Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »
    Do the Anfield Express have leaked teams every week? Can’t help but feel those being accurate would be invaluable over the next 2 gameweeks.

Most weeks. I'll post it here if I get it. Some weeks its in the Liverpool thread aswell.
    I shall be following closely. I took Salah out last week but I wouldn’t be entirely against admitting defeat and bringing him back in if I decided he was very likely to start both this weekend and against West Brom. I’ll need to follow the draw for the semi finals and see how many days between West Brom and the first leg.

My immediate inclination is that he doesn’t start both games, but a leaked lineup and a favourable fixture time might sway me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Both games before the Semi Final are 12:30 on the Saturday

Should not need to rest anyone

That said, they play the current bottom 2 teams in the league so would be the ideal time to rest anyone with a little niggle

I think the players will want to play every game - pushing for Semi Final places now, especially in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Be careful about Anfield Express though. They're not always right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Justice for Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

All to late for us captainers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

#FPL Managers...

While Spurs' 2nd goal v Stoke has been awarded to @HKane after a further review, this will not be re-assigned in #FPL in accordance with the game's rules: https://t.co/ujGsEa6Xez https://t.co/IsgI6en0Fu

What an absolute all round joke

If they thought he touched it then it should have been awarded Saturday
    There is no new video evidence
    So Saturday they thought he didn’t touch it and despite not being able to prove he didn’t took the goal away
    Few days later randomly award it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TYpical FA bias. Let's just move on

manual_man wrote: »

“They took his testimony into account “ apparently
    Ridiculous decision tbh

No new video evidence since they reviewed first
    So as I said at the time they really should have made sure they had enough video evidence to prove he DIDNT touch it before taking it away once it was awarded to him .
    Now they are suddenly seeing a touch they couldn’t see Saturday ?
    Ridiculous and very annoying from a FF POV

I wonder will bookies pay out if people backed him ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

manual_man wrote:

Won't. Sleep. Tonight.

https://twitter.com/22mosalah/status/984102734117920768?s=20

The golden boot race is real
    Making me have second thoughts about playing TC before 37

• Advertisement

Makes me feel a bit better about still having Salah all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hope Salah gets 10 goals against Bournemouth now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Well Kane is a much better player than Salah to be fair.

km79 wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »

“They took his testimony into account “ apparently
    Ridiculous decision tbh

No new video evidence since they reviewed first
    So as I said at the time they really should have made sure they had enough video evidence to prove he DIDNT touch it before taking it away once it was awarded to him .
    Now they are suddenly seeing a touch they couldn’t see Saturday ?
    Ridiculous and very annoying from a FF POV

I wonder will bookies pay out if people backed him ......
    I don’t think your logic here is right, the goal was marked as TBC pretty much immediately. This isn’t a criminal case so it’s not a thing where you have to find indisputable proof that he didn’t touch it. If you check it in detail and don’t see him touching it you don’t give the goal.

The FA have decided to give the England number 1 striker a goal, that there is pretty much no evidence he scored, and if I was Salah and I cared at all about that golden boot (he might not) id be mighty pissed off about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Whether he touched it or not is irrelevant now. He has been officially awarded a premier league goal yet we don't get points in FPL. Ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Whether he touched it or not is irrelevant now. He has been officially awarded a premier league goal yet we don't get points in FPL. Ridiculous

Yup it’s an absolute farce

You know this happens frequently right? The dubious goals panel change things often enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The dubious goal panel are a dubious bunch.

The dubious goal panel are a dubious bunch.
    That much is certain now. If we can’t see you score a goal, but you say you scored it, it’s yours now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

That much is certain now. If we can’t see you score a goal, but you say you scored it, it’s yours now?

If you have a daughter whose life depends on it, yes :)

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I so, so hope Salah wins the Golden Boot now. And the POTY. And the Champions League. And the World Cup.

Benimar wrote: »

The whole thing makes Kane look a tiny bit petty. Imagine the Twitter furore if Balotelli was out swearing on his family’s life that he scored a goal that other people had logically concluded he hadn’t touched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Dac_Nnlv_Xk_AE_q_Ok.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

The whole thing makes Kane look a tiny bit petty. Imagine the Twitter furore if Balotelli was out swearing on his family’s life that he scored a goal that other people had logically concluded he hadn’t touched.

He wants to leave and wants Real so another goalden boot will help that.

He wants to leave and wants Real so another goalden boot will help that.
    I have no idea whether that first part is true, but having a tantrum over your teammate being awarded a goal is serious bedwetter stuff. Just a week before you had Aubameyang letting his mate who hadn’t score in a while take a penalty, while he’s on a hattrick. Some difference in mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

More importantly we know Harry will be motivated for a GW37 TC, regardless of league position.

More importantly we know Harry will be motivated for a GW37 TC, regardless of league position.
    Yeah he is a must from GW36 onwards

I have no idea whether that first part is true, but having a tantrum over your teammate being awarded a goal is serious bedwetter stuff. Just a week before you had Aubameyang letting his mate who hadn’t score in a while take a penalty, while he’s on a hattrick. Some difference in mentality.

Auba was also my captain
    As was Kane

I want points

• Advertisement

I don’t think your logic here is right, the goal was marked as TBC pretty much immediately. This isn’t a criminal case so it’s not a thing where you have to find indisputable proof that he didn’t touch it. If you check it in detail and don’t see him touching it you don’t give the goal.

The FA have decided to give the England number 1 striker a goal, that there is pretty much no evidence he scored, and if I was Salah and I cared at all about that golden boot (he might not) id be mighty pissed off about that.

That’s the thing though it wasn’t
    It was put down by FPL as a Kane goal immediately
    No mention of tbc or review

The **** hit the fan after a while though thanks to sky
    Stupid sky

Advertisement