Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

manual_man wrote: »
    That's tricky. Alot to contend with especially in defense. Pogba may not play also. I think you should be looking at a -4 anyway. Pogba to Arnie Chilwell to Robertson off the top of my head.

Is a - 4 to sell a player my opponent has a bad move? I mean shouldn’t I keep them all as blockers or is that too simplistic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is a - 4 to sell a player my opponent has a bad move? I mean shouldn’t I keep them all as blockers or is that too simplistic?

Look, your opponent may even sell Pogba :p I just don't see him starting after playing 90 in both games gw37(and gw36 too) and with the fa cup final to come. Up to you ultimately. Robertson is a no-brainer I think anyway. But chances are one transfer won't cover you for 11 starters. Up to you what you want to do after that.

manual_man wrote: »
    Look, your opponent may even sell Pogba :p I just don't see him starting after playing 90 in both games gw37(and gw36 too) and with the fa cup final to come. Up to you ultimately. Robertson is a no-brainer I think anyway. But chances are one transfer won't cover you for 11 starters. Up to you what you want to do after that.

Ya Robertson is a good call and is another blocker aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Right lads I’m looking for advise on how to play this
    DeGea (Wat- rested for Romero)
    Ryan (pool)
    Chilwell (injured Spurs)
    Simpson (injured Spurs)
    Mariappa (United dropped last match)
    Lowton (Bou)
    Dummet (Chelsea)
    Salah (Bri)
    Willian (Newcastle )
    Pogba (Wat)
    Sterling (Sou)
    Gudmonson (Bou)
    Barnes (injured Bou)
    Kane (Leicester)
    Jesus (Sou)

I’ve a 21 point lead and 1 Ft in my main money league. I’m not sure what team to play or what transfers to do so some help be great please lads

His squad is currently with 1 Ft
    De Gea Foster
    Robertson lacessles Davies Zanka Frances
    Salah Pogba Willian Sterling Kennedy
    Vardy Kane J Ayew

Thanks a lot lads!

I'd do ddg to Romero and chilwell to milner .

I'd do ddg to Romero and chilwell to milner .

And take the -4?
    Why Milner over Robertson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

And take the -4?

At least as likely to start, plays further forward, on set pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Do we think Robertson will start. He’s been rested before every CL game lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

remoteboy wrote: »

Very likely Klopp plays full strength against Brighton. 2 week gap to CL final, last chance to field the same team he wants to play in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

remoteboy wrote: »

It will be a full strength team. Not a shadow of a doubt about it.

And take the -4?

Looking at it again although I think milner is the best defender pick in the game this week it probably isn't the ideal move for your circumstances. Simpson and chilwell to Robertson matches your opponent and a palace defender probably makes more sense as you have Ryan to play so maybe no need for a gk transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Play J Ayew or take a - 4 punt on Smalling to Milner?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

dahat wrote: »
    Play J Ayew or take a - 4 punt on Smalling to Milner?

I'd play Jordan tbh, but that's just me. :)

Looking at it again although I think milner is the best defender pick in the game this week it probably isn't the ideal move for your circumstances. Simpson and chilwell to Robertson matches your opponent and a palace defender probably makes more sense as you have Ryan to play so maybe no need for a gk transfer.

Ya I’m thinking Robertson to block him and if I was going - 4 getting a palace player I’d have 4.9 mil who would you get?
    Could just do Chilwell to Robertson with no hit and start
    DeGea/Ryan
    Robertson Dummet Lowton
    Salah Pog Gud Sterling Willian
    Kane Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'd play Jordan tbh, but that's just me. :)

Forgot I had VVD so likely to play Ayew but he was brutal last Gameweek.

Anyone.catch Peps conference? Is Sane likely to be rested this week? Really need him to match or out score Sterling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

dahat wrote: »
    Forgot I had VVD so likely to play Ayew but he was brutal last Gameweek.

Anyone.catch Peps conference? Is Sane likely to be rested this week? Really need him to match or out score Sterling.

He was, but they are also playing Stoke at home this weekend so who knows really.

No matter what decision you make anyway it'll most likely be the wrong one looking at how the last few weeks have gone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

Hi peeps,

Soz to be annoying, but any body know how to check if opponents have chips left? cant see it on his transfer history (apart from wildcard played)

Trying to stalk him down for cash, have 20 points to make up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Hi peeps,

Soz to be annoying, but any body know how to check if opponents have chips left? cant see it on his transfer history (apart from wildcard played)

Yeah it's on their gameweek history on desktop site :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hi peeps,

It should list chips played and when on the history page. If it's not there suggests it hasn't been used. Bit annoying if that is the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

Thanks for the replies, yea its under "View Game Week History" .

The bugger still has bench boost left to play :(

Probably not the best week to use that chip, however, at least worth 6 points minimum. so that going to be 26 I,m going to have to make up if I,m going to win the league title.

Who played through the middle for utd when they played Brighton martial or rashford.

• Advertisement

Who played through the middle for utd when they played Brighton martial or rashford.

SofaScore had Martial lined up on the left with Rashford through the middle and the heat maps would back that up.

Ya as above Martial was cf but I follow united and 3/4’s of our lads are on holidays. We looked brutal last few games. If it was me I wouldn’t buy any of our strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ya as above Martial was cf but I follow united and 3/4’s of our lads are on holidays. We looked brutal last few games. If it was me I wouldn’t buy any of our strikers

I'd second this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thanks for the replies, yea its under "View Game Week History" .

The bugger still has bench boost left to play :(

Probably not the best week to use that chip, however, at least worth 6 points minimum. so that going to be 26 I,m going to have to make up if I,m going to win the league title.
    This is the one week it probably isn't, likely 2 of his players minimum will be dropped

Ya I’m thinking Robertson to block him and if I was going - 4 getting a palace player I’d have 4.9 mil who would you get?
    Could just do Chilwell to Robertson with no hit and start
    DeGea/Ryan
    Robertson Dummet Lowton
    Salah Pog Gud Sterling Willian
    Kane Jesus
    Thinking I might just bring Robertson in for Chilwell and not do a -4 and hope vardy stays quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Any word on Dilva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Surprised to see some are considering using their FT and taking hits for defenders.

I've no keeper (DDG and fodder) and 2 defenders definitely out but I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Surprised to see some are considering using their FT and taking hits for defenders.

I've no keeper (DDG and fodder) and 2 defenders definitely out but I couldn't care less.

Wanna make sure I field 11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Took the eye off the ball a bit the last few GW’s.....only after realizing I have TC left....have it on Salah as I think Pool will raise their game tomorrow.

Have Kane and Jesus in the ranks as well but think I will stick with Mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

10 points behind in my money league. The guy in the lead will almost certainly captain Salah tomorrow. I think Salah is the obvious choice and should earn the most points.
    Should I also captain Salah and hope my other players make up the difference or do I captain Kane who he doesn't have as I'm chasing?
    I feel this one decision could make all the difference!

Advertisement