Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Didn't put it in there because I'm not really looking for player opinions. It's more a tactic discussion I think.

I have - Elliot, Carroll, Mee, Long is my current fodder

That's my bench too

km79 wrote: »
    That's my bench too

Ha. I won't ask you your front 3 just in case.

Wonder will FPL add Jason Lokilo at Palace and hopefully list him as a midfielder.

Has started last 2 pre season games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is Jones now available to play the super cup game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Didn't put it in there because I'm not really looking for player opinions. It's more a tactic discussion I think.

I have - Elliot, Carroll, Mee, Long is my current fodder
    That's my bench too

And mine as well!
    Front 3 of Kane, Lukaku and Firmino. Ramsey injury has thrown a Spaniard in the works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Foshu-Mensah reportedly having a medical at Palace today ahead of a season long loan. Could be worth having a look at

Antibac wrote: »
    Foshu-Mensah reportedly having a medical at Palace today ahead of a season long loan. Could be worth having a look at

Oh my oh my
    I've been looking for a 4.5 palace defender to rotate with mee
    This would be excellent news . He is a very very good player
    Problem is I'd need him to start next weekend

Other side of it is that Aurier is now being strongly linked with a live to united . Competition /rotation for Valencia

Thinking about it more De Boer would be well aware of fosu mensah from his time in holland and he needs someone to come straight in as one of the 3 CB or right wing back
    If this moves goes through today it tomorrow I'm going for it
    Worst case scenario Is I have to play Mee away to Chelsea .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

patmac wrote:
    . Ramsey injury has thrown a Spaniard in the works.

Fabregas, Pedro if he's not suspended or Cazorla at a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Oh my oh my
    I've been looking for a 4.5 palace defender to rotate with mee
    This would be excellent news . He is a very very good player
    Problem is I'd need him to start next weekend

Other side of it is that Aurier is now being strongly linked with a live to united . Competition /rotation for Valencia

Club has denied it & Aurier won't get a Visa for the UK.Although Utd are being linked with Barca's Sergi Roberto who can play in a similar position

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    And mine as well!
    Front 3 of Kane, Lukaku and Firmino. Ramsey injury has thrown a Spaniard in the works.

I dropped Lukaku, for the first time, in my most recent draft.

Antibac wrote: »
    Club has denied it & Aurier won't get a Visa for the UK.Although Utd are being linked with Barca's Sergi Roberto who can play in a similar position

Seen that on Roberto just there
    Apparently aurier has appealed the visa and decision is due today ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That's my bench too
    Mee too :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

manual_man wrote: »
    Wasn't thinking Firmino before but if he's on pens that's a game changer

Yeah, in the past I always had Mane ahead of Firmino/Coutinho.

Firmino + Penalties is better than Mane though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is Chilwell likely to start for Leicester at 4.5 could be bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Be careful folks, have Firmino in my team (as it stands) but I reckon Milner is still going to still be on pens. Just look at his comments in the Liverpool Echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Funk It wrote: »
    Be careful folks, have Firmino in my team (as it stands) but I reckon Milner is still going to still be on pens. Just look at his comments in the Liverpool Echo.

Still though with doubts over likes of defoe in the same price bracket and liverpool's first two fixtures I think firmino is worth the risk?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Funk It wrote: »

I think that if Milner is on the pitch, he'll take them. But Klopps latest comment that Milner is now 'free to play in midfield' makes me think Milner will no longer be first choice. He'd have to get the nod over two of Wijnaldum/Henderson/Can. I don't see that happening. I could see Milner playing in Champions league games though due to his experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

I'm all for Firmino staying in my team don't get me wrong. Just not expecting or banking on him being on pens.

manual_man wrote: »
    I think that if Milner is on the pitch, he'll take them. But Klopps latest comment that Milner is now 'free to play in midfield' makes me think Milner will no longer be first choice. He'd have to get the nod over two of Wijnaldum/Henderson/Can. I don't see that happening. I could see Milner playing in Champions league games though due to his experience.

Yeah I think Milner has turned into an older version of John O'Shea / Phil Neville during thier time at Man united.
    The fact that Klopp brought Robertson, and is even taking up Moreno strengthens your point.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-liverpool-milner-moreno-solanke-13437620

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Starting today to look at my team...can anyone point me to a link where people discussed the change in chips?....see some people talking about BB in week 1....is that not an unusual tactic?

Really appreciate any replies.

Starting today to look at my team...can anyone point me to a link where people discussed the change in chips?....see some people talking about BB in week 1....is that not an unusual tactic?

Really appreciate any replies.

BB gw1 would be mad.

The new 'free hit' chip is effectively a week where you can pick any players for that one week.
    Then you team returns to it's previous selection.
    Probably best used with lots of injuries or if all your squads fixtures take a turn for the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

BB gw1 would be mad.

The new 'free hit' chip is effectively a week where you can pick any players for that one week.
    Then you team returns to it's previous selection.
    Probably best used with lots of injuries or if all your squads fixtures take a turn for the worst.

Or if you have a blank and DGW in close proximity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What's the consensus on Jay Rodriguez as a third striker?

At £6.0m and BOU, bur, STO, bha, WHU in the first five games, it is tempting to throw him in alongside the big hitters to free up funds elsewhere.

Concerns are West Brom's chance creation and where he will play, as Pulis could well play him out wide. I believe he has played a mixture of support striker and left wing in pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Paully D wrote: »
    What's the consensus on Jay Rodriguez as a third striker?

At £6.0m and BOU, bur, STO, bha, WHU in the first five games, it is tempting to throw him in alongside the big hitters to free up funds elsewhere.

Concerns are West Brom's chance creation and where he will play, as Pulis could well play him out wide. I believe he has played a mixture of support striker and left wing in pre-season.

I was definitely thinking about him for a bit and if he was a MF I'd be interested but not as a striker given the exact concerns that you raised. Given WBA score about half their goals from set pieces and don't score too many to begin with I think I'll take a pass on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 affcu

4 days and 131 tinkers until FPL starts! Here's our Game Week 1 preview pod:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 affcu

affcu wrote: »
    https://soundcloud.com/fantasyeplpod/fpl-podcast-gw1-2017

Not sure I would stomach that if I am honest.
    They are Yanks away matches will be 'on the road' etc.

And about 15 minutes in lack of knowledge was already displayed - not knowing Chicharito's real name was Javier Hernandez.

Worse still another fella said he does not like 'new guys in the prem for the first time'

His examples were Lacazette and Salah :D

So all in all I think there are better podcasts.
    Steer clear until they learn who the players are is my advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thought up of a good name if anybody's looking for one:

Aké Insurance

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Not sure I would stomach that if I am honest.
    They are Yanks away matches will be 'on the road' etc.

And about 15 minutes in lack of knowledge was already displayed - not knowing Chicharito's real name was Javier Hernandez.

Worse still another fella said he does not like 'new guys in the prem for the first time'

His examples were Lacazette and Salah :D

So all in all I think there are better podcasts.
    Steer clear until they learn who the players are is my advice!

Had this downloaded and was going to listen to it in work. Think I'll delete it so. You've saved me an hour and a half:)

Advertisement