Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hegazi starts again ........hope he plays well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    Hegazi starts again ........hope he plays well ;)

Hopefully he can do enough to keep Mcauley on the bench when he returns. Rotation with Mee/Lowton is very nice for first 8 gameweeks:
    BOU, WBA, STO, CPL, WHU, HUD, WAT, WHU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm on Carroll yeah. Best outcome in RLC eased in by De Boer and you get him for 4.3 on early WC.

I think Carroll is a good pick - would have got him in even at 5.0 or possibly 5.5 (especially if Siggy goes). Had him all last season as soon as he joined teh Swans and think he even picked up a few bonus points as well as a goal and a couple of assists. Not a card magnet either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Kolasinac very impressive going forward by all accounts today....

Had Foster, Kane & Trippier cemented as definites in my team since draft 1 but now...

West Brom not looking great is pre-season, and squad looks a bit thin. Clean sheets might be hard to come by, think they might struggle

Seriously weighing up United cover (Darmian 5.5) over Tripper - United have better fixtures imo but everyone seems to have Trippier so some serious FOMO here - seems like Trippier is essential?

Kane has not been lighting up pre-season (I know it's only pre-season) to allay the slow-starter fears. I think Spurs have a tough enough start fixture-wise (see Trippier above) so may just go with Eriksson as cover and stick in Jesus or Aguero instead. Plan to WC early enough as usual :o so Kane could be an option from week 4 or 5 on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Theo Walcott, eh?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Anyone looking at Lingard? 6.0m has played all preseason so far
    Could be switched to a high profile player from one of the promoted teams if it does not work out
    I'm have him in my team , he is looking interesting pre season .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Had Foster, Kane & Trippier cemented as definites in my team since draft 1 but now...

West Brom not looking great is pre-season, and squad looks a bit thin. Clean sheets might be hard to come by, think they might struggle

Seriously weighing up United cover (Darmian 5.5) over Tripper - United have better fixtures imo but everyone seems to have Trippier so some serious FOMO here - seems like Trippier is essential?

Kane has not been lighting up pre-season (I know it's only pre-season) to allay the slow-starter fears. I think Spurs have a tough enough start fixture-wise (see Trippier above) so may just go with Eriksson as cover and stick in Jesus or Aguero instead. Plan to WC early enough as usual :o so Kane could be an option from week 4 or 5 on?

I agree with you about West Brom they look like this could be the year they go down.
    From the sound of Pullis they cannot compete in the market for the players he would like.
    He sounded worried to me.

Darmian has competition with blind? Even Valencia who can move to the other full back slot
    Bertrand from southampton better option at same price?

Trippier is a favourite basically because of price in comparison to other spurs players and seems to be guaranteed his place. Plus Poch seems happy with his squad. ( I don't like the fixtures for spurs defensively in the first four games)

Kane - didn't he start slow last season?
    I am not sure I have the guts to go without him all the same.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Thanks gormdubh for the reassurance/opinions :)

I think Darmian is definitely first choice LB until Shaw gets back fit (late sept/oct) anyway. I am a United fan and Blind is not great at LB at all, Young and Rojo are both long term injured and Valencia can only play RB, so am pretty sure he will play.

Yeah Kane is one of those tricky ones - if he does start well I could be at a real disadvantage from the off!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Thanks gormdubh for the reassurance/opinions :)

I think Darmian is definitely first choice LB until Shaw gets back fit (late sept/oct) anyway. I am a United fan and Blind is not great at LB at all, Young and Rojo are both long term injured and Valencia can only play RB, so am pretty sure he will play.

Yeah Kane is one of those tricky ones - if he does start well I could be at a real disadvantage from the off!

I have saved that bit about darmian/united left back situation in my fpl notes (if I need to save 1m instead of valencia) It is the type of info that is handy to know

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

You need Kane wether you want him or not due to ownership!

Spurs starting slow costs them league position every year. It almost ruins every season when it comes to it. I reckon a strong start is key to their campaign hopes and hopefully their squad is of experience with youth on their side for a strong finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

-=al=- wrote: »
    You need Kane wether you want him or not due to ownership!

Spurs starting slow costs them league position every year. It almost ruins every season when it comes to it. I reckon a strong start is key to their campaign hopes and hopefully their squad is of experience with youth on their side for a strong finish

Alli is more highly owned.

Jesus I FINALLY decided to go with de Gea as my united defensive cover last night and now he is not in the squad that travelled for uniteds friendly tonight which is very strange
    I wonder will Romero yet become an option at 5ml.......

City looking a lot more solid defensively with Ederson - wonder if Kompany at 6.0 might be a good shout if he stays fit. Always good for a goal.

km79 wrote: »
    Jesus I FINALLY decided to go with de Gea as my united defensive cover last night and now he is not in the squad that travelled for uniteds friendly tonight which is very strange
    I wonder will Romero yet become an option at 5ml.......

De Gea will be first choice no question - Sergio might get the odd league game in a busy week, cups etc.

Would not read too much into De Gea not travelling - might be the last opportunity to give Joel P some minutes with Sergio & De Gea splitting them for the Dublin friendly and Super Cup for example.

De Gea will be first choice no question - Sergio might get the odd league game in a busy week, cups etc.

Would not read too much into De Gea not travelling - might be the last opportunity to give Joel P some minutes with Sergio & De Gea splitting them for the Dublin friendly and Super Cup for example.

Or he might be moving to Madrid
    But Jose categorically said last week that ain't happening ......

Or he might be moving to Madrid
    But Jose categorically said last week that ain't happening ......

Think that would have happened by now tbh - was never really mentioned alongside the whole Morata discussion so I think he is staying this season anyway.

Matic close to signing for united
    Brilliant news for Pogba

There is no choice to make between him and miki now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Matic close to signing for united
    Brilliant news for Pogba

There is no choice to make between him and miki now

What are we looking at
    Matic Herrera
    Miki pogba rashford
    Lukaku
    With the likes of mata and lingard competing with miki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Who would ya think he will be ahead of on first day?
    His namesake perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Another stones city goal. Is he not real value at 5.5? City fix are decent also

What are we looking at
    Matic Herrera
    Miki pogba rashford
    Lukaku

And martial
    Could be more a 4123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Another stones city goal. Is he not real value at 5.5? City fix are decent also

He's not traditionally a goal threat. But 5.5 for a top team's stsrting defender is value if you think they'll keep cleanies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Like many including myself I've seen on here chatting about the Chelsea conundrum Willian or Fabregas, who'll get gametime and will they continue to play when Hazard is back, is there a case to spend this money on Alonso instead?

Yes, he's a defender and is very costly but with the Charity shield fast approaching, Conte & Chelsea don't seem likely to sign another LWB to replace him.

He's not a fantastic player but showed last year he is a great FPL player, playing kinda OOP more as a midfielder, scores goals and getting plenty of assists and looks more nailed on than Fab/Willian and will benefit from CS's too.

Will see when starting XI is announced for Charity Shield but I think reducing a mid to a bench fodder or maybe JWP at 5.5 would allow a Alonso as a '6th' midfielder. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Like many including myself I've seen on here chatting about the Chelsea conundrum Willian or Fabregas, who'll get gametime and will they continue to play when Hazard is back, is there a case to spend this money on Alonso instead?

Yes, he's a defender and is very costly but with the Charity shield fast approaching, Conte & Chelsea don't seem likely to sign another LWB to replace him.

He's not a fantastic player but showed last year he is a great FPL player, playing kinda OOP more as a midfielder, scores goals and getting plenty of assists and looks more nailed on than Fab/Willian and will benefit from CS's too.

Will see when starting XI is announced for Charity Shield but I think reducing a mid to a bench fodder or maybe JWP at 5.5 would allow a Alonso as a '6th' midfielder. Any thoughts?

I was thinking the same with Chelsea, only buying Alonso or Moses if fit for same reasons but looking at their opening 7 fixtures they aren't the best so think I might hold off Chelsea defence for a while.

I'm keeping an eye on JWP myself, if he played every week I'd be buying him no question, yesterday was his first minutes of preseason and he came away with a goal and assist. He only came on in the 60th minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

What are we looking at
    Matic Herrera
    Miki pogba rashford
    Lukaku

I expect Perisic to be signed too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Could anyone tell me who rotates with Burnley? Looking for a 4.5mil defender to rotate with Mee. Gives a back line of Tripper, Bailly, Mee/? and a 4.0mil def.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Could anyone tell me who rotates with Burnley? Looking for a 4.5mil defender to rotate with Mee. Gives a back line of Tripper, Bailly, Mee/? and a 4.0mil def. At the moment I have Mee, Naughton and Morgan.

Looking for the extra 0.5 to do J. Rod -> Austin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any chance of Kevin Long starting?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Could anyone tell me who rotates with Burnley? Looking for a 4.5mil defender to rotate with Mee. Gives a back line of Tripper, Bailly, Mee/? and a 4.0mil def. At the moment I have Mee, Naughton and Morgan.

Looking for the extra 0.5 to do J. Rod -> Austin.

West Brom and Crystal palace

Advertisement