Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,219 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Lindelof & Bailly have only played 45 mins together.

Smalling & Lindelof, Bailly & Jones have been the preferred partnerships.

i'm guessing an autocorrect from Hasn't to has it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Lindelof & Bailly have only played 45 mins together.

Smalling & Lindelof, Bailly & Jones have been the preferred partnerships.

That should have said not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Islander13 wrote: »
    Oh and Ederson will produce c. 5 assists this season with those Rangy passes.

Ah now.

I'll eat my hat if any goalkeeper gets 5 assists this season.

I'll even consider eating the peak if all the goalkeepers in the league combined clock up 5 assists between. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Any good payment wallets lads for group payments? Used tilt last year which was very handy but thats finished up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Is Francis nailed for Bournemouth this season? Played the vast majority the last two seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

manual_man wrote: »
    Is Francis nailed for Bournemouth this season? Played the vast majority the last two seasons

Spock's analysis in the Club Profile thread is hard to argue with.
    Unless Howe goes with 3 CBs the 0.5M cheaper club captain is a no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Anyone got info on Charlie Taylor for Burnely?

Signed for 7m from Leeds and was impressive for them last season going forward, surely will edge out Ward at LB?

Ihnenacho on way to the foxes for 25 ml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

May have to re evaluate Pied now, Cedric may get game time in one of the next two friendlies

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    Spock's analysis in the Club Profile thread is hard to argue with.
    Unless Howe goes with 3 CBs the 0.5M cheaper club captain is a no.

I can't see based on what to be fair. Francis has been a virtual ever present in the league when available. That's enough for me. I need a more-a-less nailed 4.5m with decent fixtures for the first 2 games. May well end up moving him on after that.

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Signed for 7m from Leeds and was impressive for them last season going forward, surely will edge out Ward at LB?

I'd avoid Burnley full backs. They've signed Bardsley as well for competition on the other side. Mee looks like the only nailed outfield defender starting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I can't see based on what to be fair. Francis has been a virtual ever present in the league when available. That's enough for me. I need a more-a-less nailed 4.5m with decent fixtures for the first 2 games. May well end up moving him on after that.

A few things fell in Francis' favour last year-Ake got recalled in January, Mings got a 5/6 game ban, Smith was getting gametime as a mid for a while I think and perhaps had an injury spell too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

km79 wrote: »
    Just on Phil Jones ..........he now has also been banned for 2 European games for foul and abusive language towards a doping officer
    This is why Jose has not played lindelof with bailly

It now does indeed seem that Bailly and jones will start the first couple of league games together..........I would not chance lindelof

Was coming on to post this myself re lindelof - also Jose's comments aftr the last match v Valerenga:

LINDELOF'S PROGRESS SO FAR

"Step by step. Benfica is a giant club, I always think that players coming from Benfica come mentally ready because it is a big club and the responsibility to play for them makes players ready. But the Portuguese league is different and has different qualities. Benfica is one of the dominant teams, so he’s more used to playing with the ball than without the ball, so he needs his time and we are going to give him his time to develop. Such a young player needs time. Manchester United is a huge club with huge responsibility; the Premier League is the same. So let’s give him time, but we’re happy with what he is doing, step by step."
    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jul/jose-mourinho-post-match-reaction-to-valerenga-v-manchester-united-on-tour-2017.aspx

Jones at 5m anyone?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

P.Walnuts wrote: »

The last two games Taylor has actually subed on and played CB. As manual man stated I'd go for mee as Burnley coverage. I was thinking it would be lowton and Taylor as FBS however ward has been great for Burnley and wasn't far off being there poty last year.

@ManUtdUpdates_: Manchester United have agreement with Serge Aurier on a 5-year contract and a salary between €4.5m-€5m a year. [@parisunited6] #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I don't see Simon Francis being dropped as easily as some people are suggesting.

He has started 201 of Bournemouth’s 214 league matches in three different divisions since he's joined them.

The 4 games he's missed in the premier league since Bournemouth got promoted were through injury and suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    @ManUtdUpdates_: Manchester United have agreement with Serge Aurier on a 5-year contract and a salary between €4.5m-€5m a year. [@parisunited6] #MUFC
    But Valencia??

CSF wrote: »
    But Valencia??

Aurier could possibly be a replacement for Darmian (regular rumours of him returning to Italy), but yeah if true Aurier could provide stiff competition to Valencia

Aurier could possibly be a replacement for Darmian (regular rumours of him returning to Italy), but yeah if true Aurier could provide stiff competition to Valencia
    Has Aurier played much on the left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Why not much love for sterling at 8.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Why not much love for sterling at 8.0

Rotation. KDB is the only one in that midfield that I'd be interested in.

Has Aurier played much on the left?

On the right, no? Which is where Darmian was bought originally for. Blind/Shaw/Rojo all competing for LB now. Latter two out injured though I believe Shaw is due back soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Is there a FSA or boards league this year? Old ones don't seem to have renewed.

On the right, no? Which is where Darmian was bought originally for. Blind/Shaw/Rojo all competing for LB now. Latter two out injured though I believe Shaw is due back soon enough
    But that is where Valencia plays, which was my original point. So where does Darmian come into it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

But that is where Valencia plays, which was my original point. So where does Darmian come into it?

Agreed - Darmian may well have originally been bought mainly as RB but that was before Valencia became the beast he is at RB :D Now Darmian pretty much provides cover all across the back line, and with Shaw out is currently first choice LB in most cases.

If he's heading back to Italy as has been regularly mooted, then that's how he comes into it.

If he's heading back to Italy as has been regularly mooted, then that's how he comes into it.
    I still don't get how that makes Valencia's place any less under threat. Unless we're having 2 completely different conversations and are blissfully unaware.

I still don't get how that makes Valencia's place any less under threat. Unless we're having 2 completely different conversations and are blissfully unaware.

Darmian may have been used alot on the left but he's really a right back. As things are he would most likely fill in if Valencia got injured. If they sign Aurier then it makes sense that a full back is on the way out, so Darmian came to mind as, like i said, he has been regularly mooted for a move back to Italy. Then again, Blind could be sold, and Darmian continued to be used O.O.P. on the left. Or maybe even no one would be sold, but i'd consider that highly unlikely given squad size limits (United have alot of defenders on their books as is)

• Advertisement

Darmian may have been used alot on the left but he's really a right back. As things are he would most likely fill in if Valencia got injured. If they sign Aurier then it makes sense that a full back is on the way out, so Darmian came to mind as, like i said, he has been regularly mooted for a move back to Italy. Then again, Blind could be sold, and Darmian continued to be used O.O.P. on the left. Or maybe even no one would be sold, but i'd consider that highly unlikely given squad size limits (United have alot of defenders on their books as is)

Darmian wants to move home
    Been widely reported for months
    Clearly won't be let move until another full back is bought

Advertisement