Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Have any FF Scout subscribers entered their team into the Rate My Team feature, and what score did it generate for you? It's always fun to use but does seem to be really heavily weighted towards defenders.

I've put my first draft in and got 339.23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Watching Man Citys pre season, Danilo looks like a good option at 5.5m. In a better team than Trippier and a more offensive player esp if city stick with the wing backs. When Mendy fit that might change but will produce points in the early weeks

Oh and Ederson will produce c. 5 assists this season with those Rangy passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I really wish Danilo would have went to Chelsea and nailed a rwb role. He would be fpl gold and pretty much doing what Alonso did last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

A word of a caution on Alonso. Conte seems less than impressed with him. Word is that signing a replacement is top priority, that being Sandro. Alonso was at fault for both the last two goals conceded by Chelsea and his withdrawal on 55 against Inter is being reported as Conte making a point.

I'd have fully agreed that he was the best route into Chelsea 'attack' but the fact he's actually a shïte defender seems about to catch up with him.

Deadline day could leave you with a 7m headache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Paully D wrote: »
    Have any FF Scout subscribers entered their team into the Rate My Team feature, and what score did it generate for you? It's always fun to use but does seem to be really heavily weighted towards defenders.

I've put my first draft in and got 339.23.

Yeh it always is makes it hard to use in reality. They did a bit on it for the last podcast jonty seemed to think 340+ was a good starting point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

A bunch of IRL stuff has kept me from sinking my teeth into this, only just got my first draft done. Feel utterly unprepared for the season, but trying to convince myself that I'm operating on only slightly less educated guesswork than everyone else :P

Hell, I think I'm happier with my team name than my line-up. I hope A Mhiky in Niasse doesn't provoke the wrath of the FPL admins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    A word of a caution on Alonso. Conte seems less than impressed with him. Word is that signing a replacement is top priority, that being Sandro. Alonso was at fault for both the last two goals conceded by Chelsea and his withdrawal on 55 against Inter is being reported as Conte making a point.

I'd have fully agreed that he was the best route into Chelsea 'attack' but the fact he's actually a shïte defender seems about to catch up with him.

Deadline day could leave you with a 7m headache.

I agree with conte!

Liverpool start the season with 5 games in 14 days. I'd like Salah or Mane but do we really think any of them won't get Klopp-rotated in that period??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

-=al=- wrote: »
    I really wish Danilo would have went to Chelsea and nailed a rwb role. He would be fpl gold and pretty much doing what Alonso did last season

He is left footed right? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

Liverpool start the season with 5 games in 14 days. I'd like Salah or Mane but do we really think any of them won't get Klopp-rotated in that period??

Liverpool fan; Mane maybe rotation possible due to recent return from injury. But I doubt Salah will get rotated. Might get subbed, but Klopp tends to play certain players (when fit) without hesitation.

Yeah I think Mane will be eased back.

Coutinho was subbed quite a few times last season but I can't really remember the circumstances. Was it fatigue or injury concerns ? I'd need to look into those substitutions to really understand but I won't.

I can't see Salah getting much rest early doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

I don't think it has been discussed heavily yet, Sanchez lads?? He scalded me in the last 8 or 9 game of last season. I made my mind up that he had no interest any more in being at Arsenal. I actually think I right on that, but I over played how much that would affect his stats if still being selected.

I think I'll stay well clear unless his situation is cleared up before season ko {new contract signed}. Is there many going strong on him anyway, irrelevant of the negative noises coming out? It's an absolutely massive call, and I think I'll stay clear at the start at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

McBain11 wrote: »
    I don't think it has been discussed heavily yet, Sanchez lads?? He scalded me in the last 8 or 9 game of last season. I made my mind up that he had no interest any more in being at Arsenal. I actually think I right on that, but I over played how much that would affect his stats if still being selected.

I think I'll stay well clear unless his situation is cleared up before season ko {new contract signed}. Is there many going strong on him anyway, irrelevant of the negative noises coming out? It's an absolutely massive call, and I think I'll stay clear at the start at least.

Alexis Sanchez will be plying he's trade at Manchester City this season. In the words of the great Buff Egan - 'That isn't an insult, that is just a fact of life'

If he does go to city it will ruin another FPL option. So many city players would be automatics if guaranteed a start. KDB, Jesus, Aguero, Sane, B Silva etc but rotation will ruin them as they have too many options up front. Toure at 6.5m isn't a bad option given he will take the pens if he starts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Islander13 wrote: »
    If he does go to city it will ruin another FPL option. So many city players would be automatics if guaranteed a start. KDB, Jesus, Aguero, Sane, B Silva etc but rotation will ruin them as they have too many options up front. Toure at 6.5m isn't a bad option given he will take the pens if he starts

I agree with most of that except I expect KDB & Jesus to be starting most Premier League games especially Jesus until at least December, he has never played in the Champions League & altough ive no doubt he'll turn into a world class striker I've a feeling he'll Be eased into that competition with the number 9 position rotated between Alexis & Aguero (should Alexis sign)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Have we ever seen any klopp rotation apart from the time it was very obvious to prioritise the Europa lge over the league.

Have we ever seen any klopp rotation apart from the time it was very obvious to prioritise the Europa lge over the league.

They haven't been in the champions league though
    And are still not.............these are 2 massive games for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm all of a sudden heavily considering a GW1 BB

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    They haven't been in the champions league though
    And are still not.............these are 2 massive games for them

I agree but we will all be second guessing what klopp might do. It depends on the draw ,the outcome of the first leg etc. Personally I don't see much rotation the season has only started .

spock. wrote: »
    I'm all of a sudden heavily considering a GW1 BB

What are you looking at. I've been more considering it for gw2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

What are you looking at. I've been more considering it for gw2.

That squad rotates well until GW5 and would be looking to wildcard GW6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I agree but we will all be second guessing what klopp might do. It depends on the draw ,the outcome of the first leg etc. Personally I don't see much rotation the season has only started .

Last season when they played Sunderland less than 48 hours after playing City he made one change - to be fair the squad was very thin at that stage and he didn't have a huge amount of options at that time but still indicative of Klopp's attitude to rotation. Which is why I think Mane will start all 3 of those league games around the CL qualifier - despite the hype around Coutinho at the moment Mane is arguably Liverpool's most important player.

spock. wrote: »
    That squad rotates well until GW5 and would be looking to wildcard GW6.

All decent fixtures there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Can't recall where I saw it but did Trippier play really poorly in a preseason gae in the last few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can't recall where I saw it but did Trippier play really poorly in a preseason gae in the last few days?

The whole spurs team performed very poorly vs Man City in some pre season tournaments a couple of days ago. Lost 4 nil and it could have been double that according to reports elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Spurs returned to preseason training latest of any club, which probably explains their relative sluggishness at this stage. Remains to be seen whether that translates to gw1

Just on Phil Jones ..........he now has also been banned for 2 European games for foul and abusive language towards a doping officer
    This is why Jose has not played lindelof with bailly

It now does indeed seem that Bailly and jones will start the first couple of league games together..........I would not chance lindelof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

km79 wrote: »
    Just on Phil Jones ..........he now has also been banned for 2 European games for foul and abusive language towards a doping officer
    This is why Jose has it played lindelof with bailly

It now does indeed seem that Bailly and jones will start the first couple of league games together..........I would not chance lindelof

Lindelof & Bailly have only played 45 mins together.

Smalling & Lindelof, Bailly & Jones have been the preferred partnerships.

Advertisement