Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I'm going with a strong, premium back 5 strategy this season (this will change as the season progresses and the attacking big guns settle down).

Hennessy (4mil GK)

Alonso Milner Walker Bertrand Dawson

Coutinho Salah Klaasen (5mil mid) (4.5mil)

Aguero Morata (4.5mil)

Last season a rival (casual) went with this strategy for the whole season. Ultimately long term it didn't finish well but for 1st half of season he built up a considerably lead.

Has anyone considered this strategy?

Double Liverpool mids?
    No Spurs or united ?
    evertons first 6 are stink too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

km79 wrote: »
    Double Liverpool mids?
    No Spurs or united ?
    evertons first 6 are stink too

No Spurs because of Wembley. I think it is better to steer away until we see how that adjust to new surroundings.

Not keen on Utd. The only thoughts would be Walker to Valencia but Utd players aren't strong FPL assets under Jose IMO

It was between Klaasen & Fabregas (this could change). I think they have a very good manager and will start the season well.

Liverpool will hopefully come flying out of the traps like last season

Who from Spurs or Utd would you introduce?

No Spurs because of Wembley. I think it is better to steer away until we see how that adjust to new surroundings.

Not keen on Utd. The only thoughts would be Walker to Valencia but Utd players aren't strong FPL assets under Jose IMO

It was between Klaasen & Fabregas (this could change). I think they have a very good manager and will start the season well.

Liverpool will hopefully come flying out of the traps like last season

Who from Spurs or Utd would you introduce?
    Outside of coutinho I don't like any of your front 5 tbh and I'm not even gone in him !
    You could find yourself wildcarding very soon to gain lost ground due to going without high ownership

A united defender for certain . Look at their fixtures and a lot of teams will have one .
    Lukaku - owned by over 50% of teams and will be highly captained .
    Moratta could be good but he has only scored more than 10 league goals once ........wait and see
    Aguero ...........I'm torn on him myself . Want to see more preseason . Again Kane is highly owned but aguero could be gold . So I'm debating aguero and Alli or Kane and kdb
    But I think you need attackers from both city and Spurs without a doubt

The season is long but a good start is absolutely vital. There are places to take risks but not with your entire attacking line up

Whether to go with 5 premium defenders or not is another point
    I can see the thinking but it has left you EXTREMELY weak in midfield and with only 2 strikers

Maybe compromise and go with 4 instead ?

Oh and change your keeper :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/23/mourinho-guarantees-de-gea-staying-united-next-season/
    But he does say Romero will get games ..........most likely in Europe would be my guess but beware anyone going with de Gea and a non starter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Outside of coutinho I don't like any of your front 5 tbh and I'm not even gone in him !
    You could find yourself wildcarding very soon to gain lost ground due to going without high ownership

A united defender for certain . Look at their fixtures and a lot of teams will have one .
    Lukaku - owned by over 50% of teams and will be highly captained .
    Moratta could be good but he has only scored more than 10 league goals once ........wait and see
    Aguero ...........I'm torn on him myself . Want to see more preseason . Again Kane is highly owned but aguero could be gold . So I'm debating aguero and Alli or Kane and kdb
    But I think you need attackers from both city and Spurs without a doubt

The season is long but a good start is absolutely vital. There are places to take risks but not with your entire attacking line up

Whether to go with 5 premium defenders or not is another point
    I can see the thinking but it has left you EXTREMELY weak in midfield and with only 2 strikers

Maybe compromise and go with 4 instead ?

Oh and change your keeper :D

Think I'm set on going without Spurs attackers. There biggest strength at home was the support and familiarity.

I'm set on Aguero over Kane, and I'd prefer extra Liverpool mid over Alli until they adjust to surroundings.

Morata possibly will be changed but not set on it yet. Would like to get an extra.5 and go with Lacazette

I think Palace will be solid under DeBoer. What other keepers at 4.5m?

• Advertisement

Think I'm set on going without Spurs attackers. There biggest strength at home was the support and familiarity.

I'm set on Aguero over Kane, and I'd prefer extra Liverpool mid over Alli until they adjust to surroundings.

Morata possibly will be changed but not set on it yet. Would like to get an extra.5 and go with Lacazette

I think Palace will be solid under DeBoer. What other keepers at 4.5m?

Again I'd rather pick a keeper from a team who have an established manager in for start
    De beer may well tighten them up but then again he may not
    Wait and see
    I have not looked too much on to it yet but for the moment have foster in given west broms fixtures but I may go for someone else yet

Go for one Liverpool mid so and I'd also change klaasen
    New to the league
    Tough fixtures

And a final note pep just signed another right back from Real Madrid
    ROTATION!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think people are over-selling the spurs wembley risk - spurs did very well away from home last year too and scored a lot also. They were not only impressive at WHL.

The slow starter thing is more of an issue imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I'm going with a strong, premium back 5 strategy this season (this will change as the season progresses and the attacking big guns settle down).

Hennessy (4mil GK)

Alonso Milner Walker Bertrand Dawson

Coutinho Salah Klaasen (5mil mid) (4.5mil)

Aguero Morata (4.5mil)

Last season a rival (casual) went with this strategy for the whole season. Ultimately long term it didn't finish well but for 1st half of season he built up a considerably lead.

Has anyone considered this strategy?

I am considering it. But not going to go the whole hog.
    Just a decent four at the back for the first few weeks varying to a five on occasion.

Fabianski (Elliot)

-

Cedric - Bertrand - Valencia - Lindelof (Yedlin)

-

KDB - Ince - Ramsey (Carroll, RLC)

-

Defoe - Aguero - Kane

I am not sure about the likes of milner because he make become a utility player this season with Robertson's signing.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

They are very slow at adding Hernandez - Morata was added much quicker. Dying to be put out of my misery - 7.5m would be a nice surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

They are very slow at adding Hernandez - Morata was added much quicker. Dying to be put out of my misery - 7.5m would be a nice surprise.

It really annoys me that they add the marquee signings straight away and the rest of the transfers then take ages to be added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Hernandez hasn't actually signed for WH yet,Mon or Tues b4 he's added

Hernandez hasn't actually signed for WH yet,Mon or Tues b4 he's added

You're right - hadn't spotted that as it feels like forever ago that it first hit the news. I'm just desperate to line up a third striker, as looking at Defoe's stats I see he tailed off towards the second half of the season so have concerns (another poster mentioned it, can't remember who but thanks whoever it was :))

Monitoring the Austin situation too but not sure he will start 100%, or may try and stretch to upgrade to Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kyle Walker played for spurs vs PSG last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Kyle Walker-PETERS played for Spurs.

Kyle Walker is now a Man City player.

:eek::D

In fairness, they should have kept hold of Kyle Walker just so they could play both him and KWP on other side - the confusion would be unreal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Benimar wrote: »
    Kyle Walker-PETERS played for Spurs.

Kyle Walker is now a Man City player.

I'm thinking...

utzTCyo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The real moves from an fpl point of view are always players who are already price listed cheaply and then move to a club and get first team football.

The rest are almost an after-thought for me.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

The real moves from an fpl point of view are always players who are already price listed cheaply and then move to a club and get first team football.

The rest are almost an after-thought for me.

Always nice when that happens we probably would have saved a mill or so on Lukaku if that had been delayed a bit.

That's the joke *insert McBain Meme here*

Edit. Already taken care of, credit : Extra Gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

That's the joke *insert McBain Meme here*

My ears are burning!!

68402034.jpg

• Advertisement

Just to clarify for Simpson nerds out there, that should have read...

*insert Reiner Wolfcastle Meme here*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Just to clarify for Simpson nerds out there, that should have read...

*insert Reiner Wolfcastle Meme here*

McBain never breaks character!! Now step over to the abdominator and I will shout slogans at you

ae80aaa9629e08323f78be07d80aeea3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

All of these unrelated McBain/Rainer Wolfcastle memes filling the place of general FPL issues...

8516417.jpg

Sorry. Not sorry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Utd Madrid game going to penalties, cause apparently pre-season games must be decided. Interested to see who takes em, not sure who is going to be on penos for them this year.

Lindelof conceded an awful pen to equalize it

It's also safe to say lindelof won't be taking pens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Worst penalty shootout I've ever seen.

Utd win 2-1, Blind and Mikhi scored, Lindelof Martial and McTominay all missed. De Gea saved two.

Fcuk all learned there, can't imagine the five of those are all ahead of Lukaku and Pogba in penalty taking order.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Worst penalty shootout I've ever seen.

Utd win 2-1, Blind and Mikhi scored, Lindelof Martial and McTominay all missed. De Gea saved two.

Fcuk all learned there, can't imagine the five of those are all ahead of Lukaku and Pogba in penalty taking order.

Even the players were laughing as it was going on
    Was the funniest I've ever seen
    And yes we learned nothing
    Although miki stick his away nicely and martials was awful
    Ever the solitary pen Madrid scored shud have been saved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lindelof conceded an awful pen to equalize it

Utd fans say hes been awful all pre-season. Not a definite starter yet IMO.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Utd fans say hes been awful all pre-season. Not a definite starter yet IMO.

Agree - Darmian could be worth a look - he will probably play left back with Shaw still out I'd say.

Advertisement