Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I could have sworn I'd seen a quote from Arsene saying Lacazette would be up to speed in about two months for the league.
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Anyone considering going with Iheanacho?

He's talented but he seemed to spend a fair few games flapping around and not doing much too. Would have to see how he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

dsmythy wrote: »
    I could have sworn I'd seen a quote from Arsene saying Lacazette would be up to speed in about two months for the league.

He's talented but he seemed to spend a fair few games flapping around and not doing much too. Would have to see how he plays.

Good at that price point though. Himself, Chicarito and Gayle all options for that last striker spot if I opt for 3-4-3 which is my preferred formation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

City XI: Ederson, Kompany (C), Stones, Otamendi, Yaya Toure, De Bruyne, Sane, Silva, Danilo, Jesus, Aguero #mcfc

Looks like Sane and Danilo wingbacks with KDB behind Aguero and Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

spock. wrote: »
    City XI: Ederson, Kompany (C), Stones, Otamendi, Yaya Toure, De Bruyne, Sane, Silva, Danilo, Jesus, Aguero #mcfc

Looks like Sane and Danilo wingbacks with KDB behind Aguero and Jesus.

Good good good

km79 wrote:
    Good good good

*trebles up on City attack*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Eurosport are showing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Which Silva is that, David or Bernardo?

This will be a recurring question for the season I feel :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

ScummyMan wrote: »

David......Merlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

David.

Bernardo is going by Bernardo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Jesus (KDB)

1-0 City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Benimar wrote: »
    Jesus (KDB)

1-0 City

This would be perfect in 8 days for my current draft..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ogbonna and Matsuyaka both start for West Ham. If they get any way solid they'll have two 4.5 regular defenders I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Watching the City game and can see there being a huge rotation of formation and players there. Wouldn't be surprised to see them start a back 3 for half their PL games depending on opposition, which then has huge implications for the likes of Sterling and the attacking CMs. When playing a back 3 though, it could mean that Jesus and Aguero will play together up top. Flat back 4 then, could mean the high wingers of Sterling and Sane are in with one of Jesus/Aguero up top. It's an absolute minefield of a side to predict right the way through. I can see Pep using a huge amount of formation shifts in matches also, they will be a disaster to predict guaranteed starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Definitely pumping the brakes on Hernandez, he's obviously not back to full fitness yet. I'll bring him in on my WC for 6.8.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Lallana out for three months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is mijolevic still on palace pens? If so 5. Might be good value

Dr. Bre wrote:
    Is mijolevic still on palace pens? If so 5. Might be good value

Yeah pens and free kicks.

Likely to play centre back though so he's completely reliant on set pieces for points.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Likely to play centre back though so he's completely reliant on set pieces for points.

In that case he would be better in the sky game tackles made and interceptions etc

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Definitely pumping the brakes on Hernandez, he's obviously not back to full fitness yet. I'll bring him in on my WC for 6.8.

Yeah the likes of him Rooney and Iheanacho are good ones to get around gameweek 6

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Is there any nailed on newcastle defender for the season? From a draft point of view, who would be the safest bet? Lascelles and Clark both seemed to be regulars last season but both missed games towards the end which is making the decision difficult.

• Advertisement

I've researched Crystal Palace far more than I'll admit to anyone in public, they have great rotation potential but all the evidence I found suggests a back 3 of Ward, Reidewald and Dann.

Yeah the likes of him Rooney and Iheanacho are good ones to get around gameweek 6
    Totally agreee. Reckon we'll all have the 6-8m forwards by week 7/8 which will enable us all to get in the Alonso/De Bruyne/Sanchez of the world.

Doing my first bit of proper research here tonight, not sure if it's been posted before, but I recalculated King and Firminos points if they'd been forwards last year.

Firmino 158
    King 153

Puts them behind than Defoe and Vardy but ahead of Llorente and Benteke.

I reckon last season where there were only premium (Ibra/Costa/Kane/Luakau/Aguero) and budget (Defoe/Llorente) strikers scoring consitently, they'd have been handy to have as mid-priced forwards, but this year with Iheanacho, Chicarito, Rooney in that price range, I don't think we needed it as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

MR NINE wrote:
    Is there any nailed on newcastle defender for the season? From a draft point of view, who would be the safest bet? Lascelles and Clark both seemed to be regulars last season but both missed games towards the end which is making the decision difficult.

Clark had a great season so I'd say he's definitely first choice. He was injured at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Doing my first bit of proper research here tonight, not sure if it's been posted before, but I recalculated King and Firminos points if they'd been forwards last year.

Firmino 158
    King 153

Puts them behind than Defoe and Vardy but ahead of Llorente and Benteke.

I reckon last season where there were only premium (Ibra/Costa/Kane/Luakau/Aguero) and budget (Defoe/Llorente) strikers scoring consitently, they'd have been handy to have as mid-priced forwards, but this year with Iheanacho, Chicarito, Rooney in that price range, I don't think we needed it as much.
    I think there bps would have been different though as a striker gets more bps than a mid for a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Le Jeune new signing at CB for Newcastle seems to be pretty highly rated. Think I read he had the most clearances in La Liga last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I see Vardy scored twice against Mönchengladbach - if Leicester didn't have such a tough start I would be tempted....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

MR NINE wrote: »

Yedlin, lasceles, Clark and dummett were the back four last year.. Lascelles and Clark are probably the biggest treat from set pieces for goals.. that's from my Geordie mate.. but Benitez is hard to predict and they have 9 defenders on the books... look elsewhere is my advice.. Buy Ritchie if ya want to buy a Geordie.. also a toss up between their 2 keepers so Elliot that a lot have on here is not guaranteed to start.. Darlow did well when Elliot was injured..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

This season is going to be all about Man City. They'll win the league and pep will screw over FPL players on a weekly basis!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I see Vardy scored twice against Mönchengladbach - if Leicester didn't have such a tough start I would be tempted....

Definitely worth keeping an eye on after 4th week or so,he's certainly on my shortlist

Advertisement