Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

It's worth remembering that Chelsea are back in Europe this year, which will most likely see a lot more rotation of the side. In particular with those wing back slots. So while Sandro could be first choice, it is quite likely Alonso will see a lot of game time against your Huddersfields, Burnleys etc, which will limit the appeal of both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Alonso could possibly move to central defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

eagle eye wrote: »
    Alonso could possibly move to central defense.

If so I imagine his attacking points could be curtailed too so probably not worth the inevitable hefty price (I imagine 7.0 or maybe even 7.5)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

If so I imagine his attacking points could be curtailed too so probably not worth the inevitable hefty price (I imagine 7.0 or maybe even 7.5)

And they would keep no clean sheets
    He is not a good defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Guardian linking Sanchez with City - I already think they will win it but if that goes through they will score so many goals. He will be absolute fantasy gold.

• Advertisement

If Sanchez moves to city it lessens his appeal not heightens it
    He will be rotated

Also city are in for Alex Sandro as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pure speculation at this stage, but with Firmino playing up front all last season, and moving his squad number to 9, do people expect him to be a Forward this year?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Pure speculation at this stage, but with Firmino playing up front all last season, and moving his squad number to 9, do people expect him to be a Forward this year?

It's interesting alright. Himself and Sanchez could be listed as strikers and it would be a fair call.

Some players being changed in position, for next season, are fairly obvious but I suppose it depends on how they decide.

Will they go purely on how many times they played in a certain position last season or will they go with the likelyhood of where they're likely to play next season.

There are a few players that I'm looking forward to seeing what they are listed as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »

They've not changed many in the last few years really despite the changes in formations teams have been using. Hopefully this isn't the year they decide to go crazy and move a load of players forward having said that we do need more forwards in the game not many options last season at times.

Defoe has signed for Bournemouth
    Straight into my team now

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Defoe has signed for Bournemouth
    Straight into my team now

A fairly confident statement.

At what price do you say no though ?

He was the 5th highest scoring forward last season so would 9 million be too much to pay ?

A fairly confident statement.

At what price do you say no though ?

He was the 5th highest scoring forward last season so would 9 million be too much to pay ?

Can't see him being more than 7.5 again
    Maybe 8 which is an awkward price ........
    Haven't looked at their fixtures yet either as I'll be setting up for first month or so only as per usual
    But he could be a fantastic option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Ake to Bournemouth - could be a great buy at the right price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Probably would have been better if he signed after the game came back.
    Price would have been likely lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Former FPL hero Robin van Persie has been linked with Crystal Palace. Would be great to see RVP back in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ake to Bournemouth - could be a great buy at the right price.

Think Bournemouth & Southampton fixtures rotate perfectly this year which would be great for swapping Ake (if 4.5, maybe 5.0) and the likes of Cedric & Yoshida

Even Begovic & Forster in nets too, if they cost 9.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Think Bournemouth & Southampton fixtures rotate perfectly this year which would be great for swapping Ake (if 4.5, maybe 5.0) and the likes of Cedric & Yoshida

Even Begovic & Forster in nets too, if they cost 9.5

Yoshida hasn't been offered a new contract yet, think he has either 6 or 12 months left on current deal so he mightn't figure in the club's plans. I still hope his deal is extended or Liverpool offer £15 million :rolleyes: :pac:

Stephens has got a new deal and would be my pick at the moment depending on his price.

They've signed another CB-Bednarek also so more competition.

Super Matty Targett would be an option if Bertrand goes

Will have to keep an eye on preseason games to see how they line out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

shineon23 wrote: »
    Yoshida hasn't been offered a new contract yet, think he has either 6 or 12 months left on current deal so he mightn't figure in the club's plans. I still hope his deal is extended or Liverpool offer £15 million :rolleyes: :pac:

Stephens has got a new deal and would be my pick at the moment depending on his price.

If Van Djik starts at 5.5 while still at Soton and then moves to Liverpool, Chelsea or City he will absolute must - even at 6.0 he'd be v attractive with his goal threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Westbrom have signed Jay Rod.

Might be a decent enabler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Westbrom have signed Jay Rod.

Might be a decent enabler.

How many times have we thought that before

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »

Every year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

manual_man wrote:
    How many times have we thought that before

Well maybe this year is our year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

I was trying to be cute with going with 3 mid priced forwards that played the lone striker role and packing the midfield but that doesn't seem to have been the strategy of any of the winners from previous seasons. Basically its been 3-4-3 all players from top teams with 1 mid priced midfielder and who had a great season and 1 defender from the likes of Southampton that can keep a clean sheet at home and pop up with 5 assists a season.

If you don't make early transfers that quickly increase the value of your team you're out of the running by GW10.

The gameplan is tried and tested. It basically comes down to the mid priced midfielder, mid priced defender and then waiting for a top striker to be rotated/injured and picking the guy that replaces him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No more Super Georgie Byrd as fifth mid. He's gone to Sheffield Wednesday

Division wrote: »
    If you don't make early transfers that quickly increase the value of your team you're out of the running by GW10.
    Don't agree with that bit at all. If you look at most of the top teams they tend to be the ones who had the right players from the start so didn't need to go signing Flavour of the week each Sunday night chasing price rises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Really don't think that there's any magic formula. Over the course of 380 games, no one small part of the strategy can guarantee or eliminate the chances of success.

Very much a case of who throws the most darts in the right direction. Usually a few more land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Former FPL hero Robin van Persie has been linked with Crystal Palace. Would be great to see RVP back in the Premier League.

Would love to see him back in PL. Definitely be in my team every week without fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

when will the doors open again ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

miller82 wrote: »
    when will the doors open again ?

Week of july 10th.

Advertisement