Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Why are so many going for Willian? What's changed from last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »

Hazard is injured and Pedro might be out aswell. He is good till the first international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Hazard is out injured for the start of the season. So we all expect Willian to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Would be great to know the Chelsea starting 11.

Would also love to know if Son is going to start for Spurs. You also have Lamela returning there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Raoul wrote:
    Would also love to know if Son is going to start for Spurs. You also have Lamela returning there.

Son has a broken arm and although he might be ok for gw1 he will have had little or no game time ahead of it.

Lamela isn't due back till late Sept or Oct.

Winks and Ndouku have both played well in midfield alongside Alli, Dembele and Eriksen.

I expect Dier/Wanyama in CM with Dembele and then Eriksen, Alli and one from Ndouku, Winks or Sissoko to play behind Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Hazard is out injured for the start of the season. So we all expect Willian to start.
    And some of us expect him to do very little like every other time we got excited about him
    I'd rather take my chances with fabregas

T-b0n3 wrote: »

And some of us expect him to do very little like every other time we got excited about him
    I'd rather take my chances with fabregas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Would people not prefer Fabregas over Willian.
    Fabregas has always been a great FPL player. He will get more game time this season and could be in a more No.10 role. 
    Given his previous exploits I think £7m is a great punt

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Would people not prefer Fabregas over Willian.
    Fabregas has always been a great FPL player. He will get more game time this season and could be in a more No.10 role. 
    Given his previous exploits I think £7m is a great punt
    Couldn't agree more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah that was my leading question I guess. Willian has never been a solid FPL players, Cesc has. If Cesc gets a run he'd be magic at 7m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yeah that was my leading question I guess. Willian has never been a solid FPL players, Cesc has. If Cesc gets a run he'd be magic at 7m.

Depends on the formation for me. I'm not sure on fab in a 343 alongside kante.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Considering the above, straight swap for Cedric -> Dawson?

This changes EVERYTHING :confused::(

Bertrand also has a slight injury as well as talk of a return to Chelsea or move to city

I had been contemplating going with Forster anyway and now I think I will
    May get Dawson
    Having said that pied is only 4.5 ;)

Depends on the formation for me. I'm not sure on fab in a 343 alongside kante.

He still finds a way to assist and score nearly every game he plays
    That's not my worry
    My worry is will he play when babayako comes back but there are a fair few good options 7ml and under anyways so I'm sticking with him
    Was the first player in my team when I seen his price and hazard out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Willian was first in my team since I saw Haz was out but then discovered Bakayoko was also out so Fab might be worth a chance beside Kante.

Didn't Matic get injured or Chelsea had the league won when Fabregas got more minutes last season?

I just remember owning Hazard the end of last season who was very frustrating getting lost in games and floating about causing annoyance, while Fabregas came in and was on corners and free kicks + getting the assists. I made the swap and worked out fantastic in the end.

If Matic and Bakayoko are there/fit, I'd rather Willian, but with them 2 out, I'd chance Fab.

Another thing to note is him and Morata might have some game time together from Spanish games/training and hopefully they can kick it off on and off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

km79 wrote: »
    Bertrand also has a slight injury as well as talk of a return to Chelsea or move to city

I had been contemplating going with Forster anyway and now I think I will
    May get Dawson
    Having said that pied is only 4.5 ;)

Jeremy Pied. Nominative Determinism at its finest.

Seriously, if it looks like Pied might start the first 2 or 3 games, he could be worth a shot, if thinking of an early wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Jeremy Pied. Nominative Determinism at its finest.

Seriously, if it looks like Pied might start the first 2 or 3 games, he could be worth a shot, if thinking of an early wildcard.

He's played 2 games because Cedric got an extra few days off - way way too early to be panicking

I'm sticking with Cedric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Raoul wrote: »
    But like look at how many points Alonso actually scored? It isn't that great. Save your money, buy a cheap defender and get the bargain midfielders like Coutinho/Cesc/Alli.

You're obviously forgetting Alonso didn't play every game. He has similar pts per minute to Alli, the second highest scoring mid in the game last season. He destroys any 7m mid for returns. He's essentially a very attacking winger, who takes direct free kicks, and gets pts for a clean sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Raoul wrote: »
    Would be great to know the Chelsea starting 11.

The Community shield should give some clues .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Will boufal start for Southampton? Looks a handy one at the start for 6.0

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Anyone looking at Lingard? 6.0m has played all preseason so far
    Could be switched to a high profile player from one of the promoted teams if it does not work out

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Did someone in this thread mention a promoted team that has a 4.5 million midfielder who may be a points scorer?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

There's the odd anomaly like Capoue last season but generally the best you can hope for is a regular 2 pointer with a few assists during the season, although they'll probably happen when they're benched as they usually are. People seem to be going for RLC or Carroll on here. The 4 most picked 4.5 midfielders in the game overall at the moment are RLC, McArthur, Romeu and Carroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

There's the odd anomaly like Capoue last season but generally the best you can hope for is a regular 2 pointer with a few assists during the season, although they'll probably happen when they're benched as they usually are. People seem to be going for RLC or Carroll on here. The 4 most picked 4.5 midfielders in the game overall at the moment are RLC, McArthur, Romeu and Carroll.

I wouldn't touch McArthur.
    Probably won't start and his ownership is so high that he's a price drop waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

spock. wrote: »
    Probably won't start and his ownership is so high that he's a price drop waiting to happen.

Absolutely, but that's the problem with RLC as well, Carroll might be the safest bet at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Absolutely, but that's the problem with RLC as well, Carroll might be the safest bet at the moment

I'm on Carroll yeah. Best outcome in RLC eased in by De Boer and you get him for 4.3 on early WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

That time of year again. has there been a qualifier league set up yet?

Edit. Scrap that, have been automatically entered by looks of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

spock. wrote: »

I always though that way regarding ownership of cheap players and price drops before last season. But there were a few times last season where low ownership players I owned dropped very quickly and high ownership cheap players seemed to hang on for ages. For a low ownership player the drop threshold is very very low - i.e. in the tens.

Jonathan Leko (I had my reasons :o) caught me out badly.

Advertisement