Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Where's the love for Rooney at 7.5?

[Sorry. I moved this thought to the Rate my Team thread.]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Big Borg wrote: »

The love is back in 2011 where it belongs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Big Borg wrote: »

Only from gameweek 7 on when he will have dropped to about 7.0/7.1m ?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is holding worth a punt for arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is holding worth a punt for arsenal?

I was just looking up his stats a min ago. At 5.0 he could be alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Is holgate likely to start?
    Going by his small ownership I guess not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I genuinely think Chelsea are going to fall off massively this season. I know it was a glorified friendly, but they looked a mile off the pace today and look very short on numbers.

I'm really debating with myself whether to go with any of them to start off as if say Willian or Pedro blanked against Burnley it'd be livid due to their next fixtures being very unattractive (tot, EVE, lei, ARS) and by then Hazard will be back too.

Paully D wrote: »
    I genuinely think Chelsea are going to fall off massively this season. I know it was a glorified friendly, but they looked a mile off the pace today and look very short on numbers.

I'm really debating with myself whether to go with any of them to start off as if say Willian or Pedro blanked against Burnley it'd be livid due to their next fixtures being very unattractive (tot, EVE, lei, ARS) and by then Hazard will be back too.
    They were awful today
    I'll still probably stick with fabregas for time being

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I was saying the exact same thing the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Arsenal beat Chelsea 3-0 last September. Chelsea weren't so hot that day either. (But I agree :) )

• Advertisement

Conte starts none of club's new signings + complains about squad size again post-defeat. All far from well at CFC.
    https://t.co/iebcK2gLfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I have not seen one single minute of any team in reseason and it's making the big calls really difficult.

Doesn't matter. Pre-season is pretty much pointless in terms of picking players for FPL/ It's why so many tear up their team and wildcard after 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

All i took from today's Community Shield is that i won't be starting with players from either team. Which is grand, since that is the case in my latest draft :D

Austin not playing yesterday has really put a fly in my soup. Do i stick with him, or pay the extra 0.5 and go for - whisper it - Gabbiadini

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

ya both sides looked poor tbh. even doubting a chelsea defender now, their fixtures aren't great.

Kane and Austin vs Jesus and Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

manual_man wrote: »

The second 2 purely because there's a question mark over Austin's place.

SlickRic wrote: »
    The second 2 purely because there's a question mark over Austin's place.

Wasn't thinking Firmino before but if he's on pens that's a game changer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Wasn't thinking Firmino before but if he's on pens that's a game changer

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

wats the story wit costa, is he stating at chelsea

Got to be Jesus and Firmino.

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter. Pre-season is pretty much pointless in terms of picking players for FPL/ It's why so many tear up their team and wildcard after 3 weeks.

Not if you want to see what positions players are taking up.

I wanted to see just how deep Coutinho was going or where KDB was being deployed and that's only two examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Hennessy (Elliot)

Danilo Berty Darmian TAA (Fodder)

Cout Salah KDB Iwobi (Fodder)

Kane Aguero (Fodder)

Might be overkill on City & Liverpool but I really think those 2 teams will hit the ground running just like last season.

I'm moving away from premium defenders of Alonso & Milner because of concerns whether they will start, lost pens & Chelsea look sluggish, so have upgraded to KDB & Kane (Fabregas & Jesus)

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Hennessy (Elliot)

Danilo Berty Darmian TAA (Fodder)

Cout Salah KDB Iwobi (Fodder)

Kane Aguero (Fodder)

Might be overkill on City & Liverpool but I really think those 2 teams will hit the ground running just like last season.

I'm moving away from premium defenders of Alonso & Milner because of concerns whether they will start, lost pens & Chelsea look sluggish, so have upgraded to KDB & Kane (Fabregas & Jesus)

You have question marks over whether Darmian, and Iwobi. Would be better off going JWP and Cedric/dawson/Valencia

Can't vouch for the accuracy of this, but reading an article and an interesting statistic came up:

Each of the players from finish 1st to 6th in the world last season played their wildcard between GW4 and GW6.

Any thoughts on Ward-Prowse lads?

I'm already likely taking a bit of a punt on Phil Jones so I'm not too keen on yet another one, but I have had Tadic in my drafts since day one and will be going with a Southampton defender and midfielder given their start and the extra £1m would come in extremely handy.

He came back late due to his involvement with the England U-21's, but has had 2 goals and an assist in 3 pre-season games to date.

At £5.5m and on corners plus some free kicks when he plays, he may well be worth an early punt.

Any thoughts on Ward-Prowse lads?

I'm already likely taking a bit of a punt on Phil Jones so I'm not too keen on yet another one, but I have had Tadic in my drafts since day one and will be going with a Southampton defender and midfielder given their start and the extra £1m would come in extremely handy.

He came back late due to his involvement with the England U-21's, but has had 2 goals and an assist in 3 pre-season games to date.

At £5.5m and on corners plus some free kicks when he plays, he may well be worth an early punt.

Yeah he is worth it at that price - but southampton did not finish thier chances well last year.

And look like they are going to sell VV Dijk?
    So they might be more vunerable at the back?

Going with a very very different tactic this year even though I've had good finishing position for the last 2 years.

Going to set up for first 8 GW's and then look to WC.

My current team looks weaker than my previous draft so it will be interesting to see if I've called the first 8 GW fixtures correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Going with a very very different tactic this year even though I've had good finishing position for the last 2 years.

Going to set up for first 8 GW's and then look to WC.

My current team looks weaker than my previous draft so it will be interesting to see if I've called the first 8 GW fixtures correctly.

What's you bench GW1? :)

Best move this to RMT thread.

ElTel wrote: »
    What's you bench GW1? :)

Best move this to RMT thread.

Didn't put it in there because I'm not really looking for player opinions. It's more a tactic discussion I think.

I have - Elliot, Carroll, Mee, Long is my current fodder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Didn't put it in there because I'm not really looking for player opinions. It's more a tactic discussion I think.

I have - Elliot, Carroll, Mee, Long is my current fodder

Created a thread for this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772318

Advertisement