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

No chance.

Its the equivalent of a red card being rescinded. No changes will be made to FF.

I will be absolutely raging if it's changed back now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    I will be absolutely raging if it's changed back now

He's the darling of the national team. I expect it will be changed and credited to him. No good for those of us who captained him, either way! :pac:

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    He's the darling of the national team. I expect it will be changed and credited to him. No good for those of us who captained him, either way! :pac:

There is no new video evidence
    So if they felt they could prove he didn't touch it Saturday and therefore take the goal way then it should not be changed
    As I said Saturday the goal was originally awarded to him . So the video evidence had to prove he didn't touch it imo to take the goal away(as was the case with other simslr goals which stood ). I don't think the video did that so it should have been left as a Kane goal.
    If it's now changed because he says so with the same video evidence available it's crazy.
    It would also be unprecedented so who knows what will happen

This is garbage if he gets it.Where you see are they reviewing it.

It’s on the radio today that the FA will review today and announce tomorrow their desicion

Let’s be clear. I’m not saying he did or did not touch it. As someone who scored 14 points in total last week any chance of Kane scoring and as my captain would be HUGE. I obviously hope it’s awarded to him “if” fantasy football will award him the points aswell

Remember that time FF broke their own rules by changing an assist AND bonus the day after the gameweek had ended
    I do ;)

Their rules mean nothing

manual_man wrote: »

"Tottenham have lodged an appeal to the Premier League in a bid to ensure Harry Kane is credited for their second goal against Stoke, according to Sky sources."

"Obviously as a striker, it would be great to win the Golden Boot again and I will keep working hard from now until the end of the season. I swear on my daughter’s life that I touched the ball! But there’s nothing I can d

Here’s the comments.

I only hope he gets it if Fantasy Football will credit it to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I captained him myself but after all the replays I don't think he touched it. I think Kane is deluding himself into believing he touched it in his desperation to get the golden boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

If he gets the goal I want that Mustafi assist :pac:

Don't they only have 24 hours to review it?

-=al=- wrote: »
    If he gets the goal I want that Mustafi assist :pac:

Don't they only have 24 hours to review it?

So they say
    But they make the rules !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm still nervous about losing my Shaq assist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Those without Salah have to be very nervous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Islander13 wrote:
    Those without Salah have to be very nervous!

Good chance he'll be rested at wkd I think

[quote="Benimar;106689441"

Almost 4 full days rest, then 8 days to the next game after that.[/quote]
    ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool

He can't possibly rest him when there's no one else to score the goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Suspect he will play this weekend try wrap up top 4 asap. The next 2 weeks either side of 2 legs will be dodgy. The West Brom game probably get moved from Sunday to Saturday early kickoff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

So how does City's CL exit effect our planning?

Presumably they go relatively full strength until the end of the season - nothing else to play for and Pep will really want to make a point and save face by making this City side the best ever in the league by first going past Chelsea's 95 point record and then going past the 100 point mark.

You might still expect a degree of rotation as it's Pep, and I'll probably steer clear of the Jesus / Aguero situation, but the likes of Sterling and Sane become very viable options again.

I had a plan to take a punt on B. Silva under the prediction City would progress in the CL but will have to revise that plan.

Sterling has obviously been the standout performer, but feels like Sane has been hitting a bit of form of late.

KDB obviously has the nailed on value but don't think I can afford him.

Then there is also the defence to consider.

Which City assets will you be bringing in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Morzadec wrote: »
    So how does City's CL exit effect our planning?

Presumably they go relatively full strength until the end of the season - nothing else to play for and Pep will really want to make a point and save face by making this City side the best ever in the league by first going past Chelsea's 95 point record and then going past the 100 point mark.

You might still expect a degree of rotation as it's Pep, and I'll probably steer clear of the Jesus / Aguero situation, but the likes of Sterling and Sane become very viable options again.

I had a plan to take a punt on B. Silva under the prediction City would progress in the CL but will have to revise that plan.

Sterling has obviously been the standout performer, but feels like Sane has been hitting a bit of form of late.

KDB obviously has the nailed on value but don't think I can afford him.

Then there is also the defence to consider.

Which City assets will you be bringing in?

I think with Fernandinho's suspension for the next two. Gundogan will play 6 so Dilva guaranteed to play the offensive 8. He's the man for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Goals get changed by the dubious goals panel all the time. Zero chance of it being added back on the site now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »

[quote="Benimar;106689441"

Almost 4 full days rest, then 8 days to the next game after that.
    ^[/quote]
    Do the Anfield Express have leaked teams every week? Can’t help but feel those being accurate would be invaluable over the next 2 gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Goals get changed by the dubious goals panel all the time. Zero chance of it being added back on the site now.

Except that one time when they decided the rules didn't matter! Hopefully whoever was in charge that day doesn't have Kane in their team now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Do the Anfield Express have leaked teams every week? Can’t help but feel those being accurate would be invaluable over the next 2 gameweeks.

Most weeks. I'll post it here if I get it. Some weeks its in the Liverpool thread aswell.

Advertisement