Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

1160161162163164166»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

^^^ I did say "at least" 12 or 12.5.

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

People do have to remember that it’s still only one season from Salah though. Lampard, Kane, Henry, Van Persie, Aguero and Ronaldo were getting there after a number of high scoring seasons.

There is no reason other than recency bias to price Salah any higher than 13 mil. 12.5 as a midfielder is the correct price imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

He will be down as a forward next season, which may slightly hamper his scoring potentail

He will be down as a forward next season, which may slightly hamper his scoring potentail
    Based on all precedent that is very unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Morzadec wrote: »
    I have no doubt he will be hugely priced ("overpriced" is more subjective) and it will be the first big decision we all make when we start playing next season.

Talk of 12.0 or 12.5 is optimistic imo.

We're talking about the best ever FF season.

Ronaldo was I believe 13.0 after his big season. Kane was 12.5 as a striker after a less fruitful season. We've seen Aguero as high as 13.0 too.

The only counter argument you could say for him to be lower is that it is "just" one season, so is his consistency less proven than the above examples?

Still, given the huge points total, I would be flabbergasted if he went lower than 13.0

My prediction would be 13.5 (as a midfielder of course). I wouldn't be at all surprised with 14.0 though.

I feel that it this price it's nicely poised (as the quoted poster says, it will make it interesting) as it will be a really tough call whether to spunk such a huge amount of the budget on him, or to risk going without.

12.0 or 12.5 isn't too interesting imo, you'd be a bit mad not to snap him up (at least at the start) at that price.

I'd like to see him at 13 or 13.5 that way it's a decision. If he came in at 13 and next season ended with a ppg ~7.5 I'd be happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You say that with such conviction! Very few playing a similar role have been changed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It may come down to a decision between either having Harry Kane or Mo Salah in their team though, and not both. Let's say both will be 12.5m next season, spending a quarter of your budget on two players just may not be justifiable at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wilberto wrote: »
    It may come down to a decision between either having Harry Kane or Mo Salah in their team though, and not both. Let's say both will be 12.5m next season, spending a quarter of your budget on two players just may not be justifiable at all.

I’ll choose Kane and captain him week after week no matter what
    Cos I’m a dumbass

km79 wrote: »
    Cos I’m a dumbass

There's a masochist in all of us. :pac: :)

Cos I’m a dumbass
    Being honest, if you were offered evens on both in a goalscorer bet for next season (voided if either player leaves), you'd be picking Kane in that bet right?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Being honest, if you were offered evens on both in a goalscorer bet for next season (voided if either player leaves), you'd be picking Kane in that bet right?

I would
    And I’m only half joking
    If they are both 12 ml I’ll prob just get Kane :D
    And mane

I have learnt NOTHING from my pre Xmas shambles

I would
    And I’m only half joking
    If they are both 12 ml I’ll prob just get Kane :D
    And mane

I have learnt NOTHING from my pre Xmas shambles
    Whats to learn from? Kane has a much higher mean to regress to. I am certainly not predicting the demise of Mo Salah, but it wouldn't take a gigantic price for me to bet on him not scoring 32 goals again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Cos I’m a dumbass

From September onward though, right? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Id be far ore interested to see what price they have Abua at, he was incredible in the 12 games he played and in FF terms scored on average a point every 12 mins compared to Kane who was a point every 14 mins.

CSF wrote: »
    Whats to learn from? Kane has a much higher mean to regress to. I am certainly not predicting the demise of Mo Salah, but it wouldn't take a gigantic price for me to bet on him not scoring 32 goals again.

That is a good lesson too. But what I've been learning more and more about FPL is that there are no universal truths. Next season you try to learn the lessons from the season before and go for the guy who has been scoring loads and all of a sudden he stops, and the guy with the rich history starts banging them in again, and you just want to bang your head against the walls.

Like, luck is obviously not the biggest factor towards success in the game, but it is also such a huge thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Hi folks, hope you are all well. Some of you were part of my Elite64 mini-league this season. I'm putting the league together for next season and I'm looking for managers with an excellent FPL history. The minimum entry requirement is two Top 10k finishes. If you think you are worthy of a place, send me an email with your team ID to thefplgeneral@gmail.com or better still, send me a DM on Twitter @FPLGeneral. I'm adding a qualifier league as well next season where another 64 managers will battle it out for promotion to Elite64 itself. Here's a link to this season's league: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/leagues/standings/7946/classic. Enjoy the break and the World Cup. Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    So how'd you spend your bank holiday Shineon?

'Well I sorted out my FPL strategy for the run in by using Cartman's spreadsheet to key in all my rivals teams and took note of their remaining chips,
    and despite being 5th in a 7 horse race currently, I'll be spending the week informing some of my 6 friends that Paddy Power has declared me favourite for the title come May.
    I'll be telling a couple of bed wetters than they are probably favourites for the W to induce said bed wetting,'

Sometimes I wish the people I play against try as hard I as do to beat them :P

I should be far more hated in that private league than I think I am, nothing to do with skill or lack thereof just due to pure abuse giving.

Following up on this

I spent the last few gameweeks sending my rivals 'live tables' threatening during matches about how fast I was approaching them to induce more bedwetting.

It worked to an extent I went top of my Main League for the first time this season in GW 37 but was pegged back in the final GW, and end up finishing 3rd. I didn't get far enough ahead where I could take transfer hits to block their big hitters so my differential team that took me to the dance fared worse in GW38.

I had no real business being near the top after a dismal season, so I made my own fun.
    I shall now spend the summer refusing to recognise the league winner's victory and refer to myself as the 'Peoples' Champion' until August, and of course in the third person at all times from now on.

Shineon takes mind games very seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hi folks, hope you are all well. Some of you were part of my Elite64 mini-league this season. I'm putting the league together for next season and I'm looking for managers with an excellent FPL history. The minimum entry requirement is two Top 10k finishes. If you think you are worthy of a place, send me an email with your team ID to thefplgeneral@gmail.com or better still, send me a DM on Twitter @FPLGeneral. I'm adding a qualifier league as well next season where another 64 managers will battle it out for promotion to Elite64 itself. Here's a link to this season's league: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/leagues/standings/7946/classic. Enjoy the break and the World Cup. Mark.
    I was in this league last year its great. Anyone that has a good history try and get into it. Its free entry and lots of high profile managers in it and this year there was a very generous prize fund.

Advertisement