Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Ff mag
    Still available or not and if so where.
    Yes I googled. None the wiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ff mag
    Still available or not and if so where.
    Yes I googled. None the wiser.

https://fantasyfootballmag.com/

Not very good at the oul googling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Ta but I just got links to Kickstarter ****e. Accept googling skills might be second rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Anyone know who the most nailed Watford defender is? Don't think I've ever had a Watford player before but Marco Silva might have them well drilled at the back.

Would be great if fantasy football scout got a supporter from each club to give a detailed prediction of first day line ups - tell us where the surprises or close calls are and what way the manager is leaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone know who the most nailed Watford defender is? Don't think I've ever had a Watford player before but Marco Silva might have them well drilled at the back.

Would be great if fantasy football scout got a supporter from each club to give a detailed prediction of first day line ups - tell us where the surprises or close calls are and what way the manager is leaning.

Santryred not sure he posts anymore was great for all things Watford.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Santryred not sure he posts anymore was great for all things Watford.

Account closed unfortunately

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

How much will Bale be if he signs for Utd, 11m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Got my issue 2 delivered this morning. Cool as fook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

FHFC wrote: »

Looks cool alright. Going to order it later.

I wonder do they have all the rights to the images used in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

West Brom and Swansea rotate well for the whole season making  Foster and Fabianski a decent and cheap pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

How much is it per month including delivery? Was just going to make do with the online version but I don't think I can resist the allure of a hard copy.

New manager so it's a coin toss.

I want one myself because he will tighten them up but I only wanna pay 4.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

kmauVD.jpg

Did this wee excel sheet up. Shows the points/minute played for the goalkeepers. I did it for all positions. I think it is quite interesting. Robles for me ;). Going to rotate him with Elliot. I think this shows that it isn't worthwhile paying a premium for keepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Raoul wrote: »
    kmauVD.jpg

Did this wee excel sheet up. Shows the points/minute played for the goalkeepers. I did it for all positions. I think it is quite interesting. Robles for me ;). Going to rotate him with Elliot. I think this shows that it isn't worthwhile paying a premium for keepers.

Given the winky face I assume you are joking
    But just in case .......Everton signed Jordan Pickford

km79 wrote: »
    Given the winky face I assume you are joking
    But just in case .......Everton signed Jordan Pickford

I had actually forgotten about that :D. I won't be going for an Everton GK just yet anyway. Maybe after their first 5 fixtures. Maybe my graph shows that Joe Hart could be a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is anyone else struggling to even pick any kind of midfield or attack?

The obvious, cheap rent-a-4.5-defence is pretty straightforward but after that I'm only reasonably set on Lukaku, and that's as a default blocker as much as anything.

Looks cool alright. Going to order it later.

I wonder do they have all the rights to the images used in it though.

They do. They had to pay the PL something like 5 grand for image rights. That nearly killed the venture and was the reason for the crowd funding campaign after issue 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It is a good idea, surprised they have not done it yet.
    You should ask them and see what they think.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I can assist with Everton team if ever need a hand. Just PM me if I miss it in a thread. Always happy to give an unbiased opinion.

Based on last night I'll be taking Sandro out of my starting XI now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I can assist with Everton team if ever need a hand. Just PM me if I miss it in a thread. Always happy to give an unbiased opinion.

Based on last night I'll be taking Sandro out of my starting XI now
    Thread here my dude.
     https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057768526?fuid=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

That link doesn't work but look for club profiles thread.

Shedite did West Ham and provided interesting info ranking Ogbonna (4.5) above Fonte (5.0) as starting CB and saying he reckons Cresswell isn't nailed at LB.

Would be great to get more info like that for other clubs

That link doesn't work but look for club profiles thread.

Shedite did West Ham and provided interesting info ranking Ogbonna (4.5) above Fonte (5.0) as starting CB and saying he reckons Cresswell isn't nailed at LB.

Would be great to get more info like that for other clubs

Worked for me!

Any of you giving serious thought to 433?

I know this discussion tends to be had every preseason,, but with so many wing backs and the value of the likes of Trippier, for the first time I think I may actually do it.

Especially as Alonso is one of the best ways into Chelsea attack (until they sign Sandro possibly).

Any of you giving serious thought to 433?

I know this discussion tends to be had every preseason,, but with so many wing backs and the value of the likes of Trippier, for the first time I think I may actually do it.

Especially as Alonso is one of the best ways into Chelsea attack (until they sign Sandro possibly).

But like look at how many points Alonso actually scored? It isn't that great. Save your money, buy a cheap defender and get the bargain midfielders like Coutinho/Cesc/Alli.

But like look at how many points Alonso actually scored? It isn't that great. Save your money, buy a cheap defender and get the bargain midfielders like Coutinho/Cesc/Alli.

Bargain........?

Bargain........?

Yeah they are bargains for the price of them when you consider how many points you get. Coutinho and Cesc scored points at the same rate as Sanchez yet they are considerably cheaper. Alli the same really.

People say some midfielders are bargain midfielders but usually that just means they are cheap. A bargain doesn't necessarily mean cheap.

Bargain........?

Yeah they are bargains for the price of them when you consider how many points you get. Coutinho and Cesc scored points at the same rate as Sanchez yet they are considerably cheaper. Alli the same really.

People say some midfielders are bargain midfielders but usually that just means they are cheap. A bargain doesn't necessarily mean cheap.
    Cesc is a bargain then if he scores points at Rate at coutinho who is 2 mid dearer
    Sanchez is possibly overpriced
    Alli and coutinho are not bargains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cesc is a bargain then if he scores points at Rate at coutinho who is 2 mid dearer

I think Alli is actually must have and a great deal even at his price when comparing to Lampard in the past

naughtb4 wrote: »

I think Alli is actually must have and a great deal even at his price when comparing to Lampard in the past
    I have himat moment with aguero
    But if aguero doesn't look certainti start then it will be kdb and Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Look at points by minutes played - Alonso dwarfs the other Chelsea defenders - he's a monster!

Advertisement