Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I wouldn't be sure TFM will definitely start, even if he is signed in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I thought Bojan had left Stoke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I thought Bojan had left Stoke?

No was only a loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Paully D wrote: »
    Has anyone identified the best three-way £4.5m rotating defenders?

I'm at the point now where I think I'll leave out a Spurs defender, go with Bailly and Cedric and rotate the last spot.

Guessing Burnley may link well with a couple of others due to their horrible away but kind home games?

From the small bit I have done on it it seems a Palace £4.5m would be ideal but Fosu-Mensah isn't going to be sorted on time unfortunately.

Is it just me or does defensive rotation get talked about way too much in pre-season and after GW3 or 4 its largely forgotten about as wildcards are rolled out and a whole new landscape has formed.

I wouldn't worry about rotation, just get 2 decent defenders and another solid 5m like Daniels or Dawson and fill the rest with a backup guy and a 4m dud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is it just me or does defensive rotation get talked about way too much in pre-season and after GW3 or 4 its largely forgotten about as wildcards are rolled out and a whole new landscape has formed.

I wouldn't worry about rotation, just get 2 decent defenders and another solid 5m like Daniels or Dawson and fill the rest with a backup guy and a 4m dud.
    It probably does and rarely works anyway
    But
    Burnley have 3 nice home games 2,4&6 and poor away games 1,3&5 so ideally I would like to rotate a 4.5 with mee
    Ideally from palace
    I'm probably going to chance fosu mensah .........sure if I have to play mee away to Chelsea what about ..........stranger things have happened than a nil all draw !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

What's the consensus on Zaha? If he was on set pieces he'd be 100% in my team. But without them, I'm struggling to shell out 7.0 for him.

spock. wrote: »
    What's the consensus on Zaha? If he was on set pieces he'd be 100% in my team. But without them, I'm struggling to shell out 7.0 for him.

He's a good option considering Palace's fixtures to start off. Penalties would be a dream scenario but I still think he'll prove good value for his price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

spock. wrote: »

I personally think he's the best 7.0m option (at least to start off with). Last season was a break out year for him, he kind of seemed to come of age as a player. 149 fpl points certainly not bad. A great fixture to start off with, and 3 good from the first 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

km79 wrote: »
    It probably does and rarely works anyway
    But
    Burnley have 3 nice home games 2,4&6 and poor away games 1,3&5 so ideally I would like to rotate a 4.5 with mee
    Ideally from palace
    I'm probably going to chance fosu mensah .........sure if I have to play mee away to Chelsea what about ..........stranger things have happened than a nil all draw !
    Well, after 3-4 GWs, when many people WC, we'll have a better idea on these 3-way cheap rotations.

Whether it's overtalked or not, I don't know but I don't agree it rarely works. You have to look at it as the whole picture. A cheap 3-way rotation allows you better players elsewhere. I've been using this tactic for several seasons now and it always worked well for me. Now it also depends what you expect from it. e.g. a CS every 3 games for the player I play is an average I'd be very happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I hate rotations cause I always pick the wrong one and it always puts me in a bad mood :P

I always prefer just having 3 decent defenders, a 4.5 mil just in case, and bench fodder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I hate rotations cause I always pick the wrong one and it always puts me in a bad mood :P

I always prefer just having 3 decent defenders, a 4.5 mil just in case, and bench fodder.
    Yeah but your £4.5m bench fodder could do you the same. Remember Capoue last year :p?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Is anyone going with less than 2 from Kane, Lukaku, Aguero, Jesus and Lacazette?

Is anyone going without Lukaku??

I'm looking at Lukaku + 2 midpriced at the moment.

Benimar wrote: »
    Is anyone going with less than 2 from Kane, Lukaku, Aguero, Jesus and Lacazette?

I am slowly reverting to lukaku and aguero .........I love aguero I love owning Alli I like owning Kane I have never owned kdb and think he is overpriced .......but the sensible move is kane and kdb I guess......but but but aguero ......and 1.5 ml extra ......and allis goal threat
    I wish the deadline was sooner !

Benimar wrote: »

Am on Lukaku, Firmino, and...... Gabbiadini.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

How likely is robertson to start for pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

manual_man wrote: »
    Am on Lukaku, Firmino, and...... Gabbiadini.....

I'm thinking Lukaku, Firmino and Benteke! (KDB and Alli in midfield)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I agree with you in the sense that a whole new landscape will be formed by about GW4, but that's the case with a lot more players than just defensive rotation.

It can definitely work. A defensive rotation last season that was earmarked by a number of people was Boro, West Brom and Burnley. Only one team ended up beating their clean sheet haul (11).

I agree with you in the sense that a whole new landscape will be formed by about GW4, but that's the case with a lot more players than just defensive rotation.

It can definitely work. A defensive rotation last season that was earmarked by a number of people was Boro, West Brom and Burnley. Only one team ended up beating their clean sheet haul (11).

Yeah it can but I've never had much luck with it in my five seasons playing. It's a tactic more suited to early season I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't bother with it I just pick a team who I think is going to score points then phase in the obvious bargains later after a few weeks.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Tis great if you can get the bargains from the get go to save spending baps or a WC early on

Pretty hard this season to figure out the cheapies pre season. It's usually a bit better than this

I usually end up with at least 1 4.0 defender and one sh!tter in mf to maximize other positions.

With Kane and Lukaku pretty necessary early, I'll prob have to have a bench fodder of a striker starting off this season

• Advertisement

I know we all got burned at the back of last season by him, but are we overlooking Gabbiadini for those going with the mid-priced third striker?

The best fixtures in the game to start, a strike of just over 1 in 2 last season, I would say he's virtually guaranteed to start based on Southampton's last pre-season fixture which looked a dress rehearsal for Swansea, and he may be on penalties despite last season's, ahem, incident.

I was on Chicarito, was strongly considering Rodriguez too, but the more I think about it, the more Gabbiadini makes sense at that price point.

*Gulp*

I know we all got burned at the back of last season by him, but are we overlooking Gabbiadini for those going with the mid-priced third striker?

The best fixtures in the game to start, a strike of just over 1 in 2 last season, I would say he's virtually guaranteed to start based on Southampton's last pre-season fixture which looked a dress rehearsal for Swansea, and he may be on penalties despite last season's, ahem, incident.

I was on Chicarito, was strongly considering Rodriguez too, but the more I think about it, the more Gabbiadini makes sense at that price point.

*Gulp*
    I just can't
    For the entire length of time I owned him he looked like he had never played football before

*Gulp*

join me :D we all need moral support :D:D we'll either fly high together in ecstasy or drown in a sea of BUIB (bearded useless Italian bas**rd) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

*Gulp*

Yeah, he's in my team at the moment. I'm a parody of myself at this stage, I swore never again :pac:

You can already see how Gabbiadini is going to play out.

Poor game against Swansea, just makes it to 60 minutes before Austin replaces him, Austin scores the winner and Gabbiadini loses his place for week 2.

That said, I think I'm going to chance it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

You can already see how Gabbiadini is going to play out.

Poor game against Swansea, just makes it to 60 minutes before Austin replaces him, Austin scores the winner and Gabbiadini loses his place for week 2.

That said, I think I'm going to chance it.

Is Gabbi definitely starting ahead of Austin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Raoul wrote: »

I'd love if Austin nicked his place for the weekend, would solve a lot of headaches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Seems like most teams I see on here and twitter have had to make the following decision on Pool/City mid/forward. It's either....
    Firmino and DeBruyne +1m
    Mane/Salah and Jesus

Which way are people going. I currently have Mane/Jesus, but could really do with the 1m for defence. All the talk on here seems to be how we're expecting DeBruyne and Firmino to have breakout years, is Mane/Jesus the safer bet?

Raoul wrote: »

90% chance IMO.

They had a friendly against Sevilla at the weekend in what looked to be a dress rehearsal for Swansea in terms of the starting team.

Gabbiadini played 83 minutes with a goal and an assist in a 2-0 win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Should be noted that pellegrino teams havn't scored that freely over the past 2 years - solid as a rock at the back but going forward they were nothing to shout about.

On the Zaha shout - I've currently got Tom ince in my mid (6m). Looks like he's been an important part in pre season and I'm hoping he might get on a few set pieces. I've got 1m in the bank so I was tempted to move on to Zaha but I've got Loftus Cheek as my 4.5m mid. He looks to be playing in the front position of a midfield 3, and has started the last 2 pre season games for Palace. Anyone any idea how likely he is to start the season, he looks a good option for me. That's my reasoning behind not having Zaha so obviously if this changed....

Advertisement