Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Very strange first goalscorer odds for City, Brahim Diaz and Phil Foden both listed to score at 6-1 and 9-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone on Tammy Abraham at 5.5?

I have decided I am

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone on Tammy Abraham at 5.5?

I have decided I am
    Have him in my team for the moment.

I think he'll score goals given the chance.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How do we think Southamptons back 4 line up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How do we think Southamptons back 4 line up?

I'd imagine it will be Cedric-Stephens-Yoshida-Bertrand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I love Friday night games, but is it just me that would rather the opener wasn't until Saturday as normal?

I used to love spending all Friday night doing preparation and tinkering for hours. I won't be able to do that now with work on Friday and a busy Thursday night ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

manual_man wrote: »
    I personally think he's the best 7.0m option (at least to start off with). Last season was a break out year for him, he kind of seemed to come of age as a player. 149 fpl points certainly not bad. A great fixture to start off with, and 3 good from the first 5.

Also a manager with attack on his mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

1st I've heard Austin won't start, sheeeeeet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Paully D wrote:
    I used to love spending all Friday night doing preparation and tinkering for hours. I won't be able to do that now with work on Friday and a busy Thursday night ahead.

Yeah. That first Friday buzz before Gw1... Up till 2am researching Swansea preseason friendlies ( Amat), going to bed that night dreaming about an Andre Gray hatrick on the opening day... Good times (not really), will miss it this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Who's the safest midfielder at £6.0m or less?

At the moment trying to decide between Shaqiri, Chadli, Philipps, Snodgrass or Iwobi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'd love if Austin nicked his place for the weekend, would solve a lot of headaches!

If he does I'll have to test my team up again
    I've now gone with big front 3

Paully D wrote: »
    I love Friday night games, but is it just me that would rather the opener wasn't until Saturday as normal?

I'm delighted
    I just want to lock it in at this stage !
    There will be a fair few autoselect teams and captains .....,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Harambe wrote: »

At the moment trying to decide between Shaqiri, Chadli, Philipps, Snodgrass or Iwobi.
    Philipps is the only one of those I would say is safe.

Tom Ince is probably the safest bet who I think will score. Richie at Newcastle might do well to. Milijojic at Palace is rock solid but you're relying on Pens/Frees

wardides wrote: »
    On the Zaha shout - I've currently got Tom ince in my mid (6m). Looks like he's been an important part in pre season and I'm hoping he might get on a few set pieces. I've got 1m in the bank so I was tempted to move on to Zaha but I've got Loftus Cheek as my 4.5m mid. He looks to be playing in the front position of a midfield 3, and has started the last 2 pre season games for Palace. Anyone any idea how likely he is to start the season, he looks a good option for me. That's my reasoning behind not having Zaha so obviously if this changed....
    In the Palace previews, Townsend was posted out right back as they had nobody to cover there. With Fosu-Mensah slotting in there, Townsend will be competing for one of the forward spots now too, along with LC and Puncheon

Shedite27 wrote: »
    In the Palace previews, Townsend was posted out right back as they had nobody to cover there. With Fosu-Mensah slotting in there, Townsend will be competing for one of the forward spots now too, along with LC and Puncheon

Fosu mensah is having the longest medical in history :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Yeah. That first Friday buzz before Gw1... Up till 2am researching Swansea preseason friendlies ( Amat), going to bed that night dreaming about an Andre Gray hatrick on the opening day... Good times (not really), will miss it this year though.

Thats been me for the last 24 hours, checking out how Lokilo and Chalobah have done pre season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Harambe wrote: »

I'm looking for a 6 / 6.5 mid myself. Is it madness to consider Yaya?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Andre gray on the way to watford seems a strange one,any1 with any news on PVA or if he is getting a look in with Deboer,sh1te defender but if playing high cud be good

Andre gray on the way to watford seems a strange one,any1 with any news on PVA or if he is getting a look in with Deboer,sh1te defender but if playing high cud be good

Pva is 5.5
    0.5 too high to risk sadly or I'd have him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Philipps is the only one of those I would say is safe.

Tom Ince is probably the safest bet who I think will score. Richie at Newcastle might do well to. Milijojic at Palace is rock solid but you're relying on Pens/Frees

How are these safe? 2 lads that are with promoted teams.

I would go for Iwobi, he is on one of the best teams in the league and he should start and possibly get a goal or assist along the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Raoul wrote: »

I would go for Iwobi, he is on one of the best teams in the league and he should start and possibly get a goal or assist along the way.

But after 2 games it will be likely that Iwobi won't get the minutes, where as the likes of Ince will probably play 90 minutes a week, involved in set pieces and therefore have more of a chance to gain points. Iwobi scored 90 points last year where as Snodgrass was in triple figures even before West Ham came along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ritchie got 4 goals and 8 assists for Bournemouth season before last in Prem. He got 12 goals and 7 assists in the Championship last year and should be on free kicks and penalties this seasons.

Changes to Tripper and Austin's situations made me restructure my team completely so I can't fit Ritchie in anymore which I'm pretty disappointed about because I think him, Trippier and a starting Austin would be best pound for points value in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Not sure if this has been posted, but found this on reddit.

Really is incredible work, a great quick overview of every team's pre-season.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted, but found this on reddit.

Really is incredible work, a great quick overview of every team's pre-season.

Found what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Found what ?

Click the word "this" pal :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Do many of ye sign up for the FantasyFootballScout membership?

Is it worth it?

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Click the word "this" pal :P

Ha. Colour blind.

"Safe" in that they're going to play and are attacking players. Iwobi will be back on the bench once Ozil is fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"Safe" in that they're going to play and are attacking players. Iwobi will be back on the bench once Ozil is fit.

Ozil's fitness doesn't really affect Iwobi though cause they play in different positions. Sanchez being out should see Iwobi start on the left.

• Advertisement

Ozil's fitness doesn't really affect Iwobi though cause they play in different positions. Sanchez being out should see Iwobi start on the left.

Hope you're right, for me there's Lacazette, Ozil, Welbeck ahead of Iwobi, and obviously Sanchez if he's still around. Then Walcott and Giroud pinching minutes here and there.

If he stays in the team it'd be great, but sounds like a lot of people here are swooning over being able to get "Arsenal Coverage" for 5.5 rather than picking a player who's going to get them points.

Advertisement