Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

First post of 17-18 season....haven't gone onto FPL site but see a lot of people starting with both Kane and Lukaku upfront.Isn't Kane usuallly very slow to get going each season?....and it might take Lukaku a while to settle in at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yea very true and Wembley also for Kane.

I'd like to choose one but the % of ownership for both is just too damn high. It's easier to start with them them drop one if they don't fire. They're so expensive that you'd need surgery to get them in if they do start with a bang and you don't have 'em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

-=al=- wrote: »
    Yea very true and Wembley also for Kane.

I'd like to choose one but the % of ownership for both is just too damn high. It's easier to start with them them drop one if they don't fire. They're so expensive that you'd need surgery to get them in if they do start with a bang and you don't have 'em

Exactly. Both are must-haves for me. I'd also planned Jesus and Sanchez but my first squad with all four is fairly ugly. One of the latter two has to go so I'm watching the Sanchez situation with interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Am I blind or is Callum Chambers not in Arsenals FPL squad?

Linked with CPL and I just looked to check his price but can't see him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Am I blind or is Callum Chambers not in Arsenals FPL squad?

Linked with CPL and I just looked to check his price but can't see him..

No, you're right he's not there, strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

No, you're right he's not there, strange

Must have forgot him with Boro being relegated. Probably would have been 5.0 but would have been a nice 4.5 if that Palace move went through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Wondering do we need to change the title on the main pay league thread ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Miki scored against last night . Think I'll switch him for pogba. .......
    Lukaku also scored
    United won 2 1
    Valencia sent off but won't be suspended
    Romero played first 45 Pereira second 45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

km79 wrote: »
    Miki scored against last night . Think I'll switch him for pogba. .......
    Lukaku also scored
    United won 2 1
    Valencia sent off but won't be suspended
    Romero played first 45 Pereira second 45

Mhki also assisted Lukaku.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Mhki also assisted Lukaku.

He is having a good preseason no doubt but I'll still wait to see how they live out closer to start of season
    Super cup will be helpful
    Pogba won't be rotated Miki will this is the problem

• Advertisement

FPL New additions - Bakayoko (Mid, 5.0), Martina (Def, 4.5), Haidara (Def, 4.0), de Jong (Mid, 5.0), Aarons (Mid, 4.5), Hegazi (Def, 4.5)

De Jong at 5ml is VERY interesting IF he stays fit
    Martina when evertins first 6 are over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

FPL New additions - Bakayoko (Mid, 5.0), Martina (Def, 4.5), Haidara (Def, 4.0), de Jong (Mid, 5.0), Aarons (Mid, 4.5), Hegazi (Def, 4.5)

When is Joe Hart likely to be added ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

When is Joe Hart likely to be added ?

Shouldn't he still be in City's squad, given he was only on loan to Torino?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Shouldn't he still be in City's squad, given he was only on loan to Torino?

I thought that, but not listed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Same as Calum Chambers he's not in Arsenal list on fpl.

I'm sure they'll be added at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

kilburn wrote: »
    Wondering do we need to change the title on the main pay league thread ?

There has been a new one set up. It's further down the list of threads as there's been no new posts for the last several days.

I think the name is throwing people though and they dont realise its the normal annual pay league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I think it includes all pay leagues and leagues offering prizes.

EDIT: Oh sorry you mean the Boards Pay league right? Yeah maybe it could be changed to a more suitable title.

Fpl tweeting about fabregas now
    RaisIng awareness about all our little secrets :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mané back in full training next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Its a Knockaert life

Proud of that one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

manual_man wrote: »
    Its a Knockaert life

Proud of that one :)

Love it!

My favourite from the FF pay league signs ups so far is Patmacs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

kilburn wrote: »
    My favourite from the FF pay league signs ups so far is Patmacs :p

Had it a few years it came from Dyslexic Rindercella
    Rindercella and her sugly isters lived in a marge lansion. Rindercella worked very hard - frubbing scloors, emptying poss pits, and shivelling shot. At the end of the day she was nucking fackered. The sugly isters were right bugly astards. One was called Mary Hinge, and the other was called Betty Swollocks. They were really forrible huckers, and had fetty sweet and fetty swannies.

The sugly isters had tickets to go to the ball, but the cotton runts wouldn't let Rindercella go. Suddenly there was a bucking fang and her gairy fodmother appeared. Her name was Shairy Hithole, and she was a light rucking fesbian. She turned a pumpkin and six mite whice into a hucking cuge farriage with six dandy ronkeys who had buge hollocks and dig bicks.

The gairy fodmother told Rindercella to be back by dimnight otherwise there would be a cucking falamity. At the ball Rindercella was dancing with the prandsome hince when suddenly the clock struck twelve. "Miste all chucking frighty!" said Rindercella, and she ran out tripping barse over ollocks, so dropping her slass glipper.

Next day the prandsome hince knocked on Rindercella's door and the sugly isters let him in. Suddenly Betty Swollocks lifted her leg and let off a fig bart. "Who's fust jarted?" asked the prandsome hince. "Blame that fugly ucker over there" said Mary Hinge. When the stinking brown cloud had lifted, the prandsome hince tried the slass glipper on both the sugly isters without success. Their feet stucking funk.

Betty Swollocks was ducking fisgusted and gave the prandsome hince a nack in the kickers. This was not difficult as he had bucking fuge halls and a hig bard on. He tried the slass glipper on Rindercella and it fitted pucking ferfectly. Rindercella and the prandsome hince were married. The hince lived his life in lucking fuxury, and Rindercella lived hers with a follen swanny.

And they all lived happily ever after.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jeez the sign-ups for League Two are flying in, resigned myself to another year in the ghetto Qualifying League :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Jeez the sign-ups for League Two are flying in, resigned myself to another year in the ghetto Qualifying League :P

Hopefully some of them get promoted due to non sign ups in higher leagues. I think that ends up filtering down to the qualifying league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Having failed to finish off a team name using a former LOI legend (Dunk N'do ****) as I couldn't find a player called Nuts, I've now settled on Faith No More tribute "King Fer A Gray".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Having failed to finish off a team name using a former LOI legend (Dunk N'do ****) as I couldn't find a player called Nuts, I've now settled on Faith No More tribute "King Fer A Gray".

He's playing junior soccer in Mayo these days, hope to be playing him next year if he doesn't hang up the boots.

Edit: Dunk N'do Fuchs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

BREAKING: @WestHamUtd expected to sign @CH14_ from @bayer04fussball "in a matter of days" - Sky sources. #SSN

Javier Hernandez to West Ham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I though I'd read De Jong was sold?
    I had a punt on him 2 seasons ago but he ran into injuries early on in the season.

Advertisement