Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

If Salah is reclassified it would be due to the sheer number of goals he scored rather than the position he plays.
    That wouldn't be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If salah was a fwd he would end up doing better in the bonus pts calculation but would obviously be losing a pt per goal and the clean sheet bonus.

I've worked it it as him scoring 28 less points if he was a forward this year. Still well ahead of Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Fantasy Football was designed around 4-4-2. The 4 positions in the game were designed in a time when most teams played:

GK
    DF DF DF DF
    MD MD MD MD
    FD FD

Nowadays most teams play some form of wingbacks, and attacking midfielders. You either have the Chelsea:

GK
    DF DF DF
    WB MD MD MD WB
    AM AM
    FD

or the Man Utd/City

GK
    DF DF DF DF
    MD MD
    AM AM AM
    FWD

With WB (wingbacks) should they be classified as defenders or mids (see Moses going from Def to Mid last year)

With AM (Attacking mids), you have players essentially playing the same position being classified differently (Sanchez a Mid, Rashford a Fwd).

Should all AM's be classified as mids? They probably should, but it means there's going to be less and less strikers for us to chose from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Other players listed as strikers but play wide or deeper -

Welbeck, King, Rooney, Quaner, Okazaki, Perez,

But in seasons past they have actually been centre forwards. They could easily be changed to minds next season though as hard to see them getting much time playing cf now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I was thinking about Arnie and as per your previous post he is listed as a midfielder from his Stoke days.

If Moyes leaves in the summer then we could see Arnie back out on the left next season but listed as a striker so a poor OOP.

If Carroll stays fit he’ll play in the centre next season with Arnie on the left and maybe Antonio on the right.

It would be a shame as he’d only be in 2-3% of teams if listed as a striker.

Edit - so will Rashford be listed as a midfielder next season ?

West Ham would be nuts to consider moving Arnie from a central forward position imo.

He's been phenomenal there.

He's a supremely talented player but needs that freedom and excemption from defensive duties. Let him be the star up there.

He'll never make it to a top club despite his talent because he needs to be used like this to get the best from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I can't believe they listed Rooney as a forward again this season. He hasn't played as an out-and-out striker for like 5 years! They have to change him to a midfielder next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Is Salah and Firmino likely to be rested this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Big Borg wrote: »
    Is Salah and Firmino likely to be rested this weekend?

If they lose Chelsea will be uncomfortably close should they win at the same time. Thats what we have to ponder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Surely Firmino rested with Salah getting 60-70 mins to get the job done then bring on Klavan to shut up shop... hopefully better than last day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

-=al=- wrote: »
    Surely Firmino rested with Salah getting 60-70 mins to get the job done then bring on Klavan to shut up shop... hopefully better than last day

Hopefully not! The taking Salah off strategy has backfired badly twice already this week.

Klopp was furious after the game with WBA as he knew they would have to take the Stoke game seriously now, I think he goes full strength - maybe leave out Milner if he can find another living, breathing midfielder to play:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

-=al=- wrote: »

I really need that leaked team before I decide on whether to sell VVd for a hit or not
    If I don't do it this week I may not do it at all which means he will be part of my BB away to Chelsea. So I probably will!!!!
    If Danny rose gets ruled out for another week or 2 I definitely will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

bit of advice please. I have both TC and BB left but can't decide when to use them. Without hits I can have 10 double GW players in GW37. So can get 25 playing that week. On the face of it it looks like I should play BB that week then. But I'm now thinking unless you have 12 or more doublers is there any real benefit in BBing on a double GW?

If I BB in GW37 I get 25 players out, plus the 11 in GW36. So that's 36 players over the 2 GWs.
    However, if I BB in GW36 I get 15 players out, then 21 players in GW37. 36 players again, same difference.

Then I could TC Jesus in a double GW.

Are all the people saving their BB for a double GW really going with 12+ players? I'd be surprised.

These are my lads if it makes a difference to things....

Foster Adrian
    Zanka Robertson Mariappa Mustafi Smalling
    Walcott Salah Shaqiri McArthur Sterling
    Abuamayang Jesus Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You are right, set up the subs bench for both weeks and decide

The only benefit of doing it in the double is to mitigate against rotation (assuming you have doublers starting). If a starter doesn't play in a single you are "wasting" a bench boost place. This is less likely to happen when doubles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

kilburn wrote:
    Finally have time to run my team by you guys and gals !

kilburn wrote:
    BB 37

kilburn wrote:
    DDG Fabianski Chilwell Davies Long Mariappa Dummet Salah Zaha Sterling Arnie Iwobi Kane Jesus Vardy

kilburn wrote:
    Ideally need to shift Long, Mariappa and not sure on Iwobi but he is a differential

Forgive me for moving this here but the wildcard thread is bereft of regulars !

Any thoughts chasing a 58pt lead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I wouldn't be surprised and could understand if Salah was listed as a striker next season. He plays very similar to Messi, and Messi certainly wouldn't be listed as a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised and could understand if Salah was listed as a striker next season. He plays very similar to Messi, and Messi certainly wouldn't be listed as a midfielder.
    They’re not going to change someone from midfield to forward unless they’re literally playing as a striker.

Sterling, Sanchez, Martial, Walcott, Richarlison, Mane, Zaha all to follow? They’ve set a precedent with the inside forward position and they shouldn’t tear it up just because this inside forward scored more goals than they usually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

CSF wrote: »
    They’re not going to change someone from midfield to forward unless they’re literally playing as a striker.

Sterling, Sanchez, Martial, Walcott, Richarlison, Mane, Zaha all to follow? They’ve set a precedent with the inside forward position and they shouldn’t tear it up just because this inside forward scored more goals than they usually do.

I was in the middle of typing Yes they should relist most of the players you mentioned, until I saw your point of them already setting a precedent. They moved Martial to midfield didn't they? And Mane has always been listed as a mid. Can't see many wide players in the Striker section currently so actually my view has now changed :) Salah to remain as a mid! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Andy Carroll allegedly had a bust up with Moyes. Hopefully it's true and he won't get in Arnie's way for the next two gameweeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Will Danny Simpson get back in this week do we think?

I’ve simpson & Chilwell (whu ars)
    Lowton (ars)
    Dummet (tot wat)
    Mariappa (new)

Must play 3/5

FPL website not loading for me.

Anyone else having same problem ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fine here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Clear you cookies .

Been trying for nearly an hour.

Then I post on here.

Then it loads.

Cheers.

Been trying for nearly an hour.

Then I post on here.

Then it loads.

Cheers.

Now it’s fcuking about again and not loading.

Cookies cleared and all that Jazz.

Maybe I shouldn’t take the -12. Is the universe trying to help ? Or is it just taking the pïss ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sleep on it. Unless your tight for cash and absolutely have to do it tonight.

Sleep on it. Unless your tight for cash and absolutely have to do it tonight.

No I’m loaded but time zones mean I have to make my decision today (Or tonight Irish time).

It’s loading again but it’s definitely iffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Will Danny Simpson get back in this week do we think?

I’ve simpson & Chilwell (whu ars)
    Lowton (ars)
    Dummet (tot wat)
    Mariappa (new)

Must play 3/5

Any thoughts lads?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any thoughts lads?

Simpson will play imo. The experiment with Albrighton at right back looks to be over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Sterling or Sane ?

Advertisement