Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Anyone know if I want to make a change/waiver to my team will it take effect before GW1 or am I stuck with all my injured/suspended defenders?

Picked Moses (2 game ban), Koscielney (3 game ban), Rose (injured for first few weeks), and Van Djik (on strike). Thinking I'll get rid of Van Djik for someone who will start first few games..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

@the_manutd_blog: #MUFC see Danny Rose as a solution to their search for a wide player, given the club’s frustrated pursuits of Perisic & Bale. (Independent) https://twitter.com/the_manutd_blog/status/894683508437917696/photo/1

Davies.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14 affcu

martin101 wrote: »
    Not sure I would stomach that if I am honest.
    They are Yanks away matches will be 'on the road' etc.

And about 15 minutes in lack of knowledge was already displayed - not knowing Chicharito's real name was Javier Hernandez.

Worse still another fella said he does not like 'new guys in the prem for the first time'

His examples were Lacazette and Salah :D

So all in all I think there are better podcasts.
    Steer clear until they learn who the players are is my advice!

Had this downloaded and was going to listen to it in work. Think I'll delete it so. You've saved me an hour and a half:)
    Fair enough on Salah—the guy on the podcast was drinking heavily during Salah's dalliance at Chelsea. We knew Chicharito's real name, we were just saying that when you search the transfers in fantasy.premierleague.com you can't enter "Javier" or "Hernández" or "Balcázar," you have to type in Chicharito to find him.
    And yes, we Yanks get lost in translation when it comes to pitch/field, boots/cleats and defence/defense. Either way thank you for the listening and if you don't mind helping us out with vocabulary I'd love to for you to contribute a segment on "football glossary" or as we would say without your help, "soccer slang."

Anyone know if I want to make a change/waiver to my team will it take effect before GW1 or am I stuck with all my injured/suspended defenders?

Picked Moses (2 game ban), Koscielney (3 game ban), Rose (injured for first few weeks), and Van Djik (on strike). Thinking I'll get rid of Van Djik for someone who will start first few games..

Not sure what you are asking ?
    Unlimited transfers until gw1 so get rid of them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Trimm must be on about the draft game if there are waivers. I'm not sure of the system in that game tbh!

I'm on my millionth draft of my squad selection, I'd love to put Mikhytaryan in but I'm worried about rotation. What are United lads take on here about the attacking mids there, is Pogba the only player guaranteed to play almost every game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Draft league?

Submit your waiver claims and they will be processed 24 hours before GW1 begins, as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Not sure I would stomach that if I am honest.
    They are Yanks away matches will be 'on the road' etc.

And about 15 minutes in lack of knowledge was already displayed - not knowing Chicharito's real name was Javier Hernandez.

Worse still another fella said he does not like 'new guys in the prem for the first time'

His examples were Lacazette and Salah :D

So all in all I think there are better podcasts.
    Steer clear until they learn who the players are is my advice!

The FFS ScoutCast is your only man. :)

Do you have to pay for that ?

It doesn't seem to be very often and when I starting listening, late last season, the podcast came out very late in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Do you have to pay for that ?

It doesn't seem to be very often and when I starting listening, late last season, the podcast came out very late in the week.

Think it's every Tuesday night, there is one tomorrow night anyway. It's free, just search for Scoutcast on Youtube.

McBain11 wrote: »
    Trimm must be on about the draft game if there are waivers. I'm not sure of the system in that game tbh!

I'm on my millionth draft of my squad selection, I'd love to put Mikhytaryan in but I'm worried about rotation. What are United lads take on here about the attacking mids there, is Pogba the only player guaranteed to play almost every game?
    Yes
    All the rest will be rotated 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I found another one which is fairly good 'who got the assist?'

http://https://soundcloud.com/nick-and-tom-who-got-the-assist/

On thier website they try out quirky fpl stuff as well as the usual pointers.

They seem clear and concise with thier advice budget picks etc

They are going to monitor a 'darksiders team' (A team created from players with ownership of less then 10% where possible)

http://whogottheassist.com/

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

If anyone has any free to enter leagues where you can win prizes, I would be really grateful if you could send them to me by pm. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Raoul wrote: »
    If anyone has any free to enter leagues where you can win prizes, I would be really grateful if you could send them to me by pm. Thanks :)

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057763841/1/#post104088938

There's a thread for that. Good few free leagues with prizes been posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ideal replacement if Trippier won't be available to start the season? (Same price as him)

Only other Spurs player I have is Alli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ideal replacement if Trippier won't be available to start the season? (Same price as him)

Only other Spurs player I have is Alli.

If you plan an early WC you could just switch to Davies

Benimar wrote: »
    If you plan an early WC you could just switch to Davies

I'm strongly considering this
    A lot of talk again about united moving for rose......

Do we expect Rose to miss at least the first couple of games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lamina set to join Saints for £20m. A regular CM I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Do we expect Rose to miss at least the first couple of games?

As he has been out the best part of 6 months now I'd say he'll be eased back into first-team football. I don't think he'll be starting games until after the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

manual_man wrote: »
    Lamina set to join Saints for £20m. A regular CM I believe

Wonder if that puts JWP in doubt (though I know he's more attacking I think?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Not going to bring any Tottenham player in until after week 4 - they have 2 hard fixtures, and Newcastle away won't be a stroll in the park either.

Want to see how the Wembley home game factor affects them too, as if you factor in their game v Chelsea in FA Cup, and their CL games - they have 1 win and 3 defeats from their last 4 games played at Wembley. GW5 would be when I would make the jump for Harry Kane.

Likewise Chelsea minus Costa, Hazard and Matic - who were integral to the PL title last season. Hazard brought a lot of the creative spark, and there is no telling how Morata will adapt to PL football. Their schedule doesn't really have a proper run of easy fixtures until late November - which lasts all the way until Mid February.

Liverpool have very hard fixtures in week 3 and 4, find it hard to plump for their players yet with that in mind. No Lallana will definitely hurt and the Coutinho transfer saga could have a negative effect. From Week 10 onwards, their schedule is pretty much a dream until January.

Have £3 million sitting in my bank and honestly don't know where to spend it. Don't think it's wise to not spend, but it could allow me to make 2 big transfers going into GW3.

City/United/West Brom/Southampton seem to have the easiest openings and I have a few players from each of those teams.

Don't know if anybody is inclined to agree with what I wrote but would love to hear some thoughts - haven't played Fantasy properly in about 3/4 years, so could be way off with my analysis.

Steven Davis being shoved aside in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Steven Davis being shoved aside in this case.

Isn't he their new captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hard to tell. Davis can play regular cm or attacking cm. JWP can play attacking cm or winger. Take from that what you will!

Isn't he their new captain?

He's the club captain (like Mertesacker).

He probably won't be the team captain - That'll probably be Forster.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Mokuba wrote: »
    Have £3 million sitting in my bank and honestly don't know where to spend it. Don't think it's wise to not spend, but it could allow me to make 2 big transfers going into GW3.

City/United/West Brom/Southampton seem to have the easiest openings and I have a few players from each of those teams.

Don't know if anybody is inclined to agree with what I wrote but would love to hear some thoughts - haven't played Fantasy properly in about 3/4 years, so could be way off with my analysis.

Doing pretty much the same myself (but no west brom). Two million to spare. The only thing it is quite scary with no Spurs/Pool.
    I expect to take a few hits early, easier to do once we have more information and can see how teams are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

Well lads, any chance of an aul rate for my provisional team?
    Foster
    Azpil – Lindelof - Monreal
    Alli – Matic – Willian – D. Silva
    Iheanacho – Kane – Lukaku

Subs: Elliot, Loftus-Cheek, Delaney, Simpson

Will prob swap out Matic for someone a bit more attack minded but there’s not too much around for £5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Has anyone identified the best three-way £4.5m rotating defenders?

I'm at the point now where I think I'll leave out a Spurs defender, go with Bailly and Cedric and rotate the last spot.

Guessing Burnley may link well with a couple of others due to their horrible away but kind home games?

From the small bit I have done on it it seems a Palace £4.5m would be ideal but Fosu-Mensah isn't going to be sorted on time unfortunately.

Paully D wrote: »
    Has anyone identified the best three-way £4.5m rotating defenders?

I'm at the point now where I think I'll leave out a Spurs defender, go with Bailly and Cedric and rotate the last spot.

Guessing Burnley may link well with a couple of others due to their horrible away but kind home games?

I seen an article earlier that suggested burnley Brighton and Bournemouth
    It also crossed my mind but then I'll more than Have 2 4:5ml defenders not playing every week and the heartache that will no doubt go with it !
    If fosu mensah could sign by end of today I'll rotate him and mee ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Palace, Bournemouth, Burnley looks fantastic in terms of three-way rotation, but I don't see Palace having a £4.5m option for a few gameweeks and I'd be looking for one immediately.

I like the look of Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle which offers wba, WBA, WHU, WBA/CPL, STO and HUD/NEW in the first 6 weeks.

It should offer a reasonable shot of clean sheets in those games. I know there's a lot of West Brom there mind but in terms of established Premier League teams, they'd be one of the ones I'd be least concerned about from an attacking point of view.

EDIT - sorry, week 1 you're stuck with TOT/mci/che which makes things less attractive with that trio.

Maybe Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley is an option which gives wba, WAT/WBA, wat, WBA/PAL, BRI, HUD/NEW.

Advertisement