Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sanchez will be sold :eek::eek:
    3 days of mourning will be declared if he is gone..

Flags outside FPL Towers to be flown at half-mast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

It will probably make teams less varied too
    One less big hitter to squeeze in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

This is awful, I can't even finish my doughnut........well maybe later:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

GettyImages.630209354.jpg

It'll be a sad sad day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Looked inevitable to me. Unless Arsenal dug their heals in and kept a really unhappy player on board for the season, which would have been a very dodgy move to make imo. There were 5/6 games around March last season where Sanchez was appalling, barely tried a leg, and it was clear he was done with Arsenal *even though he was still clocking up a few ff points*. It was the reason I went without him for the last couple of months, and obviously got scalded for that!!

Sanchez private messaged me a gif on boards when he found out I axed him last season. Taunting little fecker.

giphy.gif

It would have been very interesting FF wise if Sanchez had been forced to stay the season, while at the same time making it clear that he wanted away. Would many have stuck by him FF wise then? I wouldn't have touched him in that situation, so it probably saves me getting scalded again!

btw, are PSG on the verge of signing Sanchez and Neymar now? Holy jebus.

• Advertisement

McBain11 wrote: »
    Looked inevitable to me. Unless Arsenal dug their heals in and kept a really unhappy player on board for the season, which would have been a very dodgy move to make imo. There were 5/6 games around March last season where Sanchez was appalling, barely tried a leg, and it was clear he was done with Arsenal *even though he was still clocking up a few ff points*. It was the reason I went without him for the last couple of months, and obviously got scalded for that!!

It would have been very interesting FF wise if Sanchez had been forced to stay the season, while at the same time making it clear that he wanted away. Would many have stuck by him FF wise then? I wouldn't have touched him in that situation, so it probably saves me getting scalded again!

btw, are PSG on the verge of signing Sanchez and Neymar now? Holy jebus.

The manager has said they are trying to sign one of them or mbappe
    No way neymar moves imo - new contract for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Imagine they signed Neymar Sanchez and Mbappe. Just for sh*ts and giggles :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So Lukaku looked good last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Barkley to spurs apparently looking likely terms agreed just need to sort out a fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

SlickRic wrote: »
    So Lukaku looked good last night.

Mkhi assisted again playing as furtherest forward of midfielders. Was considering Pogba but for opening games but Mkhi is turning my head now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Mkhi assisted again playing as furtherest forward of midfielders. Was considering Pogba but for opening games but Mkhi is turning my head now.
    If Mkhi has a spot nailed down I'd put him down as a no-brainer really. Looking sharp.

It's a terribly hard call between Pogba and miki now
    Pogba will start every game, will have some set pieces BUT at the moment is too deep. That could change if they sign a DM buy needs to happen soon
    Miki is in great preseason form BUT he will be rotated . Maybe not as much for first few games though given the opposition and no champ league .......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

km79 wrote: »
    It's a terribly hard call between Pogba and miki now
    Pogba will start every game, will have some set pieces BUT at the moment is too deep. That could change if they sign a DM buy needs to happen soon
    Miki is in great preseason form BUT he will be rotated . Maybe not as much for first few games though given the opposition and no champ league .......

Utd do have champ league this year.
    You prob. mean early doors though.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Utd do have champ league this year.

Oh I know
    But not for first few games which is what I'm looking at
    Still I'd rather have to avoid a transfer so I'm still leaning towards Pogba

Oh I know

On Pogba too at the moment

But picturing 3 blanks in first 3 games and me wondering why I have an 8.0 Mourinho centre mid who only got 5 goals/4 assists last season stinking up my team while Coutinho or Sane are banging in double digit scores for their free scoring sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Oh I know

But picturing 3 blanks in first 3 games and me wondering why I have an 8.0 Mourinho centre mid who only got 5 goals/4 assists last season stinking up my team while Coutinho or Sane are banging in double digit scores for their free scoring sides.

It's a good point to be honest, I'm on Pogba at the moment and also have Lukaku, if United get off to a good start but only winning 1-0s, I would imagine the latter will be the more involved of the two. Great fixtures yes, but double United attack is a risky move IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,217 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Countinho is a point more expensive and I'd have question marks over Sane.

Sane, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, KDB and Sterling all vying for spots. Pogba is a nailed on starter, Sane is not.

Pogba had a poor season last year (stats wise) and got more FF points than Sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Barkley to spurs apparently looking likely terms agreed just need to sort out a fee

Has he dropped his deluded nonsense of wanting to be the highest paid player with Spurs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sanchez isn't leaving the Fantasy Football League this season guys, don't believe everything you read in the papers.

P.S G I love you.

Liverpool have rejected a £72m bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho. (Source: BBC Sport) https://t.co/ZBliO7CaV8

If Barca really want him he will go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sane, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, KDB and Sterling all vying for spots. Pogba is a nailed on starter, Sane is not.

Pogba had a poor season last year (stats wise) and got more FF points than Sane.

I was considering plumping for two City attacking mids for my team. I was assuming that Bernando Silva will be a banker considering the outlay (I know money isn't a problem for City), and KDB obviously.

B.Silva-KDB-Sane behind Jesus is my reckoning, with David Silva perhaps in a more withdrawn role ALA Cazorla.

Think I'll stick with B.Silva and Mkhi though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Really hoping draft goes live today

Ah I know - as I said I'm on Pog at the moment haven't got money for Coutinho and have me doubts on Sane too.

8.5m down is proving a difficult spot to fill - my preferred option would actually be Firmino but J-Rod is my favourite 6.0 player and taking up my third striker position. Knockaerts potential injury has taken away another option so that's why I'm back around to Pogba.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

stephenl15 wrote: »

Has to really, doubt they'll push the button tomorror or sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Looking for 2 defenders 4.5 and one maybe 5, have Cedric allready. any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Ben Mee and Kyle Naughton. Hard to pick certain starters at 4.5 this year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

stephenl15 wrote: »

What's this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Yedlin

Draft is live
    Don't think I'll be doing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Anyone tempted to go with Rashford instead of Lukaku?

He has looked good in pre-season.

Advertisement