Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would love to have Baily in my team but he really really should be 5.5m. Where the hell his increase to 6m came from, I do not know. Just because a defender is a BPS magnet, does not warrant an increase. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Would love to have Baily in my team but he really really should be 5.5m. Where the hell his increase to 6m came from, I do not know. Just because a defender is a BPS magnet, does not warrant an increase. Very frustrating.

I think he was priced at 5.5. last year because of the uncertainty around whether he would be a definite starter or not also - that has been removed to a large extent so I can see the thinking behind the price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

sheroman01 wrote: »

It comes from him being the one undisputed first choice centre back whether United play a back 4 or 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hmm might go with a 4m 5th defender to get the extra .5 to do Lindeloff to Bailly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Uefa have just announced bailly is suspended for super cup and first champ league game too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

This team name popped into my head today. It's quite awful:

"Mee and Moses Jones"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Given how he saved my season last year -

IfeelDIRTYw/oSANCHEZ

20 characters - check

Make colleagues in my work league wonder if they really know me - check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Given how he saved my season last year -

IfeelDIRTYw/oSANCHEZ

20 characters - check

Make colleagues in my work league wonder if they really know me - check

Yeah was going to call my team something similar last time out till I did an urban dick churny check on what it actually means. I'm not a prude either.

BTW. Whats the story with setting up a league with more than 16 in it. It s
    Seems that 2 - 16 is the max now.

Anyone shed any light on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Yeah was going to call my team something similar last time out till I did an urban dick churny check on what it actually means. I'm not a prude either.

BTW. Whats the story with setting up a league with more than 16 in it. It s
    Seems that 2 - 16 is the max now.

Anyone shed any light on this?

Thats just for the draft leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Have a feeling Rooney is gonna get off to a flyer and soon be a must-have. Nice 1st fixture pity about the next 4

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Have a feeling Rooney is gonna get off to a flyer and soon be a must-have. Nice 1st fixture pity about the next 4

He will get off to a flyer and then revert to his form of the past few years and /or get injured

km79 wrote: »
    He will get off to a flyer and then revert to his form of the past few years and /or get injured

I don't know about that he's a pretty emotional dude and i reckon being back home might see a new lease of life. Preseason so far suggests he'll be playing pretty far forward too. And something tells me he'll be on pens

manual_man wrote: »
    I don't know about that he's a pretty emotional dude and i reckon being back home might see a new lease of life. Preseason so far suggests he'll be playing pretty far forward too. And something tells me he'll be on pens

He will respond early in season but he just does not physically have it anymore
    Even in the good times he was a "burst" player . Score a clutch of goals then nothing for weeks and weeks . And if he gets injured forget about it till he is back a month
    Get him while he is hot then get off quick
    Could be a good pick for week one no doubt

FFS mid priced defenders article:

THE 5.0 MARKET

Sitting in 20.5% of squads, Bournemouth’s Charlie Daniels is the most popular defender in this price bracket and the second most owned overall.

There’s no shortage of competition in the Cherries’ back-four, though. Nathan Ake, Steve Cook and Adam Smith also boast a significant attacking threat and are identically priced to the raiding left-back.

Mod edit:
    Don't quote full article, post a line or two and a link to site.

Sorry about that:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2017/07/24/fpl-player-list-analysis-mid-price-defenders/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone going backing themselves at 500/1 to be Number 1 Fantasy football Player in the world on Paddy Power?

Anyone going backing themselves at 500/1 to be Number 1 Fantasy football Player in the world on Paddy Power?

Willy Wonka.

Chicharito deal complete
    If he is 7.5 I don't think I'll be able resist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Chicharito deal complete
    If he is 7.5 I don't think I'll be able resist

His reputation will surely warrant at least 8.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Are they changing formation?

They don't have a 10 in there 343 formation the used for the bulk of last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

That's sorted that then. In you go Cesc.

T-b0n3 wrote: »

But apparently conte played a 10 with juve
    I don't know BUT the fact he is talking cesc up and acknowledged how good he was second half of season is enough for me
    7ml and a lot of his assists come from corners as is so I'll be all over him at least until hazard returns

Now
    Don't tell anyone else

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dam wish he hadn't said this now everyone will have him!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Could go 3 5 2 maybe?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

there's nothing whatsoever conclusive in that. Most likely i.m.o. is he plays alongside Kante in CM - granted he could still score pretty well from that position, especially if he hogs set pieces. I can't see Conte changing a winning formula - or the formation for that matter. Willian to play alongside Pedro in the double pivot i reckon until Haz returns.

Or actually just think slightly longer term. Haz due back by GW4. Bakayoko should be available by then too. Kante and Haz nailed. So Fab will be battling Bakayoko, Willian and Pedro for one of the two remaining spots. Possibly Matic too - though it looks likely he might leave. Either way i'm not sure i really fancy the odds. The only £7m Chelsea option i'd recommend is Alonso :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Willy Wonka.

The mysterious Ville Ronka

0d9IMHP.jpg

the rest of us are Oompa-Loompas in comparison.

He is a very conservative player though - 'the Floyd Mayweather of the fpl'.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I take this with a pinch of salt though.

The word could was used and the mirror threw in the word insists.

Conte's English is not great yeah so they can just lead him with questions.

Could Fabregas play no 10 etc....

I will believe when I see it.

It is the Mirror only a reflection of the truth.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

The mysterious Ville Ronka

0d9IMHP.jpg

the rest of us are Oompa-Loompas in comparison.

He is a very conservative player though - 'the Floyd Mayweather of the fpl'.

Actually he's only 14th now:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2017/05/30/ffs-career-hall-of-fame-updated-kouwenberg-goes-top/

He'd want to buck up this season. Not good enough Willy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Actually he's only 14th now:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2017/05/30/ffs-career-hall-of-fame-updated-kouwenberg-goes-top/

He'd want to buck up this season. Not good enough Willy.

The FFS hall of fame career rankings are a bit ridiculous frankly. It's so heavily weighted in favour of the most recent season.

I know the saying goes you're only as good as your last game or whatever but one relatively poor season by elite manager's standard shouldn't bump him down outside the top 10.

Advertisement